Friday, January 2, 2009

Scyler's Visit

Scyler, Duffer's daughter who lives in Myrtle Beach, was in town visiting this week. She spent Thursday night with us. She came over around 5pm and we hung out, ate supper, and then watched a movie...Prom Night (Scyler's pick). I was surprised she wanted to watch a scary movie but even more shocked that all of my kids watched it too!! Davis especially who was even scared to watch Monster House...the cartoon version of a scary movie!

Here they were getting ready for the movie. Rylee was all about Scyler...wanting to sit beside her, play with her, pretty much do everything with her. I don't think Scyler enjoyed it as much as Rylee did...you can see from her looks in these pictures. Scyler is used to being an only child so having younger siblings in like putting her in culture shock! :)

Rylee wanted to love on her and again Scyler wasn't too sure about it.

Daddy and his girls. It's hard to believe that Scyler was Rylee's age when Duffer and I got married and she first stayed with us.

We woke up on Friday morning and Duffer went and got us all biscuits for breakfast. Then we got ready and loaded up in the car to go shopping. We were going to get Scyler whatever she wanted for her Christmas present...with the chaos of moving we didn't get anything in the mail in time to reach her.

Duffer and me in the car...taken by Duffer....this one is his best one yet he has taken. It looks like it was taken by someone else. Doesn't he look good in his goatee. He only has one because he has been off work for a week...he isn't allowed to have one at work. He is ready to shave it off but I won't let him until Monday morning. ;) I like it...

First stop, we drove over two streets and picked up Alexis...the kids' cousin. We had gotten her a gift card to Justice for Christmas and promised her we would take her shopping also.

We headed to the mall and went to Justice. The girls bought a few things and then we rushed back to the car. I was having Duffer drop me off at my doctor appointment. He dropped Davis and me off...he offered to go with me...and we signed in only to have the receptionist tell me my appointment was on the 9th! I was supposed to have blood work done but couldn't since I wasn't fasting. So I have to go back Monday morning for blood work and then on Friday for my appointment.

I had Davis call Duffer quickly and get him back there to pick us up. As soon as I got in the car I looked at him and said, "Don't say a word". He just rolled his eyes. He looked back at the girls who were confused and said...."It would be different if this wasn't the third time she's done this in a year!" LOL So I get things a little mixed up at times....tell me a mother of three who doesn't?!?!?!?

So we headed back to the mall to finish shopping. We headed to the shoe store to get the boys' basketball shoes...their first game is a week from tomorrow. Jett got some cool black and silver ones and Davis got some red, white and black ones. I just had to get Rylee these little clogs that were the cutest things ever!! She loved them so much she wouldn't take them off after she tried them on.

While we were in the shoe store, Duffer had Scyler and Alexis in Claire's spending some more money. Then we headed to Chick-fil-a and Auntie Annie's to eat. When you take five kids out you sure do get a lot of sympathy looks!!!

After we ate we were done at the mall. We headed to Target. There I got Rylee three more pairs of shoes...all of hers were rough looking due to her wearing them constantly...she even wants to wear them to bed at night!!! She also needed some tights for church which took me forever to find.

After Target I needed a Starbucks latte badly so we hit the drive thru and then headed home. We took Alexis home and then came home to get Scyler's stuff. We then took her back to Duffer's mom's house. We took some pictures of the kids together while there.

As soon as we got there, Rylee headed to Nene's planter that she loves to sit in. You can see her little shoes that I love just a little.

Jett being mischievous as usual.

Scyler and Nene

Davis

All the kids...Davis, Rylee, Scyler and Jett

Nene and Jett

Nene and the kids

Papaw Maynard, Nene and the kids

Duffer and me with the kids.

We said our good-byes...Scyler goes back to SC tomorrow...and headed home. We got home and put Jett's new bedding for the bunk beds...that came in the mail today...on their beds then put the boys in bed...trying to get them ready for Monday morning when they go back to school. :o( I didn't get a picture of the bedding tonight so will do that tomorrow.

I have been doing PILES of laundry ever since they went to bed. I got a little behind being so busy this week and not doing my daily load or two each day. Duffer is going to kill me because it is 11pm and our sheets are still in the washer...yikes!! If the load in the dryer would dry....sometimes I dream of having my own personal laundry mat just so I can get all the laundry done in 2 hours. How pathetic is it when you have 12 loads of laundry to do....yes I said 12...yet we all still have tons of clothes in our closets to wear...could probably make it two more weeks if we just didn't run out of socks and underwear. That tells me we have WAY too much crap!!!! We don't buy that much so I have no clue how we get it all????

No comments: