After much arguing I convinced Rylee to only drink Pedialyte and eat some Wheat Thins to make sure they stayed down and when they did I caved and gave her a bowl of ice cream. Thankfully it remained in her little body!!! She thought she was big stuff because I let her ride up front in the car when we went to pick the boys up "just in case".
The boys still rode the bus to daycare which was really odd because if you remember no one was there because every child had gotten sick the day before.
So that evening we summed up the experience to food poisoning since no one else got sick. We still ate light because you just never know...so when it came time to eat....Jett refused to eat saying his tummy hurt. We didn't make much of it since this happens often if they don't want to eat what is served. He was given the choice to eat or go to bed and he came to eat of course but didn't eat much.
Finally the boys went to bed at 7:30 as usual, Duffer hit the shower and Rylee and I headed downstairs to watch TV. Jett did his usual anxiety ritual by crying and yelling...this has been going on for about a month now.
I was watching my recorded shows and a little boy on the show screamed loudly and Rylee mimicked him so I sent her upstairs to apologize to the boys in case she scared them. Two minutes later I heard Jett crying again so I ran up there...turns out Rylee didn't apologize she only peeked around the door and scared the daylights out of them....that little turkey!!! Jett had started screaming for Duffer and he had come running out of the shower soaking wet and Jett was saying he had left him! It was pitiful but comical at the same time!
So we get everyone calmed down, Rylee and I go back downstairs and then Davis comes to top of the stairs and yells "MOM! Come quick! Jett just puked!!! Daddy barely made it with the trash can in time!"
I go up there thinking there is this huge mess...since Jett was on the top bunk...but nope....Duffer was awesome and made it from our room to the bathroom to get the trash can and got to the boys room just in time! So here we go again...
So needless to say, Davis went to school the next day (Friday) and Rylee went back to daycare but I stayed home with Jett.
On Friday, Jett did just like Rylee, bouncing off the walls like he wasn't even sick!! He only got sick twice the night before unlike poor Rylee who got sick about 15 times. IF this was a virus it was one I have never seen before and the only one I have never seen not go through all of us!!
So Jett and I hung out...he played video games....I did laundry and did some work that had to get submitted by Friday. Then I had my chiropractor appointment so Jett got to go with me to that also. He didn't know quite what to think about it...thank goodness I didn't get adjusted or he would have flipped out! Davis went with me one time and his eyes were as big as saucers when he heard my neck crack!! LOL
This was my first appointment in over a year so I had to get more x-rays to find out what is wrong with my back. Just to fill you in...when I was going before...it was to try to help my migraines....now I am going because of the severe lower back pain I have been having for the past 3-4 months due to working out. I starting taking these fitness classes at work during lunch and certain things I did such as planks, back exercises on the stability ball...they all made my back hurt so bad that now everyday things like vacuuming and laundry severely aggravate it.
Anyway, I got my x-rays taken and she felt around and said she could tell that just by touching my lower back and feeling how tight it was that something was wrong with it. Then she had me raise my legs (laying on my back) and said that someone as small as me and young as me should be way more flexible and should not be as tight (my muscles that is) as me.
Okay this is where I start to panic. When I first starting going to her my first x-rays showed I have a curve in my spine. Very few people know this but my aunt...the one I lived with when I lived in Hawaii...was very sick from her 30s until she died at age 50. She had a muscular disease where she had a curve in her spine. Her muscles would stiffen and she would have spasms and trust me when I say it was really bad! Can anybody see the similarities and see why I am worried???? Oh and the other thing???? It's genetic!
My dad says I have nothing to worry about but I am still freaking out. I go back to the chiropractor on Wednesday and will know what the x-rays say then. I will mention this history to her. I usually don't mention it because it is such a rare disease that most people have never even heard of it. Okay enough sad stuff....
Saturday we had Upward...which Duffer missed due to a job he is working on...it is not fun dealing with 3 small kids solo either!! Jett did well at his game. He only score 2 points but still played very well.
Davis' game was unexplainable. They had this amazon kid on their team who was the most un-Christlike kid ever. He fouled out in the first half and would have been thrown out if they'd had someone to sub for him but they didn't so he continued to play rough against our boys. He would run into Davis and Davis would go flying on the ground about 2 feet! Then Davis would be running and he would step in his path causing Davis to just halt and the guy would even act like Davis had touched him. It was ridiculous. Davis spent most of the game on the floor. It was hard to watch. Our guys played so good. They were ahead in the beginning, then got behind by 20 pts, then closed the gap by 4 points but then lost by something like 12???
The highlight of the Upward games was when my friend Jayme's daughter Allie let me pull her loose tooth. Even though I used to work in a dentist office it was the first tooth I pulled and it was awesome!!! (Davis has never let me pull his).
The kids ended up staying with Nani after Davis' game...Alexis played...so my Grandma and I could go to Linda's Mary Kay party. They watched Alexis play and them came back home.
So that's what has been going on..not much...we haven't done anything due to everyone being sick. Allison and Don were supposed to come over on Saturday but with the kids sick we cancelled. Hopefully we can reschedule that again soon!!
The highlight of my weekend was getting our gas hooked up again. As we speak the kids and I are downstairs by the fire watching movies! LOVE it!!! We didn't go to church because we don't go when Duffer isn't with us. It stresses me out to the max to get them all ready. They don't listen to me well, and I hate going places my myself anyway...yes I know I have issues but I can't help it. It stressed me majorly to go to Upward yesterday by myself...my grandma met me there so I wasn't totally by myself! ;)









1 comment:
I hope everyone is still feeling well!
Post a Comment