Sunday, December 28, 2008

Renovations

I haven't been worth a lump of coal today. I mean I literally haven't done a thing except one load of laundry. I hit snooze on the alarm so we didn't even make it to church. :O(

Here is Davis in his snazzy new glasses. He has worn contacts for 2 years now and would die before he wore his glasses out...like to school because of all the names he was called like the infamous Four Eyes....but he needed a pair to give his eyes a break while at home. I think he looks cute but it took a while for me to get used to seeing him in them again. Please excuse the bed head...he hadn't been up long here.

Duffer has been so busy today. I wish I had just half the energy and motivation he has!!! Oh I did vacuum the whole house...I guess that is two things I accomplished today. Here is Duffer's wall he built. Before you walked out the door of the laundry room (you can vaguely see it to the right) and then you were in the garage even though this portion was carpeted...then you take a left through another door to Davis' room. It stayed really cold because when the boys would be playing in Davis' room they would often leave the door open. Duffer put up drywall and took a door from Davis' room (you will see from where in a minute) so now you walk through this door to the garage.

Here is another view from the laundry room door.

This is where the door came from. It is in Davis' room but only covered the breaker box.

While Duffer was working, Rylee pretended to be building stuff also. At one point Duffer was humming and Rylee asked him to not do that because she was dizzy. He asked her why and she told him that his singing was making her sick!! Hilarious!!

Today Duffer got this all covered area over the breaker box up and the wood color is a door that can be opened to access it.

My personal handyman...I haven't found anything he can't do! LOL

Duffer walked in the den where I was and said the kids had let in some hoodlums. In walked Alexis and Scyler who had walked over from Pop's house!! Scyler is in town for a week and will spend the night with us Thursday night so more pictures of her will come soon. They only stayed an hour or so and then went back to Pop's. (Rylee whined for her after she left.)

In addition to the renovations Duffer did today, he is in the middle of putting the bunk beds back up in Jett's room. Davis still won't sleep in his downstairs bedroom and he and Jett have been sharing a full size bed but Jett digs his feet into your back and it is very hard to sleep with him! This will also give Jett more playing space. Today I ordered some bedding for these in black, khaki and red so I will post pictures when I get them in and put together. Now I just need to get Rylee's room together and we can start painting.

Well as you can see...Duffer has worked his butt off and I have caught up on my recorded shows and done nothing. I think I am just depressed about having to go back to work tomorrow especially since Duffer is off all week!! At least I am only working 3 days...

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

I did the tag...Check it out...Hope you are having a great week..and that you guys have a Blessed New Year!!! Love you...