Friday, June 27, 2008

Doctor Appointment

This will be short and sweet since I am out the door on my way to Davis' tournament. I had my follow-up appointment with the neurologist today after my Botox injections. Since I have had 5 migraines since the injections, there isn't much improvement. I am scheduled for a "Booster" ~yuck, more injections~ in 2 1/2 weeks. From there he will do the injections one more time in 3 months.

If they don't improve, then I will be sent to the University to have doctors deal with me who only concentrate on headaches and according to Dr. Holt, "I have no idea what they will do with you." Hmmm...that is comforting, huh???

Misty...a friend of mine and his nurse...did fuss at me about my stress levels and said I needed to slow down or they would never get better. Do you know how hard that is for me?? I can't seem to say no to my kids when sports are concerned because I never got to do the things they are doing and I have as much fun as they do!!

Oh well...I did get a sample too of a new medication that is both Imitrex and Naproxen and supposedly it works much better...so we'll see...I'll will keep everyone posted.


4 comments:

~cassie~ said...

I had a great time at the game last night....even though the calls were pathetic!!! Ha ha...Hopefully the boys will get it together today...and show them some Indian baseball!!! =) Enjoyed our "country tour"...ha ha...At least we got to catch up some...Thanks for letting Davis play on the team....Love you guys...See you in a little while...

Anonymous said...

Are you alive...it's sunday, and you've not posted since Friday?

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry, Nicole. It is so hard to be a mom and deal with stuff like this. I am actually in NY seeing my doctor now. It is hard not to be jealous of people who don't have health issues.
I hope the new medicine works!!!!
I will pray for you tonight.

Jennifer said...

Good Grief!
I can't believe your migraines haven't improved since your injections!
Hopefully the new meds will help.
Praying for you!