Friday we were invited to go to "Night of Fire" with the Clymen's, Foxes', and McKay's. I had no idea what it was but it was at the drag races and I am a big NASCAR fan so I figured it would be fun.
We followed the Clymens and arrived just as it was starting...although it was just talking and a comedian to start with so I snapped some shots of the trucks out front that would soon be part of the show.
Jayme took this picture and I kept my mouth shut but as the guy (in the picture) walked away I asked Duffer, "Who was he and why did he think I wanted a picture of him??" You see I was thinking it was rather rude to jump in my family shot. Duffer just rolled his eyes at me and explained that the guy was THE DRIVER of the monster truck...duh!
The Clymens family in front of the monster truck, Prowler.
Here is everyone but me...in front of Jett's favorite monster truck, Predator.
So Duffer had so much fun that he said we are going back in 2 weeks when the monster trucks come. He has tried to get me to go to the drags for some time now.
We had a great time...it had been a very long time since we had spent time with these families so it was really nice. Thank you to Michael for getting the tickets FREE through his work!!
So the next day...Saturday...was pretty relaxing...you know - yard work, house cleaning, laundry. We went over to the Clymens house for dinner...Jayme made her yummy tacos (she deep fries the taco shells and they are so good!!). It was all wonderful and the kids played very well...Allie is like having a baby sitter around!!
Davis wasn't with us because he had spent the night with Jarrett after the show the night before and he wanted to watch Jarrett's game the next day. I thought he was coming home after that, but when Jennifer called me she said he wanted to stay. I asked him if he wanted to move in with them and he said yes! I said too bad...he can't get rid of us that easily! ;) I told him we were going to the Clymens but since they only have girls I gave in and let him stay with the Foxes. Duffer went to pick him up around 10pm and brought him back over to where we were in the middle of an intense Domino game.
We had never played Mexican Train Dominoes (I think is what it was called) so we played for about 4 hours!! It was very fun...Jayme won (for the first time she claims) and I came in second. All the matters is the boys were last...girls rule! :o) We were out very late and had to do all baths in the morning so we didn't make it to Sunday school but we were there for church.
After church we went to Perkins to eat with the Clymens and the Allens. They told us it would be a 10 minute wait and it turned into a 35-40 minute wait. I didn't mind...I love hanging out with friends and Duffer and I don't go out to eat much since we have moved so much lately. The kids all behaved very well.
We came home from lunch and Duffer borrowed Tommy's mower (his wouldn't work) and I rested (had a headache) and Duffer mowed. VBS started that night so I went with Davis and Jett...Duffer wasn't finished mowing and Rylee had fallen asleep.
So you can see it has been non-stop for over a week now...tonight we had to miss VBS because Jett had a tball game (he actually had his pitching machine league game too but they were at the same time so he had to miss it). They didn't do too well at the game. Duffer was irritated with me because I was laying down and he took all 3 kids to the game...I got there by the time it started but we were doing pictures before I didn't want to hang out that long. I tried to get Rylee to stay with me but she wouldn't. Duffer said she threw a fit when he had to go on the field and Katheryn had to take her away screaming. I arrived right after that and she was fine but I guess I am in the doghouse. I am not sure what is wrong with me but my headaches have been bad for the past week...maybe allergies or sinuses. My Botox finally got approved and I start that on the 11th so that should be interesting.
After Jett's game, Davis wanted to stay at watch Ian's game...he played right after. I said okay but we wouldn't stay long. Davis really wanted Noah to go to VBS with him tomorrow night and he played on Ian's team too so it worked out well. The game was short because they beat the other team 10-0 and it was over in 1 hour and 20 minutes so we actually only got to watch an hour of it. Davis knew about 7 boys from both teams that played from his school. I think next year in addition to putting him on a competitive team, we may also sign him up for City league just so he can play with his friends.
I have made myself stay up and get this post done...it took 2 HOURS because Blogger will not let me upload more than 1 photo at a time...so I will be pooped tomorrow. Right after work Davis has a game at 5pm and then we will go straight to VBS until 8:30. Shew!
Hey Allison...this was just for YOU!!










4 comments:
Those were so good! I know everyone had a great time...Your posts are getting very spratic (how every you spell it) You need to tighten up! Some of us @ work have to have something to read!!!! J/K!
I had a great time watching 2 ball games with you!!! Ian said he thought it was AWESOME that Davis came to watch his game....It made his day....Hope you are rested in the morning....after staying up so late...I am at work...as you know...Have a good one...love ya.
PLEASE tell me when this is coming again. My boys would FLIP out!!!!!!!
Stephanie, this Saturday the monster trucks are coming again but I think it is just them. Check out www.bristolmotorspeedway.com and you can see upcoming events. I will try to keep an eye open for you though!!
Post a Comment