Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wrapping up the Weekend...

Well, once again the weekend is over and we have gotten no rest whatsoever! On the bright side... NO TOURNAMENT NEXT WEEKEND!!! Do you feel my enjoyment here???

Remember 2 weeks ago when we had the tick episode?? Well this weekend it was splinters. When I came home last night from shopping, Duffer had to pull 2 splinters out...one from Jett and one from Rylee. They had been playing on our deck and gotten them. Rylee had one in her pinkie finger and Jett's was in the palm of his hand. I am SO glad I missed that drama because Duffer said they cried and cried. When Rylee and I went to bed, she kept saying she had a splinter but I thought she was still talking about the one from earlier. Finally I looked and sure enough, she had a huge one in the bottom of her foot. I called the doctor back in and he got half of it out...had to stop because she was screaming so loudly and it was 11:30pm! This morning before she woke up we tried to get the rest out but she woke up. So after a few more screams, the splinter was removed!!

I know ticks and splinters are all part of childhood but they are those things that parents have to do but hate to do because it usually involves pain on the child. :o(

So we got ready and went to church...we were actually on time which almost never happens!!! After church we rushed home (imagine that!) and changed and had 5 minutes to get Davis to the ball field for his game today.

This was the closest game they have ever played. Church must have had a positive effect on Duffer because he had been talking badly about Danny and his coaching and he went and told him what he had said and apologized. They told Davis he would pitch but instead they put in Noah...they really have no good pitchers...and Davis didn't do too well during warm up. Danny says Davis is their most consistent pitcher but you can tell when he is tired because he can't get it across the plate. Davis got an awesome hit though...it made it all the way to the fence and brought in 2 runners...this was when we were tied so it was a big play!!

Then the boys choked and made about 5 errors in one inning allowing the other team to score 5 runs ahead of us! We almost came back to tie in the last inning but again they made 2 errors that blew it. We so close to the Championship Game (which is a big deal because everyone gets a trophy) we could almost taste it!

But to the news that everyone wants to know about...we met with Carol, the lady who owns the house. The house is ours...we brought the lease home to fill out...Duffer is taking her the money either tomorrow or Thursday and then we can start planning to move in!! I am going to be the most happy just to get all our stuff from storage that is 'lost' or at least can't be found in all the mess!!

I will try my best to update this week...it is hard to do when we aren't home much...we have baseball practices or games everyday this week. Jett's first tball game is Wednesday so I will take some pictures of that. Duffer and Jett's birthdays are also this week and then Jett's party is on Saturday so that will also be something I will update on. Oh yeah and my boss will be gone Monday and Tuesday so this may be a great week after all!!! 8-) )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so Glad the house is ya'll's! Im so excitied!

Stephanie said...

you know how I feel about ticks.
My mom lives on the street across from Topher. Kingfisher court. Second house on the left.

Nicole said...

Stephanie, I thought about you when Jett had that tick and it scares me to death!!!