When the kids came home, Davis was immediately whiny and said he felt bad and that his head and stomach hurt. I told him to get on in bed and maybe he'd feel better. Wrong...he fell asleep and woke us up an hour later because he got sick in his sleep...all over the bed and the new comforter we had just gotten! I guess that will be headed to the dry cleaners now!!
So we changed the sheets, changed Davis, set up the trash can...we are getting pretty good at this by now...and went back to sleep. From then we were woken up every two hours...1am...3am..4:45am...until finally I gave him a dose of Phengren...no I didn't give it until now because the virus or whatever bad stuff needed to get out of his body. So he hasn't gotten sick since.
I stayed home with Davis today...just about never woke him up this morning at 10:30 to go to my chiropractor appointment thanks to that Phengren!! Almost never found my keys thanks to Jett's separation anxiety...he has to go to sleep with all sets of keys in his room so he "knows" we won't leave him! My keys were still in his room and usually Duffer gets them and has my car started for me. Shew...I tell you my life could be a sitcom!!!
Here is the results from my chiropractor visit...and as bad as this sounds...you won't be able to help but laugh!! If you remember I was a nervous wreck that I had my aunt's deadly disease and Duffer thought I was dying too after I told him...plus he has seen how much pain I have been in.
So I go today...if you are wondering...Davis went with me but stayed in the car...didn't want to infect the entire office. When the doctor showed me my x-rays I was a little stunned to say the least. First, I was told I have a minor birth defect...spinal bifida...what?!?!?!?!?! A person always loves getting that news, huh?? She assured me it was nothing to worry about that she had the same thing but you can imagine me standing there like a deer in headlights especially when she told me the second thing...
She asked me what trauma I had in the past few years. Well, who knows??? I fall all the time!!! Then I told her...the worst thing I can think of is my slip-n-slide incident...yes those things are deadly!!! She remembered me telling her that previously and said yes that is probably what did it! So I say, "Did what??" She explains..."You broke your vertebrae." OMG
Only me. Apparently when I fell...and for those who don't know the story...when Davis was 5 we bought a slip-n-slide and I was trying to show Davis there was nothing to be scared of so I went down first. Only the joke was on me because...obviously I was sheltered and never taught how to use one of these as a kid...I tried to go down standing up and as soon as my feet hit...I fell hard on my butt and then slammed my head on the ground. It nearly knocked me out...Duffer thought I was unconscious!
So when I had that fall I broke my vertebrae but not completely across or it would have punctured my spinal cord causing severe pain notifying me immediately. So with the kind of accident I had, the effects don't appear until 5-10 years later. It has been 5 years now. Me taking these fitness classes...the kickboxing in particular and doing planks...has put a lot of pressure on my back therefore aggravating it and causing me pain.
So today she aligned my back and using ultrasound and I have to go twice a week for now. She is going to give me some exercises to do for my abs and back but other than that...NO EXERCISING. When I grabbed my purse as I was leaving...yes my new purse...she asked me how much it weighed and said I couldn't be carrying anything heavy!!!! Oh dear am I going to struggle with this!!!
I just vacuumed the entire house...I vacuum over the hardwood and tile twice a week because I think it is quicker than sweeping...and I must say I am now dying!!!! Hopefully I will be straightened out soon...literally!! :o)









3 comments:
Good Grief! You have the worst luck! I hope you feel better soon,and Davis too...I sure am glad u didn't vaccum at my house the other night-it could have made your back worse instead of giving you strep! Will b praying for you.Call me if you need me to do anything for you-especially vacuum...I am good at that! Love u!
Do you want me to be sympathic now? or continue to horse laugh like earlier? Just wondering...
I so remember that like it was yesterday it's hard to believe that was 5 years ago!!! Only you!!!! but I love you...so I guess I could run a vaccum or something, dust! I hate laundry..can you get another friend to do that? hehehe!
I am sorry you are dealing with all this!!!
Post a Comment