Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Toys

Duffer and I both have our cell phones with Verizon...my preferred choice since I used to work there...and cannot be "scammed" by them. We went to see our friend, Mike, but he was off. The guy that helped us was really nice too though. I told him that I worked there and asked for several people but they have had a huge turnover since 4 years ago!


So the way Verizon works...every 2 years they give you $100 towards a new phone if you renew your contract. My choice was between two different phones...my first choice was the new LG Voyager that has just recently come out. It has the fancy touch screen (similar to the iPhones) yet still flips open to the QWERTY keyboard for texting...and I do a LOT of texting.


My other choice was the LG enV...which my friend Cassie has and one of my co-workers has. I would have probably gotten the enV (wanted the cool maroon colors for DB) but they have changed the body style and I don't like the front of the new ones.

So this is what I got...see the cool touch screen...LOVE it...trying to get used to a larger phone though. I got a case and belt clip because if you put these in your pocket you will ruin the screen. My phone has unlimited web access so I can check my Charter email, get on eBay, you name it...doubt I could do many blog postings from the tiny screen but hey - I may eventually try it! ;)

This picture isn't the best because obviously I took it myself but it was to show the keyboard...makes texting 1000 times faster and easier...no more WORD format!!! (You would have to be a texter to know what that is.) I looked up why they call it a QWERTY keyboard and it is because those are the top left 6 keys...under the numbers of course. Interesting....there is your useless fact for today in case you didn't know that.

Duffer has always just gotten the free phone that is offered when I bought mine but he said he wanted a good phone this year. His sister and brother just got a Blackberry so guess what Duffer wanted??? You guessed it...he got this one...Blackberry Curve...

Ironically they were out and we were going to have to come back today to get the Blackberry but as they were filling out my paperwork...they received a drop shipment in so Duffer also got to leave the store with a new phone.

Then before we left, I did something I said I would never do...we added a line to our plan and gave Davis my old phone. They are running a special Grand Opening deal thru the end of the month where there is no $20.00 activation fee so it only cost us $10 extra a month on our bill. Everything is blocked except for making and receiving calls...he was told if he brings home straight A's all during the next school year then we will add text messaging for him.

I also figured with all that we are going through with him right now that when he is at his dad's or somewhere away from us, he will always be able to pick up the phone and call us. That makes me have a little more security and not worry about him as much. He has been so happy that he hasn't put the phone down!!!

After we left Verizon, we hopped over to Lifeway and bought Davis this book...I have read some of it and it is very cute...BTW I got this idea from Tanja. Davis hasn't begun to read it yet...remember he is my one who hates to read...but I think it will help him tremendously when he does.

So after all of our shopping excursions, we raced home to get our swim suits, ordered pizza and headed to the Clymens. Tommy did fix my brakes...thank you, thank you , thank you!!!! We ate and hung out and played Dominoes...I actually won for the first time...woohoo!!

Davis wanted to spend the night...funny how a couple of weeks ago he didn't even want to go over to play with girls because he didn't have anyone to play with!! So we let him stay and he must have had a very good time because he asked to stay again tonight! He can't tonight though because we have football practice until 8pm and then he is going to the Mets game with his dad.

I didn't go to work today because I am just really down over what Davis is going through and trying to figure out how to help him. Stressing has given me a migraine the past two days...Davis and I even skipped our dental appointments today. I hate going anyway and with a migraine it is even worse!! So we went to Davis' final Eastman Rec game (tournament begins Monday) and then came home and vegged...Davis watched TV while I slept.

I need to go get all their football gear ready to head across town here shortly. Please keep Davis and all of us in your prayers...during this rough time. I saw Holly today and she is doing great...even went to work today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything will turn out fine! Nothing is as bad as it seems...and We all are praying for him!!!!! I love you, we all do!