Yesterday was filled with nothing but ups and downs. American Idol - of course was an up! Work is a big DOWN...it was my 3rd 10 hour day in a row...how people work 12 hours is beyond me because I don't think I could make it...at least not sitting at a desk behind a computer all day!!! Yuck!
When I picked the kids up from Cindy's, her daughter Bella (who is Rylee's age) had a meltdown because she wanted to go home with me. She was even in my car and buckled up! Poor thing...tomorrow night Davis' team plays Tucker's team in our tournament so I told Cindy to let Bella spend the night with Rylee but I am not sure she will (Bella would go in a heartbeat but Cindy doesn't want to be away from her). We'll see...I am excited about playing Tucker's team because I have never seen him play baseball. He is very good at football..he and Davis play together on the Cowboys...which I have to get Davis and Jett both registered for tonight. I also have to get Davis registered for CHAC fall football because I missed the sign up day (which was the day of Jett's party that was so crazy). The kids should have a great day today because Cindy IS taking them to Chuck E. Cheese...that is one brave woman...far more than I would be!!
Anyway, the reason Bella couldn't come home with us was because I was headed straight for the night clinic. Rylee had woken up sick on Wednesday but she was just coughing. It turns out all she has is the croup and they won't even give anything to treat it...they even said NOT to give cough syrup! That is just crazy...I was told if she wakes up in the middle of the night to steam up the bathroom, take her in it for 5 minutes or so and then take her outside...and to only give Benedryl if her nose is running a lot. Whatever...you can imagine what I think about that after they took my $20 co-pay for nothing.
Rylee woke up very warm this morning even though the thermometer only said 99 I know it was higher. I made Duffer go to the gas station at 4:30am to get some Motrin because I did NOT want to deal with her having another seizure. (She gets them when she runs 101 fever or higher...she had 2 last year). I sent her on to Cindy's because she would die if she didn't get to go to Chuck E. Cheese so hopefully she will get better soon!
Okay on the plus side, school ended yesterday...not that I was the best mom about getting school stuff done. I am very spoiled...you see Davis gets his homework finished at daycare after school (since we usually have to run to a practice) so the only thing I have to ever help with are projects through out the year. He had 3 this year but they weren't bad. He has a homework log that the parent is supposed to sign nightly and it is the way parents and teachers communicate...yeah I don't think I have signed that thing since Christmas!! I know - bad mom! Do teachers really think we have time to remember all these little things on top of lunches, clothes, field trip money, extracurricular activities and much, much more???? Kidding...I know I need to do better...I will be in rough shape next year when I have 2 of them to do this for!!!
So Davis also got his final report card. I was nervous but for no reason...he got all S+'s and S's and then all A's and B+'s. The reason I was nervous is because the last time it came home, he received his first C in Social Studies. I was livid...especially when Tucker comes home (they are in same classes) with all A's and S+'s...so I know the work isn't too difficult. I know it's bad to compare but the reason I do is because if the other kids are getting lower grades as well, then it could potentially be the teacher and LCF has had some difficulties with the teachers this year. Davis was lucky though, Mrs. Cook - his teacher - was the only one that no one complained about because she is AWESOME!!! Back to the C...he brought it up to an A...very good I thought!!! I asked him what made him do so much better...because there was no extra studying going on since he never has SS homework and he said because he was afraid of getting in trouble. HA...sad to get satisfaction in that I guess but I still do. :o) Also Davis got a certificate for Cooperation...surprisingly because I don't see that much around the house! ;)
So we finally get home to enjoy our only night off...Katheryn came over (she needed to talk to Duffer...can't go into detail about that but just keep her in your prayers)...I cooked tacos for supper and then we watched American Idol. Duffer finally got the yard done. But due to American Idol being 2 hours long...I didn't get much laundry done! :o( Duffer isn't too happy about having to wear a dirty coach shirt tonight at their ball game.
It will be a busy weekend starting with Jett's game tonight and registering the boys for football after the game, Davis plays one game Friday night, 2 games on Saturday and then at least one on Sunday! Shew!!! At least I am off after today until Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!









2 comments:
Hahaha...12 hours is a breeze, although I would rather be sitting then on my feet for 12 hours...being busy!
All 3 of my boys get chronic croup. They have all had it at the beach. It is not fun. It is very scary. I keep the medicine with me at all times so we don't have to go to the emergency room.
I think we must be up to 40 episodes all together by now.
They say that sticking their faces in the freezer is better than the hot steamy shower.
Post a Comment