Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Midweek Update

On Monday, Davis began Basketball Camp at our church. He goes Monday - Thursday from 9-12 so we don't get to sleep in too much. We have been coming back home in between drop off and pick up times and just lounging. I have been doing laundry and cleaning although I don't get much done since I can't bend over much (from my neck).

After we picked Davis up on Monday, we headed to Holly's mom's again to swim. Holly brought her son, Jai, and her friend's daughter, Asha. The kids had fun...while I again just laid on a float trying to get my neck better...but then it began to thunder. It sounded really distant but 5 minutes later it was L-O-U-D. We thought about waiting it out but decided not too since it was after 3 already...we were only staying until 4 since the boys had football practice and they needed to rest before it.

I only took a few pictures...here are Asha, Rylee, Jai and Holly checking out this little dog that was trying to get in the fence....



Jett



Scyler and Davis took a break from getting their diving sticks to smile for me....



Asha...she has gotten so big...I can remember when she was only 4 coming over to Holly's to swim!



We headed home and I made spaghetti and we ate and then Jett fell asleep (Rylee had fallen asleep on the way home). Jett slept through his entire football practice and Coach Bo told him that he owed him $100 for it...haha.

Scyler, Rylee and I stayed home and went out for ice cream. When the boys got home Scyler and I ran to Blockbuster and rented a movie and got some candy...yummy! We all watched Penelope and it was a cute movie.

Tuesday was the same....camp and then we headed to the pool. We were going to go to another one of my friend's house but Scyler wanted to go where Allie was so we went to Warrior's. We were only there maybe 1 1/2 hours and they closed the pool due to water maintenance issues...can you believe that??? So we went back to Allie's house so they could swim there.

We couldn't stay long again because the boys had a game at 6. We ate a snack then headed to the game...Duffer met us there...both boys played great...Davis had a couple really good tackles and Jett held his own when the biggest boy they had (bigger than Davis) plowed over him!!! If that boy was a 7-year-old then I am a Grandma!!! We won though...12-8...yay!!

We stayed for a little bit of the Varsity game and talked to Cindy and the Foreman's...Ray-Ray was there in his wheelchair and ankle to hip cast...so pitiful!!! He ended up having surgery because he broke his ankle, his chin bone (can't remember if that is the femur???) and dislocated his ankle. Thankfully no pins were needed.

Around half time it began to lightning so we got out of there. Driving home we hit the storm and it was pretty bad...all 4 kids were scared but I tried to them we would be safe at home shortly...and we were. Davis kept saying "I don't know how you can see Mom, I can't see anything!!!" I told him it was a good thing I knew the way...wink, wink.

We came home and I made hot dogs for supper, then the kids watched TV but I fell asleep. I was so exhausted from the pain in my neck and I laid down on the couch on a heating pad...the next thing I knew I woke up at 3:30am...I was on the couch and Davis was on the love seat.

BTW...I know this play by play of our lives this week is rather boring to most of you...but I had promised Scyler's mom that I would keep it updated with info and pictures for her to keep up with all that Scyler is doing. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet, keeping everything updated for Skyler's Mommy! You can only imagine if Davis was gone for a month, or how about Rylee??? It's good that Skyler is having so much fun!

Nicole said...

Well, thank you Allison. First of all...as little as Davis' dad sees him I would DIE if he was gone for a month. The longest he has been gone in over a year is one night at a time!

I think Scyler is having fun...or at least I hope she is...she has had her moments that aren't too fun...where she isn't used to a little brother and sister driving her crazy but that is our life...sometimes they all get along and sometimes they don't! :o)

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's a big adjustment to being the only one, to sharing with 2 brothers and a sister...Well we grew up by ourselves..so you can imagine...