Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Fun Filled Halloween

We had a very busy Halloween Day. Duffer took the day off but I had to go in and work for a couple of hours since my vacation is gone already! Duffer met me at work and we headed to Blountville to meet Jett's learning center for their first field trip this year. They went to Appalachian Caverns which was just created in 1991. I went to a field trip to a cavern when I was in elementary school but it must have been to Bristol Caverns.

Here was Jett after he got off the bus and saw us waiting for him! The learning center went through the cave in 4 groups and we were the 2nd group so we waited in the store for our turn to go in. Here is Jett and me...

...and then Daddy and Jett...

Time to go in. The funny thing was they also have haunted tours so there were many scary props set up but it didn't even phase the kids.

This was one of the props...



This was our tour guide...forgot his name now...but he was funny.

Check out this little bat we saw...you can click on the picture and view bigger...it was called a Virginia Brown Bat or something like that. We saw 3 total.

More Halloween props...

Jett had the same curiosity as me...I had just told Duffer I wanted to peek underneath and then I go to take a picture of it and realized Jett was peeking too!



Jett's teacher, Mrs. Begley took this of us. She is relying on me to send her all my pictures (I took a ton that would seem pretty boring if you aren't interested in all the cave stuff) so she can do some things in the classroom with them.

Look at Duffer....I think he was the most interested out of everyone there.

Jett and Daddy

These two rattlesnake skins were recently found in the cave...makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about going in, huh???

Jett, Louie, and Dominque eating a snack at the picnic tables outside the cavern.

Duffer playing with the boys.

Duffer is always a child magnet!

We passed this guy on the way out on the little country road.

So Jett headed back to school, Duffer ran off to do some errands, and I headed to meet my grandma and shop some more.

After shopping I came home and rested for about 30 minutes then headed out to pick up the boys from school and Rylee from daycare. We came straight home and got costumes on and headed out.

Look at this little rascal...can you tell what a handful she is???

Rylee was a ladybug...this was the only time of the night she kept her "wings" on.

The view from behind...

Showing off her spider ring...

Davis was upset that we didn't buy him a costume but I told him to dress up in his football stuff. He did have his own money and I gave him the option of buying a costume with "his" money but he didn't want a costume that badly.



Jett decided about 3 days ago that he wanted to be the Green Goblin instead of the black Spiderman but it was a little late.

Doing his Spiderman pose....

First stop...Grandma's house....Rylee was her usual quirky self!



Finally got a good shot!

Grandma and Jett...

Davis and Grandma...


You can't tell because Davis took the picture at the wrong angle...but I was sitting on Grandma's lap like the kids were!

Davis wanted to redo it but I spared Grandma and didn't sit on her lap again. LOL

Next stop...Pop and Nani's...

We were trying to get all the kids together but Duffer is in it too because Rylee was being fussy...Jett got a little fussy here.

Alexis didn't have her costume on yet but doesn't she look cute in her new glasses??

Every year I get pictures of them all together on Halloween. Next year we'll be neighbors and get to trick or treat in that neighborhood (which we have always done except for the past 2 years).

Last stop before going to trick-or-treat...Papaw's and Vanessa's.

Poor Jett was feeling really bad by this point and wouldn't get out of the car...Vanessa stayed with him so I could go visit my dad.

My dad's goats have gotten HUGE since I last saw them...he thinks the female is pregnant! Those are his two labs in the background. Last weekend, Whiskey - Davis' dog, had to be put to sleep because of kidney failure. My dad got him when Davis was 1 years old.

My dad and Rylee petting Faith...Vanessa's dog. We didn't get to see Ryan because he was at his papaw's hunting...Rylee was sad. :o(
Jett finally came down but he just kept crying and crying so we knew he felt bad!
When we finally got to Cindy's an hour late, we missed eating pizza so grabbed a slice on the go. Everyone was loading into the trailers...here is Rylee...she and I were both tired by this point.
Jett and Duffer stayed at Cindy's and watched a movie after we dosed him up with Tylenol. Cindy followed behind the trailer with Cooper trying to get her some more exercise in...she does an hour a day on the treadmill!
We had a huge clan going to each door. Poor Rylee fell down about 3 times so my back is killing me today from carrying her so much.


The older boys were on this small trailer pulled by Tyler's dad on his four wheeler. The smaller kids were on a bigger trailer pulled by Bo in his truck.



I came back to find Duffer and Jett watching a scary Halloween movie (Jett's favorite).

It was a long night after a long day. When we pulled into the driveway we remembered we had to go all the way back to Cooks Valley to get Duffer's vehicle that we'd left at his dads. We crashed when we got home.

Duffer and I were both up most of the night because Jett's fever got up to 103! Plus Duffer was working on Davis' matchbox car for the Awana Grand Prix race that I am leaving for in a minute.

Today we have taken it easy (not Duffer...he's been working at his dad's all day running electricity to an outdoor building). Jett seemed to get over his fever...he only got a little warm in the middle of the day.

We went to watch the Championship game between the Lynxes and Chargers. It was another intense game. The game ended scoreless, and then after 2 overtimes, Lynn Garden won! We were happy for them but I felt bad for the Chargers because we have a lot of friends on that team too.

Nene also came to visit the kids to give their Halloween treats to them. We were going to visit her last night too but she and Maynard went to a movie.

Sorry for such a long post but it has been busy the last couple days!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww....They Looked so cute in their Costumes!!!! I hate jett was feeling so bad....

Lot's of Fun...We actually had 4 treak-or-treaters...luckily Susan had Candy....I didn't oops! after all who does that in a campground?
Kids...duh!

Anonymous said...

I meant to tell you...The 1st pic of Rylee in her costume...She looks like the "Bride of Chuckey" with the face she is making or Chuckey...which was the face usually before he killed something...

Don says I watch TOO MANY Scary Movies...

Nicole said...

Geez...thanks Allison!!! LOL Rylee does have some mean looks though!!!

Anonymous said...

Well it does...Her face looks evil, even though we know she isn't, but really that's the face...

Anonymous said...

In that one picture, she looks like Chuckey..Just her facial expression..I will find a picture, and email it to you!