So what's been going on...well too much to tell really. Duffer and I both are getting super depressed and aggravated about this house. The bank has told us for over a week now that they would have a definite answer for us but then each day they come back with requests for more information. And I am talking lame requests...not legitimate ones. For example...they called one day needing to know what we had written a $34 check for...are you kidding me???? They also asked about several other small payments like that and Duffer had to write the bank a letter for each one of the payments...keep in mind how Duffer is...he was super sarcastic when explaining "This is for my son to eat lunch at school" and "This is for my son to have books from the book club". It is just insane....and on top of that our realtor said that the government isn't giving money out to FHA anymore for loans and that is what we are getting...so will we get it or not?!?!? Who knows. Obviously we won't be moving next weekend like we had hoped. So that is why I haven't updated much about the house...not much to update.
Another depressing factor is that I am normally getting ready to decorate for Christmas...we always decorate the weekend before Thanksgiving because we always have both of our families over at Thanksgiving. Obviously neither one of those are happening since we have no clue what is going on with the house. I did change my blog to a Christmasy theme...that made me feel a little better...and I made this background...remember I got aggravated when making them before??
One thing I am proud about is that my Christmas cards are complete. I will order them this weekend...as soon as I figure out how many to order. I showed them to a couple of my friends at work...the ones I don't normally send photo cards to...and they loved them so I think I did well...although I thought I did well last year and then hated them when they arrived. Of course when you receive yours in the mail, don't be too impressed since I always copy from someone else...remember I was over looked when creativity was handed out. ;) I actually got my "idea" from an email I received selling the most awesome cards ever!!! There were so many I liked it took forever to decide but I finally picked one out and "copied" the layout...still making from scratch of course. What on earth did I do before I had PhotoShop??? Was there life before computers????
Despite having no money from paying for all this home purchasing ordeal we have done really well planning for Christmas. Naturally we are scaling down this year...because I think we all get too carried away with spending money and not really focusing on what Christmas is really about. We have had all our Christmas money saved for over a month now...thanks to Duffer (remember he took over the bill paying because my ADHD keeps me from remembering to do stuff...haha). We are going on the 5th and 6th...not sure why Duffer selected those days but he did...to do all the shopping...together...which is a first for us too. I always do all the shopping online and he always gets mad because he wasn't included. For once I won't be waiting until the last minute.
The boys just received their 2nd progress reports for the school year. Jett is still doing good but did get marked off for behavior and wanting to goof off. His teacher said he is very respectful when asked to stop though. Davis had a major improvement...we switched his ADD medication if you recall...and he is even getting notes sent home from his math teacher saying how much better he is doing (his struggle in math is why we made him quit football). I was so proud of both of them! I don't need to worry about their report cards because they will be good.
I will have a lot more to blog about in the upcoming weeks so I won't be such a stranger. My mom and her husband are coming to visit from Texas for 5 days after Thanksgiving. Then after they leave, the boys begin Upward basketball at our church.
I need to quit "playing" on here and get busy. I need to finish editing my co-worker/friend's son's pictures I took for her...supposed to have them ready by Monday...yikes...and I need to start laundry and clean the house tonight....I need to tonight because tomorrow I am going to a holiday banquet at church and then Duffer and I are going to a wedding tomorrow night with my co-workers (taking my camera so I will have pictures later). It's sad because I have been here all day...since 11 anyway...and not gotten one thing accomplished. In my defense though, with all this stress I have literally had a migraine everyday! I had one this morning, took my meds, they wore off and the migraine came back but I haven't taken anything else because I only have one pill left and can't get them refilled yet...story of my life!!!









4 comments:
Been wondering where you were. Those banks are frustrating. We had similar stress with the last house we bought. We, too, felt like we were being jerked around a bit. This year, I'm pulling a Nicole... I told Bruce I want the tree up the week before T-Day. Same reasons you stated... just too busy with family over the holiday to do it then. I need to do our Christmas cards... I took the picture... now I have Bruce watching Photoshop tutorials so he can doctor it however he wants. He's more into that than I am. But he better get a move on... because I am chomping at the bit to get those babies ordered! Did I mention he has strep right now? Three weeks in a row someone in our house has been sick. Sorry for the long comment, but I feel out of touch with you after your absence. Never do that again! I may write a book if you do. :-)
Iam so LOVIN the new background!!!! IM JEALOUS!!! and I love the new header...IM SO JEALOUS!!
Your so creative, what have I told you about saying you are not!!!!! It kills me, cause look your site, is perfect example!
Tanja...if you need help with PhotoShop I will tell you what I know...keep in mind it isn't much. There are some great websites that have "how-tos" though and I can send you though too!
Tell me when you get your tree up and I will come and stare at it in sheer jealousy! ;)
***********************
Thanks Allison...as always you are way too kind. You need to get your background more seasonal...yell at me if you need help!
Nicole, you and Tanja are both on the ball with your cards!!! I am impressed...I told James the other day...I may not do cards this year....=) at least not picture cards...Gotta change it up a little...We will see, I guess....Cute header....
Post a Comment