Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Hectic Weekend...Part I

We have been so busy that I have had no time to blog whatsoever. Friday after I got off work, I had a hair appointment and then we went to the pool with some friends. Duffer was off and he stayed and worked some more on the basement…which I am not really sure what he worked on but I know that now I can’t park in the garage anymore. :O(

That night we came home…Jarrett came home with Davis to spend the night…Davis was super excited since this was the first sleepover he has had in our new house. Davis was so excited that he got in trouble so much that we almost didn’t let Jarrett stay. He finally straightened up though. Blake (Jarrett’s little brother) was so upset that Jarrett was coming home with us and he wasn’t that we told the Foxes they could come watch a movie so that Blake and Jett could play together some.

The Clymens ended up coming as well so there were 8 kids total (their girls had a friend with them also). It got a little rowdy at times but they had fun. Jayme was a lifesaver getting Rylee to sleep for me…she had no nap since we had gone swimming…Jayme ran back home for some dominoes and Rylee was dying to go with her and so she did and fell asleep…YAY! She slept through all the kids’ noise and made it until morning…awesome!

When the Foxes left, Blake got upset again so we said he could stay all night with Jett since Davis had a friend over. Jarrett got a little upset that his brother was crashing his party but they all settled down. They all did very good.

On Saturday, Jett had a skills competition with his baseball team, the Braves, so Duffer took him on to that while I dropped Jarrett, Blake and Davis off at Jarrett’s house…Jarrett had a ballgame and Davis wanted to go with him. When I dropped them off, Rylee wanted to stay too!! Rylee is taking a liking to my friends and prefers them over me these days… :O(

So off I went to the skills competition with NO kids…talk about a weird feeling. So it started to pour just as they were giving the medals and awards away…each child got a baseball medal to wear around their neck. Jett and I got soaked going to the vehicle. I only got a few pictures since it started to rain and I had missed most of the competition since I got there late.

So we left the ball fields and headed to Blountville for a birthday party. Since it was pouring down raining I called Jennifer to see if I needed to pick up Rylee…they were at the ball game…Rylee said she wanted me too so I did…and also picked up Blake since he was going to have to miss the party. We headed to the movie theatre for Cade’s party, getting there just as they were going in to watch the movie. Rylee didn’t do too well so I took her out after 30 minutes or so…we took a drive as she screamed for Daddy…but soon was fast asleep. I then went and vacuumed my car that so badly needed it…got a complex after Blake got in it and said it was NASTY!!! Ha ha Nothing like a little honesty to get you motivated.

After the party I went home with Rylee…had a migraine from the stress of getting everywhere in such a rush all day…Duffer went to pick up Davis and took him and Jett and finally got them signed up for Lynn Garden football and got their equipment. They came home and we headed out to Bristol with friends for the Monster Truck event at Bristol Motor Speedway.

We weren’t sure they would do it in the rain but they did. We sat under the covered seats so it wasn’t bad and it actually cleared up and stopped raining about 30 minutes after it started. The kids enjoyed it and Davis even got to go sit with his dad for part of it…they went also but not with us.

Here are a "few" pictures from the Monster Truck Madness...Jett and Blake...Jett was still wet from walking in in the rain...

Allie and Ashley

Tommy and Jayme


Duffer and me



I am not sure what these boys were looking at but I thought it made for a cute picture...Mason, Blake and Jett


After the rain stopped this rainbow came out...it was prettier than this picture allows.

Tommy giving Rylee some assistance with her ear plugs...she went back and forth between Jennifer and Tommy all night...and she hasn't stopped talking about them since...she just sits in the backseat of the car naming off everyone!! Too cute!

This would make a mom have a heart attack! Davis had come and asked me if he could take a picture which I let him (usually prefer to let him taken them inside on carpet in case of an accident) but then I looked down the row and he was taking a picture with Jennifer's camera...which is newer than mine...{gasp!}

Jennifer among all the kiddos.

Miss Sydnee got tired again...I don't think she is quite the night owl that Rylee is...although I really wish Rylee went to bed early more often.

Rylee didn't want anything to do with Duffer or me...she hung out with Tracie and Jennifer the whole time.
Oh and with Tommy too...she kept eating ice out of his hand and cracking up!!
Davis coming down my way to beg for food...he wouldn't eat his supper on the way down there so it was no wonder he was hungry!

This was the Team FMX freestyle motocross team and I never could get my settings just right on my camera since it was dark and these were action photos...I still have a lot to learn because taking pictures in the dark is not my strong point.

Jennifer and I were taking pictures of each other taking pictures. You can check out her blog for more pictures from the night.

Michael so graciously provided us tickets {again} so we could enjoy another big night of fun...Thank you Michael!!

Rylee said the trucks hurt her ears...even when I uploaded the pictures on my computer at home, she saw the trucks and said, "They hurt my ears!"

I hope you can see what the guys are doing in these pictures...it is hard with all the people in the background but let me just say they are "Crazy"!! I don't mind if my boys grow up and ride motorcycles...after all I have been on one my entire life....but I do NOT want them doing stunts like this!!

On the way home, Rylee wouldn’t even ride with us…she wanted to be with the big girls (Allie and Ashley) and even thought she was going home with them…but they dropped her off. She threw a little fit but soon got over it.

Sunday was Father’s Day and we went to eat at Rafaelle’s after church and then headed to Warrior’s Park for a day at the lake. We had a great time even though I couldn’t move on Monday morning!!! I had a very rough tubing ride and every muscle in my neck and arms is sore. {This post was long enough without putting all those pictures from Sunday on here too so I will get it posted tomorrow.}

Throughout the day on Monday, I kept feeling worse and worse with my throat hurting until that evening I realized I must be getting sick. I dropped Jett off at his game…with Duffer…and headed back home to rest. I went on to bed early but felt worse on Tuesday. I did come to work…thanks to some DayQuil I took even though it expired in 2006…ha ha…and hopefully I will kick this soon because I don’t have time to be sick with ball games every day this week!!




9 comments:

~cassie~ said...

Glad you had a great weekend....I hate that you are feeling bad...Take it from a friend who knows...it is not any fun being sick in the summer!!! Hope you feel better soon...Love you girl!

Jennifer said...

Yes...this was a long post. I enjoyed reading it though :-). My posts are getting longer and longer too. I wait so long to do a detailed post...there's just too many things to write about!! I don't even come close to covering everything either!!!! Oh well.

Thanks for letting Blake stay Friday...he had a great time...so did Jarrett. You probably saved Blake a broken heart...he was going to be very sad without Bubby. He has missed him so bad this week while he is at camp. Although we have gotten him every evening so far for baseball practice. Blake and Jarrett sleep in the same room together and Blake really misses him a night :-(.

We enjoyed spending time with you guys again this weekend. It's nice to have you living so close!

Jennifer said...

Oh...and I hope you are feeling much better!!! It is NO FUN AT ALL being sick anytime, but ESPECIALLY during the Summer =-(
Take care of yourself!!!

AshNAlMom said...

Sorry about the rough ride. For some reason Tommy thinks that since he like to be hurt, everyone does too. That's why I haven't been on yet this year.
We had a great time with you all. It made me happy that Rylee actually wanted to go with me. You will need to get those breaks fixed soon, or I'll be taking my own car next time. I'm glad you are feeling better, I hope Jett feels better soon! Yikes!, It could be that lake water, my throat was sore the past 2 days. scary

AshNAlMom said...

If you had fixed those breaks sooner, that poor squirrel would have survived too ;-)

Anonymous said...

Im glad ya'll had a great weekend...Summer time is just fun to get out of the house, and be able to do stuff....and as far as our vacations...Your so funny! We have not been on more this year then you have in the past 4 years! We still have another time to PF, Myrtle Beach & Savannah...well camp 4 more times that I know off...before October...It's not expensive to camp...or Glamp as some call it....I don't think we camp.......

Nicole said...

See Allison...you HAVE been on more than me just this year alone!! We went to Myrte Beach in 2004, nowhere in 2005, Gulf Shores in 2006 and then HHI in 2007. This year we aren't going anywhere either since we have moved so much. {tear}

Anonymous said...

Oh I see what ya mean...but look @ this way...We have been camping 4 times this year...still not spending what 1 of those would have been..to go somewhere far off...BTW...I love the new layout, so creative...I'd like to pick your brain @ times...LOVE IT!!!! THE PAGE...

Stephanie said...

I have those same pictures to post!
I am glad you had fun. I hope you aren't sick.