Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hump Day

Don't ask me why but I am so mixed up on my days. Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday and today I keep thinking is Thursday...maybe I am just really ready for the weekend?!?

I didn't get home tonight until 9:30...that makes for a long day when you leave the house at 5:50 in the morning!! I got off work at 4:00, picked the kids up in Allendale (Jett and Rylee that is), went straight to the Eastman ball fields where my grandma met me with Davis. He had a game at 5pm.

The game was very interesting...the team had won 2 and lost 2 so far...they had a good lead of 11-3 and I take Rylee to the bathroom (no accidents today...she had 2 yesterday so doing better with the potty training!) and when I came back they were tied 14-14. We did end up winning...I am happy to say that Davis helped a lot by being the last one up to bat and although he only got a single (he did get one home run this game at his first time up to bat) but bases were loaded and he knocked the winning run in...he was last batter due to only allowing 6 runs per inning. Then they were in the outfield one last time and he got 2 of the 3 outs and they didn't allow the other team to score. Go Eagles! We are 3-2 and we play again tomorrow at 11.

Both teams played well and on the other team was Tyler Duncan, a boy who goes to church with us. He kept looking at us like he knew us but I never spoke to him since I didn't see his parents around...you know the fear of thinking you know someone and it turning out to be someone else. When we later got to VBS he still had his shirt on and I apologized to his parents! They are very nice and bragged on Davis for doing so well. :o)

Also we got to see our friends, the Wards and Comptons, who were also playing at the same time. Their game finished early and they came to watch Davis for a few minutes. (Amy - I checked and they have NOT removed Davis' name from the website and they are playing in the tournament this weekend). Amy actually tried to help me find Davis some cleats to wear...I had laid his out this morning and he forgot them, went back in a rush and ended up with one of his and one of Jett's cleats and had to play in them!!! The sad thing...they are only 1 size different...Davis wears a 2 and Jett wears a 1! 8-O

So on to VBS we went...arriving a little late. We got there in time for Jett and Rylee to rehearse their songs on the stage. Miss Rylee thought she was BIG time! She kept grinning at all of us sitting to the right and it was so funny. Then at the end when everyone clapped, she said "No you don't clap just me clap." Alrighty then!

Davis brought his best friend Noah tonight and they both received prizes for it. I think Noah had a really good time. They are already planning when he can come and spend the night.

All three kids wanted to go with me to take Noah home afterwards...we live on opposite ends of town now that we have moved...so Duffer made a solo trip to Wally World. Rylee is still so nuts over Noah that he had to sit beside her and when he and Davis went in his house (I made Davis walk in with him and thank his parents for letting him go with us) Rylee threw an absolute fit screaming "I want Noah to come back with us!" This is the same way she was back in the fall when they played football together. Is she going to be boy crazy or what???

As if we hadn't had enough excitement for one day...my cell phone rings as I pull in the driveway (and still no directory photo by the way) and it is the coach from Tucker's team wanting Davis to play on that team (the Titans) now that we are no longer on the Pirates. Davis was extremely excited. Alan, the coach, said they needed a good pitcher and that Davis would be a great addition. Duffer was worried about what position would be left to play since the team has already been formed but Bo assured him it didn't matter because he said Davis can pitch, can run fast, can hit well, and can pretty much play any position whether outfield or infield. That always makes you smile when others think your child plays well because of course do as parents...but we are a little bias, right?

Tomorrow night (reason we have to miss VBS again but we will be at the program on Friday) Jett has a game so my SIL, Katheryn, will be taking Jett and Rylee to that game. Duffer and I have to attend his cousin's wedding in Church Hill. My friend, Cindy, was kind enough to let me bring Davis to her on our way to the wedding because the coach wanted Davis to come watch them play tomorrow night...this is actually a different team but most of the same players...a CHAC team not the Titans...and they are playing for 1st or 2nd place in the championship. The coach wanted Davis to come so he could meet him and the other players...he already knows 3 of them I think...and they are already working on getting a shirt for him. As of right now I think we play at 10am on Saturday...it works out well because Bo and Duffer will be working and Cindy had emailed me today hoping we were playing (she was unsure if we had quit or not) so she would have someone to sit with...it turns out she will!! It will be nice to actually enjoy one of Davis' games and have someone to sit with...I never really "bonded" with any of the Pirates' moms. ;-P

I am getting in bed now because Duffer is upstairs and I can hear all 3 kids STILL awake (at 11:06pm) and they get up at 5am!! The last thing I am going to say though is that I am terribly jealous of all my friends out there who get to be home with their kids everyday! They have all been swimming all week and playing outside while I am cooped up in a stuffy office...yuck!! I debated taking off tomorrow because some of them are going again (to the swim that is)...but my boss is traveling so he won't be there the rest of the week and if ever there is a "good" time to work it is certainly when the boss is away!! ha ha Friday is supposed to be 97 degrees here in K-town so you can bet your bottom I will be at the pool all day that day...or at least after noon...Jett's friend, Landon, will be at daycare that day and Susan asked me to leave them until at least noon so they could play together...that gives me just enough time to run home, clean the house and then swim all day...woohoo!! Good night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks...that everyone get's to stay home & you have to work!!! If it makes you feel anybetter...Me & Don are taking a quicky trip to P.Forge Fri, Sat..just so we can swim, and hang out in the new camper!! See if ya'll didn't have so much ball...that would be alot of fun for your family!

AshNAlMom said...

I'm sorry you are stuck at work but staying at home is not all fun and games. The endless picking up of the house, cleaning the house, then picking it up all over again. Then there is the fighting between the kids for any reason they can come up with, the silliest this morning was who woke up first. I'm mean come on does it really matter. 100+ times a day I hear Mom do this, Mom I want this or that. Sister is doing(just fill it the blank) It's only 2 weeks into summer vacation and I for one can't wait for summer camp. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls but they are driving me crazy.
Hopefully we can have a good morning and see you at the pool tomorrow.
Jayme