Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mid-week Update

I am trying to keep everything updated this week in hopes to not get behind…might be hard with SO much going on.

Monday evening Jett was invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese from his buddy, Blake. I let Jett “lay out” of football practice…this of course made Davis want to also but we didn’t allow that. Duffer and Davis went to football while Rylee, Jett and I went to the party. I had called Jayme to see if she wanted to ride together but she was staying home with her daughter Allie…who hasn’t been feeling well. She volunteered her hubby so we rode with Tommy and Ashley. What’s funny is no one understands how Duffer is…they all think he gets jealous and he rarely ever does. I was on the phone with Jayme and she told me to make sure that Duffer was OK with me riding with Tommy…I couldn’t even finished the sentence and he was waving me off like he could care less. I tried to tell her that he wouldn't mind. ;) Anyway we knew it would stir up comments at the party…us riding together that is…and who knows Sunday at church we may be the new rumor…because that’s what people like to do…oh well…no biggie.

Chuck E. Cheese totally stresses me out every time I go…which is why we don't go often!! We were there for almost THREE hours. The kids had a blast and that is all that matters. Jennifer (Blake’s momma) stressed me a bit when she asked me to take photos with her camera…haha…we know it doesn’t take much to stress me but I didn’t know how her camera worked and was scared that I would mess them up. You can check her blog to see the pictures…I took the ones of Blake and his cake and of Rylee. Not too shabby for an amateur. ;) I was happy to help too. I know (maybe) better than anyone what it feels like to have all kinds of party/holiday/special event pictures of everyone in the family but myself! One day my kids are gonna ask “Did Mom ever go with us to do all the stuff we did??”

Another embarrassing moment during the party...I know I have so many...was when I was playing the basketball game where you see how many hoops you can shoot in a limited time. Well, I didn't do that bad scoring like 18 or so...I never shoot so I was a little rusty (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it). BUT as I was shooting, my lovely "friend" James yells rather loudly to everyone in the whole place, "Hey everyone, look at Nicole!!" If I had not had to finish the game I would have laid right down there and died!!! I hate attention and when he did that, the sweat started pooring...haha....I did, however, pause from my intense game to throw him a punch...haha! Paybacks, James, paybacks. ;) Love ya, James!!

So it was a late night…getting in around 10pm…which is hard on us since I get up at 4:30 and the kids and Duffer get up at 5am!!

Tuesday was no different though. After work we had to rush for the kids’ first football game…Duffer even took off an hour early to help…with me driving 15 minutes away from my house to daycare to get Jett and Rylee, then back to Colonial Heights to Jayme’s house (she so graciously helped me by watching Davis because my grandma had a commitment that day) and then home with about 10 minutes to get all three kids dressed and out the door. We were told by the coach if we weren’t there by 5:30 (game started at 6) they wouldn’t get to play. We made it at 5:32…not too bad if you ask me (we had to drive 25 minutes across town to get to the game in 5:00 traffic).

The boys played awesome. Jett is on the freshman team and they changed the rules from last year. Last year the freshmen played the 1st quarter (with the points counting) and then again at halftime (points not counting). This year they only play at halftime due to a couple of really good players (7 year olds) from last year that scored a LOT. My friend’s son, Ethan, just happened to be one of those boys…he is awesome in every sport he plays!! (Yes, Amy I am talking about E.)

So Jett didn’t play Quarterback any due to missing practice on Monday…he was totally fine with that. According to him, he would rather not be quarterback because they get tackled too much. LOL After all he is only 5! I got some really great pictures of him tackling which I will update tonight.

Davis did get to play Quarterback some and I got some pictures of him too…I took 282 pictures!!! I was taking pictures for 5 other moms plus myself which was 14 kids total that I took pictures of. Man I need to find a way to get money from this…I am referring to taking pictures from the sidelines and not the portrait setting. But since I am such a nice gal {wink, wink} I will keep helping my friends out because I love doing it!

Rylee cheered for the first time and maybe lasted all of about 30 minutes before she got bored and just wanted to play…but she sure looked CUTE!! I got my Cheerleading Mom shirt last night so at Saturday’s game we will match. {smile} I will be sure to get some photos. The Cowboys won 18-0...woohoo...last year we were undefeated and won the Championship and I am hoping for another year like that!

After the game we rushed to the Clymens’ house for a cookout that began 2 hours earlier!!! I hate when we have conflicts because we always miss out. But better late than never right?? Jayme fixed a TON of food and we ate and the kids did their usual thing over there…jump on trampoline, swim, ride scooters and play basketball. No wonder they want to “live” over there…haha. We stayed until about 10:30 and Davis went home with Jarrett to spend the night and spend the day today with him. (I can’t wait to hear about their day…Jennifer said they planned to go to a nursing home and play bingo with elderly people!)

By the time I ran Davis’ clothes to him and got back home it was 11:15 and I still had to make a dessert to take to work for one of my very good friends, Mollee. Today is her birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mollee!!! We (a group of 6 of us girls that all go out on each other’s birthday) took Mollee to lunch yesterday and gave her a gift certificate for a pedicure and then several of us brought in goodies for her to eat all day today.

So after getting in bed at 12:30am (and trust me when I say I need WAY more than 4 hours sleep each night!!!) I was struggling this morning. We have more Fun Fest activities going on tonight so I will try to update about that on Thursday and will upload some pictures from the game tonight.


****************************************************

So here are the pix I promised:
Rylee cheering...so cute!!!
She showed her fair share of silliness as usual!
Before the team is announced, the cheerleaders line up so the players can run through them and through the Star. Rylee is the second from the right.
She was copying everything the big girls did...
I love how they put their names on the back of their shirts. They also have a piece of duck tape on the ground with their names so they know where to stand.

Here is Davis playing quarterback...he is #27...
...getting ready to hand off the ball (sorry I know NOTHING about football to explain this stuff!!)
Handing off to Mack...an awesome ball player!!
Jett waiting...slightly patiently...for his turn to play.
...getting restless...
Rylee was over the cheering at this point and went up to the shade to visit Daddy and Grandma.
Davis making an awesome tackle!!
Jett's turn to play...he and Davis are pretty easy to find...they are one of the few players who wear the tall thick socks in 90 degree weather!!! I try to tell them not to but what does Mom know???
Jett getting tackled.
Jett held his own this time around...
...still hanging on...

Cheesing for mom....
Davis making another great tackle...

Doesn't she act prissy as ever???

I think Rylee and Bella look so much alike!!

Can you see the meaness coming out in her?? I was telling her it was time to go and you can see how much she listened to me!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't make it back from mowing before you left for the parade! We can go anytime Ill be on nights starting tomorrow, so just let me know what your schedule is...and we'll go!