Monday, September 1, 2008

Davis' Birthday Get-together

So as I mentioned before this was a rough day for me anyway...Davis' birthday and get-together. I hurt so badly that except for when everyone was at my house I laid on the couch on a heating pad. Most of our friends and family came out to show Davis how much they care and we had a good time.

Here is Jayme with Allie and Macey.

Tommy and Jett (my boys absolutely LOVE Tommy!). Rylee...caught in the act of sitting on the table...was playing with Ashley.
Mr. James
Tommy and Michael...look what Tommy has all over his face.
Holly and her son Jairus
Ashley and Macey
Blake, Jett and Cade

Davis, Ian and Jarrett
Davis was trying to bunny ears on Ian but Ian was too slick.
Ian and Blake

Jayme took these next few for me...Davis and his cookie. This was a re-enactment because Duffer was fighting me for the lighter saying it was too dangerous for me to do!
And you see who won...HAHAHA!

Blowing out the candles.

Jett and Rylee...they were trying to blow out the candles themselves...and they succeeded in blowing out half of them.

Duffer cutting the cookie...I did let him do that...haha.

Jennifer and Allie
My in laws...Linda (Duffer's mom), Robin (Duffer's step mom), Duffer (Duffer's dad), and Maynard (Duffer's step dad)
Jimmy, Holly and me
Opening gifts...he racked up in money and gift cards!

Rylee kept squeezing Jai's cheeks!



Davis liked his gifts...I have yet to take a picture of his room with his Cowboys bedding and desk and computer.


Duffer

Robin, Linda and Duffer


Maynard


Alexis showed up about half way through...she had been at her dad's.
The kids were very wild in the den downstairs. There were several boo-boos so we decided to take it outside!

But after getting a group photo...Jai had already left but I think everyone else is in it. (Check out how crooked my pictures are hanging on the walls...that gives you an idea of what had been going on!).



Davis pulled EVERYONE around in this wagon. BTW Jennifer took these next few for me....I was still stuck inside doing something.


Macey
and Alexis...they ride the same bus and are in the same class this year.



Allie and Jarrett in the tree.


Cade
and Blake


Ian and Jarrett


Jett


Rylee
drinking Mt. Dew....not good!


They got 2 footballs stuck in the tree and I had to get a shot of James throwing another football trying to get them down. Several went over in the neighbor's yard.


small little tantrum but I thought the picture was too cute!


So James, Ian and Jayme all tried many times to get the ball unstuck from the tree with no luck. Then...just as he always does...Duffer came over and threw it one time and got it down! He probably should have played football in high school but he said he hated practice so he didn't!!


Jennifer and me...taken by Jarrett because Davis wouldn't leave the girls he was pulling in the wagon (Macey and Allie).


Jennifer, me, and Jayme....watching the kids play and yapping as we women do best.


This was so cute...Blake had gotten sap on him from climbing in the tree and Jett went inside, got a wet rag and cleaned it off of Blake!


Mommy and Davis...after the party and after Davis squirted me with a water gun!



Daddy and Davis


Davis with Jett and Rylee....Just look at how nasty they are from playing outside.


I came in and laid on the couch the rest of the night (was still feeling bad) while they played outside until 8 or so. Then Tommy and Jayme came and got Davis after church. The boys and Ashley were going to camp outside in a tent while Allie, Macey and Jayme had a girls' sleepover. Well, Jett threw a fit and wanted to go also so I bathed him and took him over around 9pm.

They stayed all day on Monday too, playing outside and swimming. They had a blast and didn't even want to come home!

Duffer finally picked them up (I laid on the couch all day again on Monday...watching many, many movies!) and took them to the Sunday school cookout. No pictures since I wasn't there. Duffer hates to drag the camera around.

More to come this weekend...another Chargers game on Saturday and Rylee's 3rd birthday and party that day also!!

3 comments:

AshNAlMom said...

TAKE YOUR PIL!!!!!!!!

Great pictures, we had a great time. Sorry we took off so quick. Tommy had a great time with the boys. He doesn't get to do that too often, but he loves it and loves those boys of yours (Rylee too). I ended up in the house alone since Allie and Macey decided to sleep in the tent too. No complaints here, I always enjoy my quiet time.
Oh by the way, TAKE YOUR PILL!!!!!

Nicole said...

I took it, I took it, I took it!! AND it is in my purse now! I am feeling better today...so far anyway...yahoo!!!!

Do you guys think you can help us Tuesday evening???? I would forever be indebted to you!!

~cassie~ said...

I hate I had to miss the party...Oh well, just another one of the things that comes with being a stupid night shift worker...I am so over it...It looks like my kids had a great time..and James too...=) I am on my 7th night shift in a row...last one...thank the Lord..I am not counting or anything...Love ya..Glad you are feeling better...