Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Sickness...Maybe it will end someday

If you read my previous post...you will know that Jett and Rylee were very cranky last night. Usually when kids get cranky...more than the norm...it only means one thing...SICKNESS is near.

Sure enough this morning at 4am, Rylee woke up burning up and complaining about her throat. I gave her some Motrin and realized that I was once again staying home with a sick child.

Then after the boys got ready for school, I realized Jett was hot also. He said his throat hurt so he got to stay home with us girls.

I got a doctor appointment at 10:30...we saw our favorite doctor...who probably cringed as he saw us coming! ;) The nurse said the kids didn't even have fevers...WHAT!?!? They had been hot all morning and I had purposely let their medicine wear off so it would go back up. I could feel that their bodies were warm. He looked at Jett and thought he looked okay...I am thinking..."Oh no...it's that viral crap that I am wasting a co-pay on this???" BUT...then he looked at Rylee and said her throat looked nasty....so out comes the giant Q-tip for the throat cultures. For once I went to the doctor and they were actually sick...yes! Not that I want them to be sick...its just that it seems like every time I go nothing is done for them.

I cringed afraid they were going to react as they do to shots but instead they were extremely calm! Rylee gagged a little but Jett didn't even do that. They did wonderful. Still I couldn't convince them to go for the shot instead of the darn TEN day antibiotics TWICE a day...UGH!!!!

So now they are both home from school / daycare for the rest of the week. Rylee is finally back asleep from being awake since 4am and I am thinking a nap sounds really good to me too!! :o)

2 comments:

Tanja said...

Every. Single. Word. Ditto!!! I spent my second co-pay this week on "that viral crap". And since Clay is still running a fever, I'm considering shelling out some more. If I do, I'm demanding blood. Drawn from Clay, not the doc. And I am completely over the stinkin' antibiotic 10-day thing. I'm not warning the kids, but the next one to get strep is getting poked!!! Wanna band together on this one?

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole~
Sorry to hear you guys have been sick! Let me know when your`re ready to order your 3-D jeans you won on my blog!!

Laurie