Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve Party

I had to work on New Year's Eve while Duffer was off. :( The highlight of my day was when our new director (of only a month) told everyone in our building we could leave an hour early ~ PAID! Woohoo! So I got off at 3pm but that is when our fun ended.

We were invited to our friends' Christmas/NYE party and had a babysitter all lined up but it fell through. Duffer called to say we weren't able to go but then after some finagling we got another babysitter...Duffer's stepmom, Robin. So we were on again!! We were getting down to the wire so we got ready super fast and I starting making my appetizer to take. I used Allison's ham roll recipe which would have been awesome if I had made it like I was supposed to!!!

You take crescent rolls, unroll them, spread honey butter on, layer with ham and Swiss cheese, roll up and bake according to crescent roll can. Well I misunderstood because when she said lay them out on cookie sheet and them roll them all up....I rolled them up like you would a pumpkin roll when you are supposed to roll each individual crescent!! It was so thick that the inside was still doughy...even after baking forever...so we just didn't take anything. :(

Here we are before we left....courtesy of my photographer in the making (Davis). See how Duffer is growing out his goatee...I prefer him with one but they won't let them have one at work so Monday he will have to shave it. :o(

Full body shot...by Davis again...a little crooked. ;)

So we get to the party and I am thinking I am not going to know anyone except the hosts, Randy and Julie, but it turns out I knew several. Here is Josh and his girlfriend, Heather. I worked with Josh when he deejayed at the Sportsbar and his dad and Duffer's dad are friends. I didn't know Heather but she is Julie's best friend.

Chad and me....we went to high school together but didn't know each other just knew who each other were. I think we had been chowing down on all the awesome food. There was an awesome shrimp cocktail tray from Riverfront, very good chicken salad sandwiches, and my favorite chocolate fondue with Twinkies, strawberries and bananas to dip in it. I can't remember the exact ingredients but it was something like chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and graham crackers crushed up. It was AWESOME!!!!

Here is Randy....we also went to school together. I loved their little mini bottle collection...it was actually Julie's dads. You know how I love itty bitty things and all those little bottles were so cute. Duffer can't stand to see them because they remind him of when he bartended in SC and he said they were miserable to use. FYI...SC no longer uses them.

Randy and Heather

Duffer


Julie playing Guitar Hero.

Duffer being a "rock star"!

Duffer and Julie playing together...Chad was teaching Julie.

I was fussing at Duffer over something...jokingly of course...and he captured the "Kodak moment". haha. That curl drove me crazy all night that kept flipping up in my face!

Duffer

Megan and meDuffer and Randy....a little blurry I know.

They go way back when they bartended together at TGI Friday's in Myrtle Beach.

Don't even ask me what they were doing here?????

Randy and Chuck


Randy, Carol and Chuck
Julie ready to ring in 2009.

Check out Duffer's new year's resolution....and I am holding him to it!!!!!!

Group picture of the girls.

Carol and me

Chuck and me

Chad and his wife, Amber. They both went to high school with me but were a little bit older.

Melanie and her husband. I forgot his name...want to say Jeff but not positive. I met so many new people it was hard to remember all their names.

Group picture of all...someone else took this so not sure what was in way of picture.

Rowdy boys

Chuck and Carol



Time to open presents....I think it was going on 1am before we got around to this!

It was a glass top wine rack. Now I think the kind of wine you store in these are nasty....mainly because you drink them at room temp....but I think they look cool so we definitely wanted to keep it!!! It did get stolen from Duffer though.



Julie keeping us all in line with her rules of the game in hand. :)


My turn...

An ice tea maker....this would have been awesome if I didn't already have two that I use all the time....

Sooooooooo.....I stole the wine rack table back.

Amber and Chad



Playing the ornament game...the one where someone reads a story and you give your gift to the left or the right of you every time the words are mentioned.

















I kept trying to get the fuzzy bag I am holding. I ended up with it in the end. YAY!! We left with both gifts we wanted too. We had a great time....stayed out a little later than originally planned but still had fun. We have such a good time with Randy and Julie and hope to spend lots more time with them in the future....we seriously want to go to the Melting Pot for Valentine's Day so lets plan that for sure!!!

We came home and Pop was asleep on the couch, all three kids were asleep and Robin was worn out!! We decided to jump in the hot tub to wind down from all the excitement. It really helped me because my neck was so tense...I always get so nervous in social situations....I swear I need to be a hermit!

Happy New Year!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg! That looked like so much fun! The 3rd picture down..Heather I think was her name..I was cracking up in every picture..Her stance/pose never changed..hahah, that must be her good side...

You and Duffer are so adorably CUTE!!!!!!

WHAT FUN!! GOOD TIMES!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Hey.....I just stopped by...

I was looking at all the pictures and I saw Meghan....I LOVE HER!!! She cuts Jarrett and Blake's hair. I think she is just the cutest thing EVER and such a sweety!

I also saw that you have on a sweater just like mine...except mine is a brown/tan/creme mix. We do that alot...how funny.

Looks like you guys had a large time at your par-tay!
Happy New Year to you...love ya'll!!