Monday, July 21, 2008

Swim Day

On Sunday we all felt extremely worn out from our busy week. I did especially since I was getting tired from doing day to day things from my neck pain. I laid around all morning...skipped church because I can't hold my head up for long periods of time...and Duffer slept until noon.

BTW, I got a return call from the neurologist around 5pm on Monday and he said the only thing I could do was to wear a neck brace!! That it happens sometimes with the Botox and that it can last from 2 days to 2 weeks...since I am on day 5 I must be stuck with the 2 weeks!!! Plus I got my bill from the FIRST injection ~that was smaller than the 2nd remember~ and I owe $245 on top of whatever the 2nd dosage costs!! I am thinking maybe I can deal with the migraines!!!!

So Scyler wasn't with us because she had went home with Duffer's mom after the fireworks. We "thought" she was going to be back to go with us because we knew we were swimming on Saturday night but instead Duffer's mom took her shopping to get some cabinets and she didn't make it until after 5pm...just as we were getting ready to leave. That is the reason there aren't many pictures of her. I felt really bad for Duffer since that was his only day off and the only chance he really got to spend with her...aside from the evenings which is usually full of games or practices. Oh well...

Even though I hurt I still agreed to go since Duffer was with me I knew he would handle the kids and I just laid on a float all day...the water actually helped my neck a lot. We swam at Holly's parents house along with Amanda (our old friend from Chop House), her husband Moses, and their daughter Marianna...and also Michelle (we knew her from years past also), her husband Jim, their son C.J., daughter Savannah and her friend....Holly's boyfriend, Jimmy and their son Jai....then her parents, Johnny and Patty.

Here is Holly....

Amanda and Marianna
Jett
Duffer was throwing Rylee up in the air...notice she has her bracelet in her hand and she never dropped it!

Daddy and Rylee
Mean ole Daddy was splashing her... :o(
The darker girl is Savannah and I don't remember her friends name but I have finally met someone whiter than Davis...Davis actually looked tan next to her!

Davis doing a flip off the diving board...

Davis...looking rather Ethipoian...haha...trust me we DO feed him!!!

Holly and her son, Jai
This is Patty...Holly's mom...LOVE her!!!

Jett being ever so cool with his shades on...

This is how Duffer was the majority of the day...I wasn't much help as even picking up Rylee hurt! He was very good about letting me lounge. :o)

My little surfer girl...that is what I thought she looked like because her hair is getting blonder and she is tanning so well being out in the sun so much here lately...who knows...maybe we will look like we went to the beach!!!

We were jamming to music...the kind I like...and Jai and Marianna started dancing up a storm.

Here is Marianna...so cute...Rylee thought about it but never actually would do it....

Holly took this picture of all of us...Friday I am going to do a little "photo shoot" of all the kids...it has been 5 years since I got them all together and of course Rylee didn't exist back then!

Duffer and me...you can see here how much weight I still need to lose...can't they make cute bathing suits flattering at all??? haha

Duffer and Rylee...again
Davis

My little baby...she is so cute I could squeeze her!!!

Scyler...she arrived in time to swim about 45 minutes. Duffer told her how sad he was that she had planned to swim with us and then didn't. :o( She said she didn't know we were swimming but we called as we were leaving so she could meet us so I am not sure what happened there...

Jett

Jai "boxing" with his Daddy
Jai...so adorable with his little ringlet curls...

It was a long day...swimming for 6 hours!! Rylee fell asleep on the way home, Jett fell asleep as soon as he sat down on the couch. After supper, Duffer went to bed (he had to work the next day) and Davis, Scyler and me watched The Sandlot...I didn't make it until the end because Rylee woke up and I took her on bed.





2 comments:

Tanja said...

Girl, whatever! You don't need to lose any more weight. You look great. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Those were so GOOD! and GirlFriend PLEASE...You are so small! I can't believe you think you need to loose weight..If I was 2x as big as you I would think I was skinny~You look great!!!!