Happy Birthday Davis!
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Davis...
Happy Birthday to you!
I absolutely cannot believe that my oldest child has hit double digits!!! It is so sad...for me anyway...it is never sad for a child...seems like all you want to do as a kid is grow up and as an adult you just want to be younger. Ironic, isn't it???
Davis stayed with his dad last night so he didn't come home today until right before his birthday get together. I woke up at 5am with the bright idea that I would get everything done before church, go to church and then come home and get ready for party. It didn't exactly go like planned.
I finally got up at 6am, took a shower but then laid back down. I have had the worst stomach cramps all day long...doesn't this always fall on us women at the worst times ever?!?!?! So after laying on a heating pad for another hour and a half, I woke up Duffer and the other two kids and got them ready for church.
Duffer took them to Sunday school while I made the Wally World trip for food...was supposed to go last night but Duffer didn't get back from his dad's until a little bit late and I got lazy and didn't want to get back out by that point.
So after Wal*Mart...in between laying down on my heating pad off and on...I fixed the food (just a cheese dip and cocktail weenies and drinks and chips), finished some last minute cleaning and got ready.
Duffer picked up Davis from his dad's and picked up his cookie for me. I took a ton of pictures...200 to be exact...but I will post them in the morning (my stomach is still killing me). Here is a very brief trip down memory lane of the past 10 years for my little boy.
For Davis to be so little now...he sure was a chunk as a baby! This was on New Year's Eve...1998...so he was about 4 months old. This was when we lived in an apartment in Colonial Heights.
Here are Davis and me in 2000 so he was about 2 1/2. He was under the weather. We lived in the apartments in Allandale that we just moved out of 4 months ago.
Here is Davis when he was 3 in 2000 right after I moved in the house beside my dad where we lived for 7 years.
This was Duffer and Davis at Big Pop's house (he died a couple years ago). This was the 2nd Thanksgiving Duffer and I had been together...we didn't spend the first one together...we started dating in November and that was a bit too soon to spend the holidays with the family...hahaha.
Davis and Jett...he was 5 here...the year Jett was born...2003.

Sorry I skipped a few years here but I was struggling with the photo albums in the storage closet and finally gave up. This was our first family vacation to Myrtle Beach in 2004. Davis was getting ready to turn 6 at the end of the summer.

Davis and Jett at Hilton Head last summer...2007.
Davis sure has had an eventful 10 years. He has had to go through his father and me divorcing, us living with my grandma, then us living on our own just the two of us, then Duffer joining our family, then Jett, then Rylee...plus he has two younger brothers at his dad's house also (ages 5 and 1). His dad isn't a big part of his life and I know that is hard to deal with.
He was a perfect baby and never gave me an ounce of trouble until school and then of course they learn all the things we don't want them to. Around 2nd grade we experienced the ADD issues and had to see a shrink and get tested to find out that he did indeed have ADD and was put on medication. We have had many ordeals with him wearing glasses and then contacts and I will be so happy the day he can put them in himself...which this is just a matter of me making him learn...and yes I need to do that.
Davis is a great kid who just needs a bit more self eesteem and I wish he wasn't as shy as he is but I can definiately relate. I can only imagine what the next 8 years will bring and even though I know those are the hardest for even the best kids, I am looking forward to each and every day!!!
Davis is very lucky to have such a big family who care for him. He also has wonderful friends that I know I would never have to worry about (obviously I am not talking about some in his class...LOL).
He is very intelligent (his TCAP scores from last year were mostly in the Advanced and the 2 sections that weren't were only 2-6 points under it) and we just need to get him to put the effort into his school work and push him to his fullest potential. He is very athletic and while he may never be the best player on the team he certainly isn't the worst either (just a little lazy...hee hee...but that can always be corrected also).
The next few years will be interesting as we watch and see what kind of man he will grow up to be. We love him very much and will see to it that he stays on the right path with love and guidance from those around him.









2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVIS! We look forward to seeing many great things from you! Brian, Amy, Sydney and Ethan
Happy Birthday Davis! Gosh he was so little when we became friends..and was scared to death of BUGS! Im sure he has gotten over that fear!
Post a Comment