Sunday, June 8, 2008

Titans Debacle

I have never been so happy to see a weekend end!! First of all, it was way too hot to be at the baseball fields all day and not in a body of water!! Now I can handle any temperature if I am at the beach or pool and I can get in the water to cool off. I believe it got up to 97 degrees yesterday and we were at the fields from 9:30 - 5:30!

Like I mentioned in an earlier post this week, Davis was asked to play on his friend's team, the Titans. I knew this team wasn't good because the Pirates beat them a couple weekends ago at our tournament but allowing Davis to play, put him around all his baseball buddies for one last weekend...yes it is definitely over this time.

I had no idea where they would play Davis and when the first game started, he was on the bench. Two innings later he was put on 3rd base...Tucker came to the bench due to swimmers ear and not feeling well. Davis played 3rd some last year so that didn't worry me. Then he pitched a couple of innings...he do okay but not the greatest after all he hadn't pitched any for 3 weeks! The Titans lost to the Sluggers big time.

Here is Davis pitching...I know I have put a ton of his baseball pictures on here but this is a different team, different uniform, and different number so I just had to post more. ;-)

This team isn't as uniform as the others...you can see since they only gave Davis a shirt. The boys wore any pants they wanted, any hat, and any color socks...doesn't make for the best looking team if you ask me. We are used to having everything matching down to the ball bags and cleats!! Even the parents had matching shirts and hats!

At first it was a little miserable with Rylee wallering all over me in the hot sun but she and Jett finally found people to occupy them.


Tucker batting...Davis and Tucker go to school together and they also play on the Lynn Garden summer league together.

Our second game we played 8U Select...so Davis played against some of his former teammates from last year. Here is Ethan...he pitched the whole game...I think.

And here is Cory...look at him chewing on his dirty little hands! He did that all the time! ha ha

Davis is getting ready to be up to bat but I thought this picture was funny...you can see his old team under the blue tent beside him...they played Ian's team after us.

I could feel a little tension as Davis' old team arrived. Davis was playing 2nd base and his old coach, Chester, just stood by the fence and watched him for about 2 innings. I think he was trying to intimidate Davis. Davis did great though and even caught one out...he never plays 2nd so he was a little thrown off.

I liked this cool action shot...

...and then throwing to first.

This was the point he realized Chester was watching him...he always seems to keep his cool though.

His best friend, Noah, is on Ian's team. Here is Noah watching Davis bat. Rylee was VERY happy to see Noah. I asked him if he heard her screaming when we dropped him off last week and he giggled and said yes!

Noah and one of his teammates...don't know him...Noah is SUCH a cutie! His mom said that girls were calling his house at all hours last year so you can tell he is gonna be a heartbreaker! Noah and Davis haven't really gotten in to girls yet...thank goodness!!!

I didn't take many pictures other than these because I spent too much time talking...again...imagine that???

We watched part of Noah and Ian's game and then headed to Tucker's house to go swim. I had told the kids we would go swim when I thought we played back to back and thought we'd be done by 2 not at 5 like we were. But little kids do not let you forget anything!!

Jett did do the funniest thing in the pool. He was actually on the side leaning into the pool trying to get a toy...then he fell in (the deep part too) and did one of those cat like motions where you flip with limbs flying every which way but then land on your feet...Jett did that and somehow managed to grab onto the side of the pool so he never went under!!! It was amazing...I just sat there and didn't even attempt to get up watching him!!! He was pretty impressed with himself as well as he told Cindy, "I just fell into the deep end of the pool and I saved myself!!"

None of my kids had a nap but we swam until 7pm and then headed home. Tucker had swimmers ear and couldn't get in so I felt bad. I was so unbelievable exhausted I could barely hold my eyes open. We were going to meet the Clymens and go out on the boat (after Duffer finished mowing) but Duffer fell asleep...while taking a break of course...and still hasn't gotten the other half of the yard done. He is begging for a riding lawn mower right now.

Jett and Rylee passed out on the way home and slept until this morning. I laid on the couch (after taking a shower and getting my body dry for the first time all day) and didn't move until Duffer woke me up and told me to go to bed!

We had to play again today...at 11:45 so we had to be there at 11. Duffer left around 10:30 and took the kids and I cleaned the house super quickly and got to the game around noon. I just sat on the bleachers for 20 minutes and the back of my shorts were soaked. Disgusting!

They lost again...putting us out of the tournament much to my joy! You see if they would have won then we would have played again at 3:15 and that was not in my plans for the day so for the first time ever I was praying for a loss...selfish of me I know but it was too hot to be out there all day again. My shoulders are burnt and Jett's face is burnt. Luckily we got finished around 1:30.

Duffer took Jett and Rylee home while Davis and I went to the grocery store. My dad, Vanessa and Ryan were coming for supper so I had to get some food...seems like we have been living on pop tarts for a week now! ;-)

We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs, and I made baked beans (my secret ingredients make them awesome) and apple dumplings for dessert. It was really good. Then we went outside and played baseball some until I felt like I did the day before...ringing wet. We watched the end of the race and then they left. The kids have been playing outside since and it is almost time for baths and relaxation time...in other words TV time. We stay so busy that I only get to watch TV maybe 1 or 2 nights a week anymore. That used to be my wind down time every night but my busy summer schedule doesn't allow for it.

We have another busy week with baseball every night. We may skip Davis' Wednesday night game since we have been asked to do something with friends that night. Jett plays Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so let's hope it cools down some!! I also get my first round of Botox this Wednesday so pray that goes well as I am terrified!!! (This is for my migraines BTW and not for cosmetic purposes although I think it will do the same as if I were just getting it for that reason.)

Have a great week!!!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yuck! I bet you guys were just miserable out in those crazy hot temperatures!!! Luckily we didn't have any games this weekend.

That's great that Davis didn't let that coach intimidate him...if that's what he was trying to do.

Sounds like you guys enjoyed your supper with your Dad, Vanessa and Ryan. Those apple dumplings sound WONDERFUL!! I bet you guys are just loving having a yard to go out and play some ball in!!

I hope you guys played your game tonight. Jarrett did not. It started lightening after the 1st inning and they postponed it until tommorrow. Hopefully we can get it in.

AshNAlMom said...

I wasn't referring to Big Bertha teh Tube