Saturday, May 3, 2008

Busy, Busy Friday

My Friday started out as it always does...get up at 4:30am, get ready, go to work and get off at 10:30am (Monday thru Friday I work 9 hours a day so I only work 4 on Fridays...most everyone at Eastman likes to do this). I had a ton of stuff to do this day so just to make it harder on myself I decided to squeeze in a tanning bed visit in the one hour free time I had before I had to be at Davis' school for Field Day. I am very picky about when I go to the tanning bed...will NOT go anytime I can't immediately come home and take a shower! So after my tanning session, I ran home and took and shower and then of course had to reapply all my makeup! I made it to Davis' school (which just happens to be behind our apt.) at 12:06...not too bad when I told him I would be there around noon.

When I got to the school, the kids were absolutely wild! They were all running around in the classroom signing each other's shirts and yearbooks. Several kids even asked me to sign theirs??? Finally we headed outside...

They had some crazy events and I don't even know where they come up with this stuff. The first one was normal...3 Legged Race. Here is Davis and Hunter waiting for their turn...you can see where Davis had his shirt signed...I did NOT know he was going to do this but at least he wore one of his free school shirts! (They usually give them 1 or 2 throughout the school year like on Run-Walk-a-thon and events like that).
You can see my friend, Jessica, in the background. She was taking pictures of her son Brayden. She is due in June and she looks so cute!

She is having her 3rd boy! No name has been decided yet though..

Here are Davis and his buddies, Keegan, Jordan, Noah and Hunter.

Check out the tongue hanging out...he always does it! This was some game that you ran down and threw all these things out of a bowl and then had to pick them up again.

This is Cindy's neighbor, Tao and her daughter Lolita. Her son Keegan is in Davis' learning center. She is absolutely hilarious and the most BLUNT person I have ever heard in my life. Cindy, Jessica and I were whining about something (forget what it was now) but she looked at us and pretty much told us to stop our whining (but not those words...surely you can guess...if not it rhymes with witch). I turned around and said, "Well just say what you think, Tao!" We all starting cracking up. It was a funny moment.

Cindy and her 9 week old son, Cooper. She got someone to watch her daycare for her and she was at the school all day! Keagan Anne had Field Day that morning while Tucker had it in the afternoon.

I wish Rylee had had this much hair as a baby. I could have started using bows a lot sooner!!

Tug-of-War...I think they did this like 10 times but I couldn't resist all the candid pictures I got!

This was when they lost and all wiped out. Davis stayed down so long I thought he was hurt at first but he was fine...he actually jumped back up and did it again!

Here are Mrs. Pruitt (his math teacher) and Mrs. Cook (his main teacher). Mrs. Cook took over this year for Mrs. Helton and I have really liked her.

Here is Miss Jessica...we were miserably hot by this point and she was hurting a bit so we sat down to take a break. I took several pictures of her to send to her because she hasn't gotten a lot so far.

Jessica and her son, Brayden.

Davis and me...always a tradition to get our picture together on Field Day so I can go back and look at how much he grew every year! This was the first year Duffer has missed but he took off today to see their games so something had to give.

Davis and his best friend, Noah. Davis is already making plans for Noah to come and spend the night when we move...and we haven't even finalized anything yet (we go and talk with the lady tomorrow after Davis' ball game).


So that ended Field Day...I took Davis out early and we went to pick up the other two. My dad had sent me a text message on Thursday and then emails Friday at work of his newest purchase so I had to take the kids by to check it out.

First...if you remember Rylee's story about the dog biting her a couple of months ago that she still talks about...well, here is the vicious dog, Faith.

Cute huh? I have always like weenie dogs. Vanessa had another one, Buddy, who was bigger but he kept running away. Then one day she saw him on the news...channel 11 shows animals from the shelter a lot...when Vanessa called the shelter to get him, he had already been adopted! Can you believe that??? He wasn't even a homeless dog!

So back to what my crazy dad has now purchased...2 mini goats! (James and Cassie - I know you are getting a kick out of this!!) I would explain that one but it is too embarrassing!

Aren't they so cute?!?!? They are super tiny...Daddy named them Roy and Roger...can you tell he likes westerns? Thursday was the first day these little guys had ever been around people so they were very skiddish.

You can't catch one of them but you can the other so Papaw tracked him down so the kids could pet him. They sound like a little baby crying when they bah!

You can see that Rylee is over the dog bite...here she is petting Faith...or as she calls her "Faif-fers".

Brooke's dad brought her and her friend, Sarah to see the goats. Here is Brooke with Ryan and Sarah. Ryan said the goats were a good chick magnet at school! LOL


They had these teeny tiny horns on top of their heads and they would head butt each other (not while we were there though). They don't even have teeth up top...strange, huh? I obviously know nothing about goats...actually couldn't even recognize them up until a year ago...there I admitted it! That is a story for another post though!

Before we left Jett found a caterpillar and here it is crawling on him. Ick...I don't like many things with more legs than I have!


So from Papaw's we went home...only having 30 minutes to change into ball gear...then headed to Domtar for Davis' tournament. He played at 6 but had to be there by 5 so when Duffer got off work at 5:30 he came and picked up Jett...who had practice at 6 with his pitching machine team. I got a nice break because Rylee wanted to go with them! :o) ) Can you just imagine how much the 2 of us spend in gas????

Grandma came down to watch the game because Davis said he was pitching but he didn't...oh well...they got killed once again. It was the quickest game ever...ending in exactly one hour...they usually go almost 2 hours even with the time limit.

My friend, Amy, came halfway through the game because her son Ethan played after us. Ethan is on the team Daniel Williams' coaches so Davis and I stayed after to watch them. Duffer came down with the other two when they finished up. We like to do this because we get to hang out with our friends plus we get to watch a real game. It gets old watching games that you never score in and that aren't nail-bitters...you know those games where you are on the end of your chairs!

Today was busy too with Jett's soccer game this morning...they lost again and he came so close to scoring but still didn't (I swear if I just stay home he will score again!)...then Davis had a game at 3...they got drilled again also. Davis plays one more game tomorrow unless they will and then they will play 2 games.

After the game, Grandma and I went shopping again. Grandma wanted the kids to have some sandals to wear to church but when I called them they said they didn't want sandals so we got them new Crocs instead. I had to go to 3 different stores and finally got them some tan/camo ones...I still have to order the Cowboys ones before Davis beats me...and I got Rylee some pink camo ones...so cute!! I brought pizza home and now I am getting ready to watch a movie...Duffer and the boys are watching the race...but honestly I could go to sleep right now! These long days are killing me!!

I will give you all an update tomorrow after we meet about the house. Pray it will all go well and we will definitely get it!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shooo your way to busy, I don't even wanna imagine the money ya'll spend in gas....Those goats are so cute!!!! Don bought us a new baby Min..Schnauzer, so we will be adding a new addition to our family..His name is going to be Roofus..right now he's 9 week's old...He's so cute...We didn't wanna go to walmart tonight, so were going tomorrow before work, and picking up Roofus tomorrow night!!! Ill post, when I get some pictures...