Once again this birthday party was crazy hectic because I am the world's
worst procrastinator. One of these days I will get tired of hearing Duffer fuss at me for not planning ahead and I will stop doing this.
I didn't go buy Rylee's presents until Saturday morning. This is also when I bought the plates and stuff. Then I came home and cleaned the house. It was a very quick cleaning and I didn't even get the entire house but after everyone left, I was glad I hadn't. Why do we clean for parties only to have to clean again once they leave??
Davis had a ballgame at 2 but had to be there at 1 so Duffer and he left early...this also gave me extra time. I jumped in the shower with 30 minutes to spare until Jayme picked us up...her husband, Tommy, was working so Jett and Rylee and me rode with her and her girls. When she got there my hair was still wet and I had to put my shoes on in the car!
It was a boring game...they played Daniel Boone...and the game ended at still 0-0 so it went into overtime and we won. I say it was boring because I don't know these boys that play and Davis didn't get to play at all. This is the first team he has ever been on that he didn't play at all. Next year we are thinking about doing the summer football league only and then our fall will be more relaxed.
Duffer brought the kids home while Jayme, me and her girls headed to Sam's to pick up my cake and buy some drinks.
Then we came back to my house to unload it all, Jayme took all of my kids (plus her two) back to her house so we could finish getting it all ready (what a great friend, huh?!?!?!) and then Duffer ran to pick up the pizzas.
We got everything finished and had time to spare!
Here is Rylee's cake...I was very pleased.

No one knew this was Jason Castro though.

The guests started to arrive...Cassie, Jayme, Ashley, Tracie and Syndee.

Pop

Ian and Davis...I forgot to put in Davis' contacts so his eye is turning in a bit from his lazy eye...look at Pop in the background!

Jayme

Rylee was tearing up the cheese balls!

When Jai arrived, he and Rylee started goofing off as they always do.

Holly

James and Cassie

I got made fun of after this picture (Jayme was helping me take pictures BTW) because I was talking and stopped to pose and then kept on talking...without realizing I even did so.

Cassie and me

Rylee attacking my grandma...

Not sure what Blake was doing...they were playing downstairs.

Tommy turning Cade into Superman.

Allie and Jennifer

Tracie and Sydnee

Poor Jarrett wore his football gear because Davis "said" he'd have his on...Davis knew better because Duffer had told him he had to shower and change.

I struggled getting the candles in the cake through the fonduant??? Who knows if that is spelled correct...I kept forgetting how to say it and calling it crazy things. I really like this picture because of the HUGE tub of cheese balls I found at Sam's.

Rylee got tickled when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her...she even sang to herself!


Silly girl!

She finally got to blow out her own candles...she always blows out the boys for them!

We had a time trying to figure out how to separate the layers of the cake...the bottom was chocolate and caramel and the top was raspberry and white chocolate.

Maynard and Linda

Holly and Jai

This had a funny story behind it so I had to post...Cassie wanted to fill her water bottle up from the fridge. So I pointed to where she needed to fill it up. She asked if it would make a mess and I said I didn't know but she could clean it up if it did (jokingly of course). Somehow Duffer overhead us and pointed out that I was getting ready to have her put ice in the bottle and not water...water was on the opposite side....right here he is saying...."see that is why they put this water drop on here".

Well I didn't know because I will only drink bottled water (I am very picky). Cassie was teasing me here because she thought I told her that on purpose to watch her make a mess...too bad I hadn't thought of that...hahahaha because it would have been funny!

So now Cassie is pointing to me that there is even a little spout under the water sign so you can fill up bottles easily. Somehow I am always the butt of the joke....hee hee hee. Good thing I have a sense of humor. ;)

Daddy and Rylee...on to opening gifts.

Rylee got lots of cool stuff...

Holly and Jennifer

I was trying to keep the kids settled..you know how they always want to help open everything and stand up to where no one else could see...they get so excited. I was also handing Rylee her presents and trying to take the ones she opened until she started taking them to Tommy. Look how sad Jett was...he has a hard time understanding why Davis and Rylee get so many things close together and his birthday was ages ago...to him anyway (it was in May).

Macey and Allie

Rylee sitting in her new chair from Nene...she is constantly falling out of this thing! She has fallen 5 times tonight alone!!! I think it is the hard wood flooring.

See how Tommy is piled up with the gifts? He is the expert though already having 2 girls go through this stage.

I thought this was cute...a "dress up" cheerleading outfit that looks like Allie's Chargers cheerleading outfit. It may have to double as a Halloween costume and then I only have to worry about 2 more!

Duffer got Rylee this tricycle and she loved it but was hesitant at first to ride in front of everyone...and there was no way she was taking off the shoes!

Trying to get a picture with the little sour puss but she was having no part of it.

So I have to settle for this one. :o) Thank you Jayme and Cassie for helping me take pictures. I didn't get any video this year of Davis' or Rylee's parties because my dad usual helps me and he missed both parties.

Duffer hated these shoes because they were big but they were Rylee's favorite shoes...and probably the cheapest gift!! (I can say that because I bought them).

After everyone left...all the big kids had fun with Rylee's gifts too...especially my boys!

Playing with the Potty Training Baby Alive doll.

Ashley

Jett

It was a very long day but it was fun...now that it is over for another whole year! Thank you so much to all of you that came to show my little Rylee how much you care.
Sorry it took me a while to get this posted...I have been working on it for two days but I have had a sinus headache for three days. I love when fall starts to roll in but my allergies hate this time of year!
Duffer took Jett out tonight to buy him a Bible (we laid out of football because I didn't feel well) and he brought me flowers home to make me feel better. Wasn't that sweet?? :o)
4 comments:
That was very sweet!!! It made me smile...the part about the flowers...
I loved looking at the pictures of your party...Little Miss Rylee is a special little lady, and I am so glad she had a wonderful birthday!!
The fridge pics are funny...they made me laugh...
Loved spending time with you guys this weekend...We had a great time!!! Love you!
That cake is HYSTERICAL!!! What a fun party that she will never forget!
Loved the post~
I thought it looked like Jason Castro, it was cute..As long as Rylee liked it..She's so precious..Glad y'all had a great time, Sorry we missed we're out of town, and won't be back till friday..The WiFi here sucks..so I've not been online alot...
Loved the pics.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rylee!!
Post a Comment