Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Midweek Update

I am checking in since I have had no time this week to do before. Baseball is killing us since it is now in full swing. Davis only has 2 more scheduled tournaments so hopefully it will be over soon...but summer football begins in July. I am looking forward to that because I will be back on a team with my friends...going to Davis' baseball games bore me not having anyone to sit with. Granted I love watching him play but like yesterday we watched some of his practice while we waited on Jett's game to start and all Duffer and I do is get mad because they are NOT coaching. They let them make errors and don't even correct them. Last year if they made errors they had to run and that is the way it should be. That is the only way to get their attention at this age so they will retain it. Oh well...it's almost over.

Monday night Jett had a t-ball game (the Marlins) and they got slaughtered. :o( I still love watching Jett play though because he is so dramatic. I can't remember any details from the game since it was 2 days ago...yes my memory is that bad! Plus at both of Jett's team's games I have friends to sit with so that makes it much more enjoyable also!!

Last night Jett had a game (the Braves) and he did awesome. This is the pitching machine team that Steve coaches and I had no idea how Jett would do since it is not tball. His first hit was a double and his second was a single. The first half of the game he was in the outfield and a pop up came right to him and bounced and he scooped it right up and threw it back in. He did good because normally that would have allowed a lot of runs but it didn't.

What is hilarious about Jett, is no matter where he plays (the position) he runs all over the field to get the ball. I don't think he likes the little kids who just stand there. After all, shouldn't they be the expert that he is already?? ha ha I guess not everyone has spent 4 out of 5 years of their life on the ball field. ;)

The weather got rather chilly so Rylee, Davis and me headed to the vehicle to watch the remainder of the game. Now Jett was on 3rd base and he was so cute...he would do exactly like Davis' team...put one foot on the bag, stretch out with his glove up waiting on someone to throw him the ball to get the runner out. Of course no one ever threw it to him because they don't know the fundamentals yet. It is cute watching Jett 'act like a pro player'!

I was kicking myself last night too because I ran off without my camera! I didn't get home from work until 5:15 and we were supposed to be at the field by 6pm so I was very pressed for time. I wanted some pictures of Jett with his Braves team because I don't have any yet. I will have to wait until Tuesday.

He has 2 more games on Thursday but they are with both teams at the same time. Duffer wants him to be with his team so we will miss the Braves game. :o(

Rylee woke up sick today so it looks like we will be heading to the night clinic tonight (if she makes it through the day). I sent her on to Cindy's but I am betting she will call for me to come get her. Hopefully she will be alright. She was pitiful when I left this morning. This is the worst thing about being a full time working mom...not always being able to be there for your kids. :o(

I saw my dad walking into work this morning and he told me one of his billy goats died! He said one of his dogs had busted through the fence to lay beside the goat because he knew he was dead. boo hoo hoo That is so sad. Daddy buried him in the woods behind his house. He is getting 2 more goats so the one left isn't lonely. It's ironic because I am NOT an animal lover whatsoever, but I just love these little goats...probably because they are tiny and cute!

On a positive note, today is the last day of school. They get out at noon and since the kids have been staying with Cindy while Susan is out of town, Davis gets to play with Tucker everyday so he has had a blast. He will be there with him all day tomorrow and they have been begging to swim already (Cindy has a pool). If they can handle the cold water...go for it! Cindy and 2 of the other moms (of kids she watches) are taking them all to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow...I told her she was NUTS but the kids will love it! I can't believe this afternoon, Davis will officially be a 5th grader!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Summer is already here!!!! Me & Momma was talking last night, how Handsome Davis is....I had pictures on my computer of when he was 4 or 5 with his little glasses...and she was looking @ the pics of him now....she said Man, he's going to break some hearts!!!!