Rylee on the boat...the reason for the red glow...the canopy was up over her from where she was asleep when we got there and Tommy put it up so the sun wouldn't blind her.
Davis wasn't thrilled with having to ride with Jett because he wanted to go fast...poor little Jett isn't a thrill seeker just yet.
Jett hopped out and Rylee and Allie got in...

This was an even shorter ride...as you can see both Allie and Davis telling Tommy to slow down...and you can see
Rylee crying. :o(
So all the little ones got their short slow rides and then Allie and Davis got down to business. Davis' white forehead cracks me up...it doesn't get any sun because of his long hair and the fact that he wears a ball hat a LOT.
This picture looks funny...were they getting worried as Tommy sped up???
Jayme and Ashley watching on the boat. Jayme and I had on the same bathing suit just different colors! LOL
Next ride...Tommy and Ashley...who as you can tell was a bit skiddish herself. Doesn't seem to phase Tommy as he gives the speed UP sign. :o) mean, mean daddy ;)

Tommy and Duffer are so much alike...it's almost scary...all about being cool and that "look at me" attitude. :o) ) I guess that's why we love them so much, Jayme....it just takes the attention away from us...and provides a lot of entertainment also!
hee hee
Davis on the boat...already wanting another turn.
Miss Allie
Jett and Rylee...you can see Rylee has her little arm around Jett...adorable!
Mr. Coolness himself...Duffer

Yep...Tommy was still going at it...

So Allie asked me to ride with her...which was great for me since I don't like to do anything alone. I must say this was "THE" roughest tube ride ever!!! I laughed the entire time but also held on for dear life....

...you can see the look of shock on Allie's face...she once said to me
"I think my dad is trying to kill us. He has never gone this fast with me on here!" Of course I just keep cracking up and do my best not to squish Allie because we were getting thrown all over the place!!

I thought this last one was cute! Allie is either waving to everyone on the boat or being a "drama queen" as we girls do best! Our ride ended when Tommy made our tube jump so high that my legs came up out of the tube above where my hands were holding the handles...as we came down, Allie bit her lip and thought she broke a tooth!! We were done...I had the worst headache from all that bouncing around...and let me tell you - I couldn't move the next day!!!
Jett gives it another go...all is well if Daddy is near...

Well, that is until you bust your chin on the tube! Shew...
Jett was done for the day.

Davis gladly took
Jett's place...I cannot believe how brave Davis has gotten. For someone who cried the entire line to the top of the Big Bear Plunge ride at Splash Country (a family friendly slow water ride) he certainly tried a lot of new things. My tube ride was far more rough than any ride at Splash Country...however I will not go down that humongous slide that drops
straight down.

They got pretty fast too...Davis enjoyed it though.

Ashley swimming in the lake...

We floated in the middle of the lake and let the kids jump in the water and play a bit...this was actually a potty break...
hee hee hee! I floated out in the tube to get some pictures of them jumping in.


Tommy was getting ready to dive in straight towards me...I think he was trying to scare me into thinking he would splash me!
Shamey,
Shamey...not nice. ;)


Jayme getting silly in the boat...Jayme - you don't have to thank me for putting this picture on here...I knew it would make your day...ha ha.

Miss
Rylee was all about Jayme and nothing about Mommy...this was actually her wanting in the boat where Tommy and I were but we were teaching the kids how to ski and going too fast for
Rylee's taste.

I was totally SHOCKED when Davis said he would try to ski!! Tommy had the cutest little kiddie skis that were tied together to learn on. I was in 8
th grade before I learned to ski so I was very proud of Davis for trying it so young. Duffer helped keep him steady before we took off...poor Duffer kept swimming out to Davis each time he fell and before we knew it he was out in the middle of the lake.

Davis did get up several times but couldn't stay up...I bet the next time he tries he will though!

Allie gave it a try...she had tried once before about 4 years ago and never got up...love this picture because you can see Duffer where he was helping her and how far away from shore he is...and also you can see the fear in poor little Allie's face.

This was the first time she got up and went about 10 feet...she did AWESOME!!!

Tommy and I were laughing at her cute little hunched position. She
skied a long way! Poor Duffer had to swim...yes I said swim...back to shore...he said he wanted to lose some weight and that sure is good exercise!!

Ashley tried a couple of times to ski but the skiis were too small for her feet. :o(

Here are the kids riding in the tube back to the dock as we left...Rylee was in the boat...we stayed until about 8:45 and it was getting a bit chilly for me. We had such a great time though!!

Thank you Tommy and Jayme for letting us some time with you again...we had a blast!!! I am so happy to live close to friends now and be able for our kids to get together with other kids. I feel like I have lived on another continent living down in Church Hill and now we are B-A-C-K!!
We went home and absolutely crashed!! Like I mentioned before I woke up sore and sick the next day...it is crazy how so many viruses and colds are still going around in June!! We need a really cold winter to wipe this stuff out...and all the bugs! I am starting to feel a little better...just in time for the weekend...yeehaw!
Tonight was Jett's last game with his Braves team...I didn't go but talked to Duffer and he said Jett had gotten 3 "put-outs" playing 2nd base. Yay! This Saturday they are having their Awards Banquet. We have one more week of tball for Jett's other team, the Marlins. We also have one more of Davis' Eastman league team (he did great today getting 3 home runs again!) and then they will have a week of tournament games to see who comes in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Football starts Monday and they practice Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for 3 weeks until the games begin. Fun, fun!!!
Davis and Jett both play football on Bo's (our good friend) team..the Cowboys...and we are usually in a float in the Fun Fest parade so if you go to the parade, be sure and look for us!! Rylee had a blast riding in it last year and she and Bella will be on there this year since they are gonna be cheerleading mascots. :o)
Duffer just got home with Jett and Rylee so it is bathtime, dinnertime...and my favorite...BEDTIME!!!! Hopefully I will have time to post again sooner than I have been...but I think you all know how busy summer time is with so many things going on!
3 comments:
We had a blast with you all too!!
I'm so glad you had your camera. Great pictures, I loved them all, well ALMOST all of them. :-)
Tell Duffer nest time I will help the kids in the water so I can get the exercise, that will leave him with the energy to show off like Tommy.
I will tow you in the tube next time, that way you will be able to function the next day and not be so sore.
Man...those pictures are GREAT!
I'm glad you guys had such a good time!!
Yeah for Davis getting up on those skis!! That was a big step for him. He is such a BRAVE SOUL now!
I hope the little racoon is ok too.
Poor little guy!
I am laughing out loud. Pregnant... or dying. Yep. Been there! Too doggone funny.
Maybe it had rabies. Racoons are supposed to be nocturnal, not sun seekers.
Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment