Last night was the first night of football practices (Cowboys team) and we had to miss. Jett had a tball game and Davis had practice with the All Star team. Jett got another Grand Slam and he was quite pleased with himself as was Mommy!!
I didn't see much of Davis' practice since I had to walk over to Jett's field but he came home happy that he got a ball signed by the two ball players that helped them during practice...one was pro and the other college maybe????
They have a tournament in Limestone this weekend...hey Summer that is down your way, maybe you can come and see us!!!! Tonight and Thursday we are going to football practice...Jaden (Jett's little friend) got on our team this year also so Jett is looking forward to playing another sport with his little buddy. BTW I have taken Jett and Jaden's pictures and will post them soon...getting ready to order some for Susan (Jaden's mom) and myself this week.
Wednesday night, Davis has a game with Eastman Rec at 4pm and then we are headed to our friend's house...to visit, eat dinner and get my car worked on...it is wonderful to have good friends willing to help you out!!! Especially when your safety is at stake...ha ha ha.
With Davis' tournament this weekend, I will miss Jett's final tball game...boo hoo...but with him playing on 2 teams this year...I think I have been to enough games!!! Last night, Jett had an audience...Aunt Katheryn, Nene and Papaw Maynard. Aunt Katheryn even stayed all night with us. :o)
We are getting ready for Scyler's visit...she will be here in a week. I am taking the week after Fun Fest off from work to watch her and take the kids to do some fun stuff. We will certainly be at the pool a LOT that week!
Davis is very excited about this All Star team he has joined. He got his uniform last night (it resembles DB uniforms) and he just had to try it on when he got home. Then he said, "Mom, would you like to take a picture of me before I take it off??" Funny...my kids just expect me to take their pictures now. I told him I would take some Friday before his first game...I am also having him dress up in his Pirates uniform (and Jett too) so I can order some of them. Whoever they had come and take their pictures was terrible!!! I may retake his Eastman Rec league pictures too because they were not good either...but what do you expect for $10??? I will post all of these after I do them.
So I know I have rambled....sorry that is due to the fact that I am deliriously tired!!! We have stayed up until 12:30am the past 2 nights watching movies (Enchanted-very cute, and National Treasure 2-fell asleep so must finish tonight)...unlike some of my friends who function on no sleep daily...I need a bit more than 4 hours per night!!! On the plus side...my boss is out of town again until Friday...yeehaw!!!
One last thing before I go...and the main purpose of this post...please pray for Davis. I can't give any details but we are having the most difficult time with him ever...so bad that I am considering he go live with his dad or even more severe some type of camp. He doesn't respect us, mistreats his siblings, talks back, and much, much more that I cannot discuss because it is far too painful! I am sure many of you that see us on a regular basis will be somewhat stunned that things are so bad but just remember...you never know what goes on with a family when they are at home and out of the public eye. Today everyone is an expert with covering up our problems and acting like we are one big happy family....and those who know me well know that I don't do that much...when things are bad you know it because I don't like to live a lie. Please remember Davis and pray for him a LOT...you know things are bad when I involve Davis' dad (which I NEVER do!!).
Also please pray for my friend, Holly who just had surgery. She is doing well but very sore!!










8 comments:
I hope Tommy put BRAKES on your car..hahaha, just figuring Jayme is a good cook, and Tommy a Mechanic! I learned this when we helped ya'll move....
Im going to assume that the sleep deprived would be Me & Cassie..it's 4pm and still up! 30 hours awake, and still going strong! haha, Ill crash when I finally lay down!
On a serious note...Nicole...There is no family PERFECT! Anyone who act's like they are, is just living a lie! We will pray for Davis..and "The Wallen Family"..Everyone has Problems..even Davis @ his age..I pray that God show ya'll How to help him deal with what ever issues, and keep your family together! Love you!! If you need me Im only a phone call away! You know that already!
I am glad Davis is excited about playing with the Indians....We have had a blast on this team this year.....
Just wanted to let you know, I will definately be praying for Davis...and you guys...I hate that you are having such a difficult time...If you need anything at all...please don't hesitate to call me...You know I will be here for you....I will be praying....love you
Allison...yes Tommy is putting brakes on my car...yeah...they need it SO badly!!
Yes I was referring to you and Cassie who never get any sleep.
Trust me when I say I KNOW that no family is perfect...but I get a little tired of reading so many blogs (and trust me I read a TON) and they only talk about the good so they can paint this picture of a perfect life when everyone that has a brain knows it isn't like that all the time. I think the best people are the ones who can also talk about the bad, deal with it and then even find the good in what they went through (and/or joke about it like I do)because it makes you stronger as a family in the end. (I am not speaking about anyone in specific so I hope none of my readers take offense!)
Ha ha...I should have the strongest family ever since so many "bad" things go on constantly! ha ha
Nicole,
I know you don't know me very well (but we share a birthday, so you know we both must be fabulous right? heehee!) And even though I only "know" Davis from your blog, I am praying for him and your family. Praying that God gives you peace and direction about any decisions you need to make about things. Hang in there!
Love,
Anne
Amen sister...Let me just say this...If you don't meet the devil face to face, your probably walking the same direction he is...Food for thought...I see him on a day to day basis, starting when I wake up! He's were our problems come from!
Nicole, I hate that stuff is bad right now. Incredible timing though... just last night in our Beth Moore study, on the DVD she talked about how church people are the best at keeping things covered. We all have those hurts that you can't even voice because you'd cry your eyes out. I'll be praying for you. That you'll have a peace about whatever decision is best and is God's plan. And that, no matter what, Davis will understand how loved he is. And that you'll know that nothing he does means you are a bad mom. Kids are kids. They do dumb stuff. So do we adults. It's life. Love works around all that though. My heart hurts for you.
On a side note, check out my blog on Friday if you get a chance. You're in it. I just haven't finished it yet. I've been distracted by packing for vacation. I hate how real life intrudes on blog life! :-)
Sorry for the hi-jack!
Nicole,
My heart ached when I read your concerns about Davis. I think there is a time in every family where problems arise with children. You are a great mother and I know you will do what his best for him. I have always admired Duffer for the interest he has taken in Davis. It takes a special man to step into the role of father. We will be praying for you. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help. We love you guys.
Nicole,
I'm playing catch up with your posts.
You told me a little bit about Davis...but it sounds like more has happened since I talked to you last.
If you want to talk to me....I'm always here for you.
I hate you are going through this with Davis.
I'm praying for you all.
Post a Comment