Monday, May 5, 2008

HB Duffer! ~ UPDATED

Today is Duffer's birthday...he is 39! I tease him constantly for being 'so old' but I swear he acts younger than me!!

Happy Birthday Duffer!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Duffer/Daddy
Happy Birthday to YOU!

I am not certain what our plans are tonight...Duffer isn't much into celebrating but I am going to cook supper and my grandma (being the wonderful helper that she is) took a cake down to my apartment for him! Tonight is our only night off this week and he talked about practicing with the boys (baseball of course). I will update later tonight with some pictures.

****************************************************************

As soon as the kids and I got home, we got started making Daddy some birthday cards...after all - aren't the homemade ones the best kind??

Duffer looking at the shirt that Grandma brought him. She also got him a small cooler like the one he carries his lunch in to work. We figured that she must not have liked all the stickers he had covering his old one and thought he needed a new clean one! ha ha

I had promised Rylee she could put the candles on the cake...but of course the boys had to jump in also.

I was trying to get them to put 3 on one side and 9 on the other but they just ended up all over the place. One of these days, I will learn to quit being so particular about these things.
This was a fake pose since Duffer missed Davis putting any on...he had him 'redo' it.

How do you like the cute cake my grandma picked out?? She knows I love stick people so she had 'us' added to the cake. The kids were a little confused though asking...'Where's Daddy? Why isn't he on the cake?'

Here is the Queen of blowing out candles trying to blow them out from across the table.

We moved her closer....

I missed the blowing out of the candles trying to get my camera focused so this was a re-enactment. Duffer re-lit one candle so I could get the blowing out picture. Yes I am a little psychotic when it comes to photos and which ones I want! ;)

Afterwards, everyone had to lick the candles from the cake. Davis and Jett act like they have never gotten to do this before.

Daddy helps Rylee because she has to be just like her brothers. Look at Duffer's mouth doing what she does...ha ha...parents can be so goofy sometimes!

I should have set the tripod up and gotten all of us but Duffer rushed me so much that I didn't have time. Davis took this picture...

...then we switched and I took this one. Rylee was making a getaway in this one...she'd had enough!

So we all ate cake, then loaded up in the car because we were in bad need of groceries!! We also had to go to the pharmacy which always takes up to 30 minutes!! Wally World was quiet frustrating too because they are remodeling and I didn't know where anything was...it totally through me off my game. We grabbed the necessities...I mean have you ever taken 3 kids to Wal*Mart...it is a nightmare!

Duffer promised the kids ice cream so we headed to Dairy Queen. Now if you have been paying attention...so far we have had cake and ice cream for supper...nutritious huh?? Duffer said it was his birthday and he didn't care if they ate supper or not.

We headed home, unloaded the groceries and then I ran to the tanning bed for some relaxation!! If it hadn't been 102 degrees in that bed, I may have relaxed a bit but it was one of those visits when you are counting down the second until the bed cuts off!!

I will have a lot more photos this week to post...Jett's 1st tball game on Wednesday, Jett's birthday on Thursday (after soccer we are going to Pop's to visit because they can't come to his party on Saturday), Jett's party on Saturday and then Mother's Day on Sunday. Have I mentioned that the month of May really wears me down??? We also have our anniversary in 2 weeks....shew!! Oh and we are getting the keys either tomorrow or Thursday so I do believe I can safely say that the house is ours!!! Yipee!!!






8 comments:

Tanja said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's me. I'm happy. To discover someone else at church is older than me! :-) Happy Birthday to Duffer! Hee hee hee hee hee!

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUFFER!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell the Ol'Man I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I mean to send him an email, but being off work..I forgot! He's so sweet! You have such a KEEPER!!!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUFFER!!

You need to make sure you keep a walker in the back of your car...because at HIS age you never know when he might need it! tee-hee-hee!

Have a great week!

Oh and that's wonderful you guys got the house you wanted. We will be neighbors! Colonial Heights is a happening place to be!

~cassie~ said...

Happy Birthday Duffer!! We love ya!! Hope you had a great one...

Congrats on getting the house you wanted...Can't wait to see it....Love ya

Anonymous said...

I loved your dress, so pretty, and fashionable, which you always have been, and will be!!!! That's what I love about having my own tanning bed...which BTW have not been in since I put Twister bulbs, but I keep the door closed so it's cold in there, and the bed is not 102 degree's which makes for a very relaxing time...I got to get motivated to get in it!!! The no supper sounds so like Duffer, he's so funny!!!! I can't wait till ya'll are much closer!!!!

Nicole said...

Hey Allison! My top was new...just bought some new spring clothes since I have lost weight...it isn't a dress though. You know I am not a dress or skirt person! In fact I hate dressing up for work anyway. I would like to be an IMS and work in Stores where it is laid back! I think we are going to start moving in a little bit this weekend so I will be closer soon!!

Anonymous said...

It's very cute shirt or dress...An IMS position would be more money..I was set up for one last year when I was on days, but when I got to figuring what they top out @, vs..My shift work money...I would loose money..and to top out it would take about 6 years after getting the position title...But in the long run on my body it would have been the best...

As soon as your job is up (the 2 year period) Ill start pushing Bill (which loves me) to get you in Maintaince Stores..which is straight days...then you will make Senior Stockkeeper, then start being Relief IMS...but basically an IMS job is a high paid Babysitting Job, so You would be PERFECT cause you have Kids!!!

BTW the best part, is Jeans & T-shirts, and Tennis-shoes!!!!

Anyways...We of course will help you move this weekend, You know that..Just let me know when...O.K this is long, so I'll go,..oh BTW watch 27 dresses, Great Movie!!