Here are just a few words about 2 of my very good friends...
Cassie's birthday is today. I met Cassie when her husband, James, coached Davis in his first year of tball at age 5. We absolutely loved them! We started talking about them and they asked us to go to their church so we tried it...and have been going there ever since. Those of you that remember Duffer and me 5 years ago know how wild we were and us getting back into church was a blessing.
Cassie and I both have 3 kids so we stay extremely busy but we still try to get together when we can and when we do its just like we were still spending every day together. She has always been there for me and I am very thankful to her for that!
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE!!! I hope you have a fantabulous day!!!
Here is a picture from just a couple of weekends ago at our boys' baseball tournament.
And then there is Gina...who I work with. I have known Gina for about 3 years from coming to this building to see my other good friend, Mollee, all the time. We also worked on some projects together so I knew her but not well. What I do remember is that she was always SO NICE to me!!
Then I took Mollee's old job and came over here to work right beside Gina. She helped me so much when I first started...and really still helps me constantly but never complains doing so. (I didn't go into detail about Mollee yesterday but she has helped me more than anyone here at work...Mollee is a great friend also!!)
Gina keeps me sane at work...we both get so stressed and we will just go for a walk or go to the bathroom and vent. :O) We also go to lunch at least a couple times a week and try to exercise together. Now that I live in Colonial Heights...we live close to each other too!! We have become really good friends.
Gina is at the beach this week and I have been so lonely at work. Mollee is here but stays covered up. Here are some pictures of Gina and me from last week when we celebrated her birthday at work (and trashed her office)...heeheehee
The first one Gina put confetti on her face....so is always cracking me up doing something!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA!!!
So while Duffer and Davis did the ball thing, I had Rylee, Scyler and Jett and we went and picked up Jayme and her daughter, Ashley. (Tommy and Allie stayed home because Allie has been running a fever.) We headed downtown to Fun Fest for some food and the movie on the Big Outdoor screen. It was very crowded but we found a good spot (right behind Davis' teacher from primary).
Duffer and Davis made it just as the movie (Horton Hears a Who) was starting as did the Fox family and the Rudd family. The Foxes and the Rudd's only stayed about 30 minutes and decided to go back to their house and watch a movie that they could actually hear it. :O( The rest of us stayed since the kids were having a good time running around playing. We didn't see any of the movie but we still had a great time and I saw about 20 people I knew...that is what I love about FF is that you see a lot of people you don't normally run into.
So it was another late night...I took the Clymen girls home while Duffer took Scyler back to Pop's. Scyler was so disappointed that Allie didn't get to go. I think she will be staying with us this weekend and next week and I told her all the fun stuff we had planned that Allie will get to do with us...stayed tuned for a busy week...we are Fun Festing Friday and Saturday nights, have more birthday parties, more days at the lake, lots of swimming days, a large group picnic, more ball games, basketball camp, and much more!!! Can I do much more in one week??? :o)
Oh yeah and one more thing...we got our letter and now know who Jett's teacher will be...Mrs. Begley...which means he didn't get Davis' teacher...boohoo...and he isn't in Keagan's class (Cindy's daughter) but they are still in the same learning center (as Keagan and the one Davis was in just like I requested) so we are happy! We saw Mrs. Meade (Davis' primary teacher) last night and I warned her that Jett was a spit-fire! ;) I am ordering Jett's backpack and lunch box so it is beginning to become very real that he is going to school...yikes!! Another week and we have our back to school night and buy school supplies....:o(









4 comments:
Thank you so much for the Birthday blog post...It means a lot to me...You are a great friend to me too..and I am so glad we have the friendship that we do....We may not get to spend much time together..but we sure to have fun when we do!!! I took a couple of pics last night at the baseball thing...a team pic, and a crazy one of the team..will email them to you later....Love you...and thanks again...
haha, those are great pics...I as well are one of those, who can't stand FunFest, but as long as you have a good time, that's all that matters...but Im glad tomorrow night is the last night of it! WooHoo!!!! hahaha...Well try to go tomorrow to get a purse...
Saturday night is the last night silly!
Can't go tomorrow...maybe one day next week...I am off work all week...yahoo!!!
Cool! I called her back and told her it would be next week which was fine...Man ya'll have a busy week, but it's your week off, so enjoy & have fun! Ill be off Tues,Weds, & thurs...Thank Goodness!
Post a Comment