I can't remember if I blogged this or not but the house that was at the top of our list sold a couple days ago...boo hoo hoo! So today we started back at zero.
Both us of liked the same houses which is very good. Our favorite was one near daycare with a pool!!! It needs a few cosmetic upgrades but had new appliances. We were told it is an Eastman corporate home (which means they bought it for an employee who relocated) and if that is the case since both me and my realtor work at Eastman, we should get a good deal.
The second favorite was in Cooks Valley. It was in a cul de sac, but very nice. Downfall...the 4th bedroom was in the lowest level...3 stories down from the other three. I know that Davis would never sleep that far away from us.
The third was in Cooks Valley also and it was an older home but completely remodeled. The downfall was that it was the smallest we looked at of all the homes.
After those there were two more maybes....one in Preston Forest and one in Preston Hills. Both were older but big homes that would need quite a bit of updating on the inside...like appliances, paint, flooring, bathrooms and kitchens. On the plus side all the houses we looked at today had four bedrooms...although we had to move up to higher price range.
How on earth do people make decisions to buy a house??? Even our favorite house has a very steep driveway and no backyard. (Honestly almost every house we looked at had terrible yards). The ones that we liked on the outside, needed major renovating on the inside. The ones I liked had had animals inside...which makes them a definite no. My allergies are so bad that I would have to gut up all flooring in a house and redo...something we aren't willing to do. In fact, there were several of the houses that ended up being immediate NOs even though we really liked them for either the inside animal smell or them being older homes and you could smell mold. I ended up with a migraine and was sneezing my head off after 5 minutes of being inside them!!!
We are going to give our realtor our favorites so we can look at them again and double check that we haven't overlooked any others we may want to see. Then we will make an offer on one. I am stressing because our last favorite got sold from underneath us and I don't want it to happen again. :o(









2 comments:
It will all work out the way it's suppose to! Just think One MORE move! This better be y'alls last move! hahaha! Take your time, and get what you want..after all it's your money your spending!
Did I tell ya, Im lov'in the new background, I believe it's one of the prettiest I'VE SEEN! Im jealous I want one!!!
Post a Comment