Duffer and I have moved so much in the past year that we didn't update our voters registrations cards...well Duffer did more than me. We both still have the house we lived in when we were in Cooks Valley on our driver's licenses so Duffer was told to vote at Trader's Village. Normally I assumed I did too.
Duffer left work early to go so I waited until he voted successfully and then realized it was the correct location. I left work and picked up kids, came home and fed us some yummy spaghetti that my Grandma made, cleaned it all up and waited on Duffer to get home. Today was his first day working out in the gym at work. Eastman has about 5 or 6 gyms located in the plant that employees use for free and so do their spouses.
When he got home, I headed out...earlier than I planned too...at 6:30...which was a good thing! I went to Trader's Village but they didn't have my name in their big black book. :o( After a phone call to the registration folks, I learned I was still registered in Hawkins County. Duffer was always registered in Sullivan County...he never did switch it when we lived beside my dad.
So...off I drive across town to the Armoury where I voted before. I go in and try to explain and they look for my name....no Nicole Wallen found. So I asked them to look up my maiden name...but their was only one Creasy and that was my dad. I was stumped! I knew I was registered and I had voted in the last election.
Then it hit me...I asked them to look up one more name...Nicole Carter...and there I was!!!! Apparently...I never updated my voter's registration card when Duffer and I got married so I was still under my name where I was married to Davis' dad.
They had me fill out my sheet...call me silly but I had to ask them which name they wanted...the lady told me even though I probably didn't want to do it I had to sign Nicole Carter in order for my vote to count.
In the end I suppose it doesn't matter how I was registered...at least I got to vote. Funny thing is in neither location did I have to stand in line like I thought I would. I really liked getting the "I voted" sticker that I can take to Krispy Kreme for a red, white and blue doughnut or to Starbucks for a coffee...is there really a choice there????
Now I guess it's to the bed to stay up as late as I can to see who our next president will be...









3 comments:
I am laughing as I read this..You are hilarious!! But I love you!! Did you get the free coffee? or doughnut? I wondered if that was true....
Nope Cassie I didn't go get my doughnut or coffee last night...then I wondered when I got home if that was only good for last night???? Oh well...it probably was only for Election Day so now all I have a pretty red, white and blue sticker. LOL
SUCH A GOOBER....LOL ;)
Post a Comment