Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Oldest and Dearest Friend

I know it has taken me forever to get this posted. We were home none yesterday and been lazy today so this is the first I have been on my computer in a couple days...which is very good for me! I get way too addicted to being on here at times.

Thursday evening when we got home, we went to visit my oldest and dearest friend, Lisa and her family. Her parents have a house on the lake in Gray and that is where we went. I used to spend many days there in my middle school days. Lisa and her dad taught me to ski. They also taught me how to play softball when I played on her dad's team. They worked with me forever practicing...I was so scared of the ball in outfield...so then they switched me to catcher...which was cool because Lisa pitched. It was so fun back then.

Lisa's mom and dad were there...they were always like second parents to me as much as Lisa and I used to be together. Lisa's mom even said it was just yesterday when Lisa and I were kids running around there and now between the two of us we had five kids running around!

We went on a boat ride...rather chilly already...but the kids loved it!!! Then we just sat around talking about the "old days". Here are some pictures I took...

Miss Rylee giving me an attitude about posing...what else is new??


Finally cheesing for me...for 3 days now she has insisted on wearing a bandaid over her large bruise!

Here is Lisa's newest addition...Nathan Chase. He was born in April and he is such a cutie. For some reason he took to Duffer and when he would talk to him, Nathan just cackled!
Duffer chillin on the boat ride. I just noticed I didn't take any of Eric, Lisa's husband. Oops!



Abby and Rylee...Abby was so shy so it took her a minute to warm up to us. But then she was fascinated by Rylee's long hair and just followed her and rubbed her hair. It was so cute. (Hey you can see Eric in the background!)
Jett and Davis chillin...can you see the ring around Jett's mouth? He has been licking his lips so badly they are chapped with that ring all the way around them!
Here is Miss Abby Grace...she was born a month after Rylee. I almost named Rylee...Rylee Grace...and changed when I found out Lisa was using it too. She had a better reason...it was her Grandma's name. :o) Love the chubby little cheeks!

Davis driving the boat...he did this two years ago (the last time we visited them when they came in) and that is all he talked about on the way up there.
Jett's turn to drive...with some assistance from Daddy...notice he is looking down? He did that the entire time he drove...hope he gets over that habit before he turns 16!



Here is Davis pouting because the others took turns driving.
Rylee's turn...good multitasking...driving and posing. Does Duffer look thrilled?? He was ready to go home.
Here is our tradition pose. All four girls...just like we did two years ago.
Speaking of two years ago...here is the last time we were together. Boo hoo...look at those babies how small they were. Lisa and me together...in 2008.


Here is a trip down memory lane...I spared the middle school pictures...they were too embarrassing although Lisa found a bunch and showed them to us Thursday night...they were good for some laughs!

This was us at my Grandma's house when we were sophomores in high school. My Grandma was taking our pictures...we were having a photo shoot I guess because I have a ton of us from that day just different poses. (Speaking of my Grandma, she turns 80 on Thursday!!!)



Here is Summer, me and Lisa at Summer's house. We were getting ready to go to South for our high school graduation...June 4, 1993. Right after graduation, Lisa and I headed out with our then boyfriends to Myrtle Beach for Senior Beach week.



Lisa and I at my first race in Bristol. This was the year I stuffed the ballot box at work where I bartended and won 2 suite tickets and 2 grandstand tickets. We sold the grandstand tickets and kept the suite and parking passes. Lisa was with her boyfriend at the time and I was with Davis' dad.



Lisa and I have been through almost everything together. She is my only friend that I went to school with from Kindergarten through high school...we both moved from Washington County schools to Sullivan County schools our 9th grade year.

We didn't become friends until 6th grade when our parents introduced us to each other. We stayed friends through out school and then went on to room together in college at ETSU. After our first year though, Lisa stayed and I quit. I started moving around and living the college life...just didn't care for the school part.

After I moved back here, got married, had Davis then I went back to college and finished my degree. I was on the 10 year plan. Right after that...Lisa and her now hubby, moved to Myrtle Beach to live and have been there ever since. We have both been married for the same amount of time...almost...she just celebrated her 7th anniversary this month and we will celebrate ours in 8 months.

Lisa, I SO wished you lived here again. I wish our kids could grow up together like we did. Duffer and I were just talking about vacations tonight and we may have to plan to go to Myrtle Beach next year just so we can get together. The last time we came there and hung out with you guys was in 2004!!! It is just crazy how fast time flies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so good! My how you both have changed from High School! I loved all the pictures! You had on the same color of shirt this year as you did 2 years ago, Did you notice that, or do that one purpose?

Nicole said...

Allison, I noticed that about the shirt but didn't plan it. I just wonder if it was the same shirt...I actually think it was! Too funny...

Anonymous said...

hahaha, im so lovin it...I wish you would take your hair back to the 90's I loved it!!!! It ROCKS!!!

Nicole said...

So you like it curly??? If you only knew how hard it was to get it to look like that! My hair doesn't hold curl well at all!!

Stephanie said...

Love the old pictures on the blog!
I love Lisa too! It has been years since I talked to her. Please tell her hi!!! from me.
Do you ever talk to Summer?


Fun post.