Monday, July 21, 2008

Fun Fest Finale

I don't think I have ever done so much in one day as I did on Saturday!! As I mentioned in my previous post...Allie spent the night with us since we had Scyler.

Duffer worked all day but didn't go in until 8:30 or so...he wanted to go with us to the Breakfast with Balloons. We all got up at 5:30am...yes on a weekend day which is INSANE...and met the Clymens at McDonald's. We got our food to go and headed to the balloons. My co-worker, Judy, sat with us also (no pictures...had my camera but left my battery at home!!!). We were a little disappointed since they had fewer balloons than usual and they no longer race...you know the reason it is called a Balloon Rally?? Oh well...one balloon went up right in front of us and it started to lean towards us...for a moment I had that suffocating feeling of "What would we do if..."

Then we left...Duffer to work and the kids and me on home...left an hour later to go get Davis' football equipment for the Chargers. Practice begins a week from today and we will still have 2 weeks left with Lynn Garden...yikes!!!

Came back home and left again...another hour later...to go to Jarrett's birthday party....since we were both husbandless, Jayme and her girls rode with me. The movie was cute (the party was at the movie theatre)...Journey to the Center of the Earth (or something like that). Rylee did surprisingly well until about the last 30 minutes when she got restless.

After the party we came home and rested another hour...Duffer came home from work...and we left to go to the boys' football game (not happy about a game at 6pm on the final night of Fun Fest). To make matters worse...our game started an hour late! Then at half time when the freshman were playing...Ray-Ray got pulled down as he was running for a touchdown and he broke his ankle. It was bad because Duffer and I could see it turned sideways from the stands. It took FOREVER for the ambulance to get there. I work with Ray-Ray's dad and mom and Davis went to Borden with them last summer so I hated to see him get hurt. (So far -only one week of games- and there have been 3 broken bones and another injury!!) I talked to Ray-Ray's mom this morning and he had to stay in the hospital until last night and he is still in a lot of pain...so keep him in your prayers. Jett has been so sad this weekend that he was hurt.

We get to Fun Fest around 9pm...grab some food really quick and then watch the fireworks. It didn't feel like we were there longer than an hour!! Here are some pictures...Alexis and her friend Caitlin....

Jayme and Ashley
Tommy
Davis and me
Allie
Duffer

Tommy chillin...he was worn out from the week of activities like we all were...

The kids hardly watched the fireworks because they were busy making bracelets and necklaces from yarn...(and yes I am a bad mom...forgot the boys' change of clothes)...

The Fun Fest fireworks are SO much better than July 4th's!!

So finally our long day was over...and not a moment too soon!! My neck has been killing me since Friday evening...not sure what it is...maybe from the Botox??? It is hard to explain but like when I bend over, I can't hold my head up like it is just too heavy. It is very uncomfortable and as the day goes on even starts to hurt. I have a call into the doctor and they asked me what pharmacy I use so I am guessing it isn't fixable...they will just give me something to get me through it. On the plus side...no migraines since my treatment on Monday!!!





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

As you know our Saturday was busy too. We were tired...we decided at the last minute to go out on Stone Drive and watch the Funfest fireworks...just because Jarrett and Blake wanted to....we didn't even attempt to come down there where you guys were. I knew it would be a madhouse!!!
Glad you guys had fun.

Hope your neck is feeling better.

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes!! =-)