One of the group leaders I work with has twin boys that also play in the same age group as Davis and today's game was against their team. I told Davis before the game that I was riding with Mike (the group leader just mentioned) and for him to play a really great game because I had bragged and bragged about what a good player he was. I guess it worked because here are the highlights:
· He got 3 home runs
· 6 outs at 1st base (he plays short stop and he got the ball and threw it to 1st for the out)
· Caught 1 popup for the out
· Got the ball and ran 4 runners out at 2nd
· 6 outs at 1st base (he plays short stop and he got the ball and threw it to 1st for the out)
· Caught 1 popup for the out
· Got the ball and ran 4 runners out at 2nd
So to sum it up he got 3 home runs and 11 outs! I think that is pretty good since they only played 5 innings and there are 15 outs in 5 innings and Davis got 11 of those (or at least assisted with the ones at 1st base….he got 5 outs completely solo). Woohoo! They beat an undefeated team 14-8 with only 5 players.
I give credit completely to his AWESOME coaches from last year! They taught him almost all he knows. James had a lot to do with what he knows too though since he coached him in one year of tball and one of pitching machine.
I was so incredibly proud of him today. I have never seen him do so well. If anything I am proud too hard on him because I know that he can play like he did today...EVERYDAY...and often he doesn't because he tends to be on the lazy side.
Ok I just had to share that...had that feeling I was going to burst inside if I didn't...ha ha ha. :o)









3 comments:
sounds like Davis had a great game today...wish I could have seen it!!!
That's soooo AWESOME Nicole!!!!
Tell Davis we said WAY TO GO!!!!
I know you are proud of him all the time, but isn't it the best thing in the world to see their face's light up when they have such an awesome game!
We missed you guys tonight at VBS!! See ya tomorrow =-)
GO DAVIS, GO DAVIS, GO DAVIS, GO DAVIS!
Post a Comment