Lakeside Cinema - Free Movies in the Park
Each Thursday in June join Electric 94.9 for a free family movie on the big screen!
Food City Kids Club, Coca-Cola, Johnson City Parks and Rec, and Electric 94.9 are teaming up again this year to bring you Lakeside Cinema with FREE family movies under the stars in Winged Deer Park in Johnson City. Each Thursday evening in June we will feature a popular movie on a giant screen and everyone is invited free of charge. Before each movie we will have contests, games, and prizes. Remember to bring your blankets and lawn chairs to the park for a great family outing. Concessions will be available from a variety of vendors including Chic-fil-A, Young's Kettlecorn, Randy's Funnel Cakes, McCrackin Shaved Ice, Firehouse Barbeque, and Greg's Pizza. Below is the schedule of movies that will be shown. Come join us each Thursday evening down by the lake.
Showing Thursday, June 5th
August Rush
A young Irish guitarist and a sheltered cellist have a chance encounter one magical night but are soon torn apart leaving an infant, August Rush, orphaned by circumstance. Now, August uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.Rated G
Showing Thursday, June 12th
The Water Horse
When a lonely young boy named Angus discovers a large mysterious egg along the shores of Loch Ness, no one is prepared for what lies within. He soon discovers that the strange hatchling is none other than the water horse, the Loch's most fabled creature.Rated PG
Showing Thursday, June 19th
The Princess Bride
A grandfather reads his grandson a bedtime story...a classic tale of love and adventure as the beautiful Buttercup is kidnapped and held against her will in order to marry the odious Prince Humperdinck, and her childhood beau Westley attempts to save her. Rated PG
Showing Thursday, June 26th
Alvin & the Chipmunks
A struggling songwriter named Dave Seville finds success when he comes across a trio of singing chipmunks: a mischievous leader Alvin, brainy Simon, and chubby, the impressionable one named Theodore. Rated PG









5 comments:
We love these too! Went couple times last year, they are alot of fun...even with people with no kids!
The last time we did this it was alot of fun. A bunch of us need to get together and do it again. I think last time we didn't find out until it was almost over...am I right?? I'm thinking we saw Ice Age.
These are all good family friendly movies for FREE! You know me...I LOVE FREE!!! =-)
You know I am up for anything that is FREE!! Let me know when you want to go...and we ARE THERE!!! Hope you are having a good weekend...Love u
OK! EVERYBODY HAS POSTED THEIR PHOTO'S EXCEPT YOU!!! GET BUSY GIRLFRIEND!
I know Allison...I am slacking. It took me all weekend just to upload, view and edit them though because I took around 450!! Then VBS started Sunday night so I haven't been home any. I can probably get it posted tonight since we can't go to VBS due to Jett's ballgame and it isn't until 7:15 so I will have some free time. :o)
Post a Comment