So I ran home and got all of our swim suits, towels, sunscreen...you know the necessities. On my way to daycare though I had to make a pit stop and buy swimmies for Rylee, goggles for the boys, and pullups since we were all out. This put me a little behind getting us to the pool at almost 1pm.
We went to Warriors...hadn't been there since Davis was 1 since the kiddie pool caved in...so the kiddie pool is relocated to the opposite side it used to be on. Plus they removed the diving boards...what fun is a pool with no diving boards?? For the kids anyway??? It was still nice though...we met 5 other girls from my church and all of their kiddos so the kids had a great time playing with all their friends. It was H-O-T!! We got a little burned but nothing that didn't soak in the next day.
We left around 4 and just as I thought...Jett and Rylee fell asleep on the way home. I ran through Mickey D's for some food and then went on home to get ready. I had to be at church by 6 and we didn't get home until 4:30 so I was pushing it. Duffer went straight from work to church so I was on my own.
I had to get Jett and Rylee dressed in their sleep and we ran out the door with my hair still damp. I got to church...I flew as fast as I could go...at 5 minutes until 6. I still had to fix Rylee's hair! The drive there, all 3 of us kept trying to wake up Rylee but she was exhausted. She finally woke up but you will see in the pictures below that she isn't fully awake...reason there was not much personality from her during her performance.
A lot of our family came to watch the kids...my dad, Vanessa, her son Ryan, my Grandma, my SIL - Katheryn and her daughter Alexis.
They started the show out with our puppets...LOVE these...they glow under black lights and they sing and dance...the youth and their parents are behind them doing it all. They played a song they have a lot and I just figured out who sang it...it was Diving In by Stephen Curtis Chapman (unfortunately I didn't know who he was until his daughter's recent accident but I had heard his songs a lot).
You can see Jett got a bit burned today...they really don't like sunscreen on their faces so it is a struggle getting it on and I obviously didn't put enough.
After this age group got done...2 year olds, 3 year olds and 4 year olds...then they brought the puppets back before the Kindergarten through 5th grade started.


This was why there aren't many pictures of Davis..he is in the back row to the left between the blonde headed boy and the very tall girl in blue. He was right behind Chelsea who is taller than Davis so you couldn't see him. They are in rows by their grade...his is in back due to being oldest, 4th and 5th...then 3rd...and so on...it's funny how the younger kids are so much bigger than Davis. I hope he hits a growth spurt this summer....especially since football is getting ready to start!!
I did manage to get one shot when he moved around to read the words...we have just put a new flat screen tv at the back of the church and they can display the words on it. My kids had to miss 2 nights of VBS due to ballgames so they did very well considering.
Here is our youth pastor, Kurt. He and his family are really nice from what I know of them. They haven't quite been here a year yet...I think. I can't wait until Davis gets in the youth. They went somewhere every night of Bible school...can't remember all of places but went and worked at the Small Miracles horse stables, watched divers in a pool, went to a waterfall...and some other fun stuff!! Maybe I need to volunteer with the youth instead of the 3 year olds next year?!?!?!
Grandma and all the kids.

Here is a photo of all of us...minus Duffer who took the picture. From left: Ryan, me, Vanessa, Alexis, Rylee, Grandma, Daddy, Davis, Katheryn and Jett.
Last...a group photo with Duffer...he had to come straight from work and was in his work clothes so we stuck him in the back...ha ha ha.
So after the program Davis and Jett went to see Kung Fu Panda (or whatever its called) with Katheryn and Alexis. Duffer ran to Wally World and Rylee and I went home to rest. We were still pooped from swimming. Plus I had to get everything ready for Saturday...Davis played in a tournament on Saturday (and today) at Domtar with his friend Tucker's team, The Titans. I have to get Davis ready for another game today so I will post about the tournament tonight.










4 comments:
Nicole, I have no idea what that child of mine was doing. There just is no telling what he was thinking! And BTW, I hear they are looking for a new Sunday school teacher in the youth department for the girls. :-)
I love the photo's they are so GOOD! also, Im lovin your daddy's girlfriend..She's so pretty & ya'll look really close....Hopefully they will get married!
Hey....I love all your pictures of VBS!! I sent you the ones that I took...through the Kodak photogallery. Some of ours look EXACTLY alike! Funny...huh!
I hope your family enjoyed the program....I thought it went really well.
I think this years VBS was a HUGH success!!
I'm glad you and Duffer got to help us in the 3 year old class....it was alot of fun and you guys were a BIG help!!
HUGE Success Not HUGH Success.
I'm not sure what HUGH means.
Post a Comment