Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little of this and that ~UPDATED W/ PIX

Here is a rundown of the past few days…sorry I got behind. Not a whole lot has gone on but here are the highlights.

Friday was a busy day. After work my grandma and I went to the consignment sale at the Civic Auditorium. I didn’t expect to find anything since I was there 4 hours after it opened. (Last year I got to shop early because I sold clothes…$400 worth and only got $125 because they keep 60% so I didn’t waste my time this year.) I did get about 15 outfits for Rylee…never can find stuff for the boys.

This Saturday they are having a sale at the boys’ school…age 2T and up…so I am going to that also. Maybe I will have better luck but in all honesty the boys don’t need much. After what all my grandma bought both them to start school and Davis gets a lot of Ian’s hand-me-downs (plus he got some of Hunter’s last year that he is still wearing) and Jett gets Davis’…they are pretty well set.

So after the sale we went to eat lunch at Nick’s. I didn’t feel well afterwards…so when I took Grandma home I napped for 30 minutes before going to pick up the kids.

That evening there was no Chargers football practice which meant that we could go to the Cowboys final practice. They practiced in shorts and helmets for a short while and then played their traditional 2 hand touch football with the parents. I didn’t play because (1) I had Rylee (Duffer was at his papaw’s funeral in Morristown), and (2) because I was doing Cindy’s College Algebra homework…what a good friend I am!!!

On Saturday I was lounging after breakfast when I received a phone call from Nicki that Chargers weigh ins were at 10am…it was 10:03…so I freaked!!! Her husband, Daniel, is the coach and said Davis didn’t weigh in they wouldn’t let him play. I called Jennifer and told her because she didn’t know either!! We both made it there at the same time and weren’t late at all.

We got them weighed in and headed home…my boys threw a fit because they wanted to go home with Jennifer and her boys but I wouldn’t let them because they had their Championship game in a few hours.

I tried to clean and do laundry but I did more refereeing and yelling than anything else. I was so frustrated by the time it was time to go that I said we were skipping Jett’s game. I made them sit on the couch for one hour…no TV, no playing, no nothing!!! They had given me a headache and I was over it.

When Duffer got home we headed to the game. We got there 30 minutes before our game started and the game before us was only in the 1st quarter!!! That was good in a way because I took pictures of my friend’s kids who missed picture day. Our game didn’t end up starting until 8pm!

Davis’ team won so they finished the year undefeated and also won the Championship. The varsity lost the Championship game but came in first for the season. We stayed for a tiny bit of the varsity game but there was so much drama going on (between parents and coaches) that it gave me a migraine and we came home and went to bed!

Sunday after church we had the tball party for Jett’s tball team. It was at Pizza Hut (very stressful I thought) but went OK. The whole team didn’t show up and I am sure that is because Duffer waited so long to have it.
I took some pictures of the game and party and will try to upload tonight.

One last thing…Rylee says some of the absolute cutest things!! Duffer dresses both Rylee and Jett in the mornings because I am running around packing lunches and putting in contacts and fixing hair…blah blah blah. This morning, she was taking her pullup off on her own (she is pretty much only sleeping in them now so hopefully they will be gone soon!!)…and she looked at me so seriously and said, “I peed just a little tiny bit in my pullup. Sorry, I’m sorry mom.” It was so adorable. She usually wakes up so happy and I love that since the boys’ are both (well actually all 3) are total grouchos!!!

Not sure how much updating I will do this week…so busy!!! We had football practice last night, scrimmage tonight, Awana on Wednesday, then I have a baby shower to go to while Duffer is taking the kids to the opening DB home game (we will just have to miss Chargers). No wonder I stay so tired.

I will try upload my pictures soon!! And here they are...

I thought this was the most absolute cutest picture of Bella and Rylee!!! It is so funny how Cindy and I do things the same...Bella NEVER wears her hair all up in pig tails but we just happened to fix both of their hair that way! They both had dolls they were playing with. They are really two peas in a pod!!

Grandma and Davis before his game....

So cute...Rylee did this on her own during the Star Spangled Banner...her hand is over her chest.

Davis is #27...before the game...

Check out me and Cooper...Cindy left him with me and just after this shot I sat down in my chair...Cooper dropped his passie so I leaned over to get it and being on the hill that we were, I almost flipped over baby and all!!! Duffer just stood behind me and said, "I don't think Cindy understood what she was doing leaving him in your care." Isn't the hair...his not mine...so cool???

Jett and Duffer playing football in their matching shirts. I let Jett dress himself...mistake...he has on swimming trunks and argyle church socks!!!

Cowboys cheerleaders...Cindy's oldest daughter Keagan is in the back pyramid and my friend, Amy, is spotting the middle pyramid.

How cute is Bella...and to think she used to not smile for me??? Love the blue and white fingernail polish...way to support the team!!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your too Busy! Im off for the next 3 days, and I plan on doing NOTHING! except cleaning & laundry..and whatever crosses my mind...Have you ever heard the saying "Having the life of rylee"..old sayin..meaning the laid back, good life!

Nicole said...

No I have never heard that saying...does it really have Rylee's name in it?? Sorry maybe I am having a "blonde" moment.

Trust me..I KNOW we are too busy even with only one sport going on now. Duffer has pretty much said he's tired of running around so I have to do it all on my own! :O(

~cassie~ said...

So sorry for you busy busy schedules.....I completely understand....We are slowly getting ready for it to hit...Cade's first football practice is tonight...Macey's soccer starts Sat...Dance starts the next week...then Ian's football the next....Which will put us at some practice field all over the city...during the course of a week....I think I will truly sit back and enjoy the next few days....Love you...

Anonymous said...

YEs, it's an old saying " The Life of Rylee" meaning "The Good Life" ...That's what we always say about our dogs..."They have the Life of Rylee"