Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stress, stress and more stress

I have determined that my stress will not subside until the New Year and there isn't much I can do about that.

I was hoping for a smooth week but no such luck. After the kids broke my halogen stand up lamp into a kazillion pieces, the next day we had another debacle.

I don't dry any of my work clothes. So Monday morning as I am getting ready, still half asleep at 5am, I go downstairs to pick my best Gap khakis to wear. I didn't have time to iron...I rarely do this anyway...so I throw the pants in the dryer to "fluff".

You might need some history to get the full picture here. What was in the dryer was a load of jeans. When I transferred the jeans to the dryer I found about 8 crayons (BLUE). Yes I am one of those bad moms that doesn't check pockets even though last year at this exact time our washer tore up and we had to get a new one due to Davis leaving little rocks and gravel and JUNK in his! Hey no judgement here...I do work 40 hours a week and have 3 kids and there are only so many hours in a day to get things done.

So anyway I thought I removed all of the crayons. When I took my favorite khakis out to put on (after only 5 minutes!!) they were completely blue polka-dotted. I was livid!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell a little from this picture. After them soaking all day and then re-washing, most of it came out but not enough where I can wear them. :o(

On a different note, Jett is getting less tired in the evenings but still has his days. This is what he does...he falls asleep on the way home and I have to drag him inside (probably why I am having such bad back pain right now) and then he collapses on the stairs...

Pitiful isn't it????

So tonight I went shopping with my Grandma. We hit 3 stores and finally got me 3 pair of pants and 3 tops for work. Now I probably need to just wash these COMPLETELY separate from any kids clothes!!!! LOL

Tomorrow Duffer and I are both going on Jett's field trip to Appalachian Caverns so I will post pictures from that then. Then we are off to a big night of trick-or-treating with friends!!! We actually have a very busy weekend ahead of us so I will try to update a lot!

Pray for me...one of my friends at work asked me to take Senior pictures of her son this weekend. For those of you who know me, I get majorly nervous so pray it will go well. I am just doing this to help her. :o)

Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew about the pants, but was hopeful it would come out...My mom said to get a "Spray n Wash" Stain Stick, not the spray..put it on there, and re-wash and it will come out...she said it takes out anything even if it has been dried, rewashed, and dried again!

You will do GREAT on the PICTURES!!Have some confidence in yourself...From Ameature's to Professionals...They have to begin somewhere...and as many as you have took you defiantly are not an ameature!!!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the idea...I will try the stick...maybe I can salvage them!!!

Tanja said...

I'm with Allison... you'll do great pictures. Just wanted to encourage you.