Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me

This post is a bunch of randomness but that is how mine usually are (also it is going to be in reverse order...today thru Thursday). First off today is May 24th which means:

Happy Anniversary to me!

Today Duffer and I have been married for 6 years. We have big plans too...all day at the ball field...haha. In fact Duffer left at 8am because he is working the gate from 8:30 - 10:30 and then again at 4:30 (I think). Anyway Happy Anniversary Duffer (although he says my posts are always too long to read)!

Now for Friday...it was so nice to have the whole family together at home. This never happens anymore because when the kids and I are home, Duffer still has to work. He is off this weekend so it is really nice.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning and doing laundry while the kids played outside and Duffer unloaded the trailer in the garage. Then we had to get ready to be at the ball field by 6pm. I took my camera but only took 32 pictures...which is very odd for me...but honestly too many of our friends were there so I was too busy yakking.

Daniel and Nicki's team played before us so we got to see the end of their game. Then Daniel stayed and hung out with us for our game. I also got to talk to Amy since her son plays on Daniel's team also. Her son, Ethan stayed for most of our game and he and Jett practiced pitching and throwing. Here is Jett pitching...


The team we played was Tucker's team so I hung out with Cindy, his mom, and her kids. Bella and Rylee had a big ole time playing together and getting very dirty! I didn't get any pictures of them but I will today. I did get a few of Davis and Tucker though...here is Tucker batting...I was sitting behind home plate so these are through the fence if they don't look the best...


Tucker played 3rd base so I got this shot when Davis ran to 3rd. If you look closely you will see that you can still see where Davis' left eye was injured last year. At certain angles, it still has that bruised look.


Here is a picture of Cole...another boy on Davis' team. Cole and Davis are pretty much the best and most consistent players on this team and Cole's family and our family have both contemplated quitting because we have disliked the coached. We have both stuck it out though. Cole actually plays on a City Rec team also and Davis starts the Eastman league team on Tuesday. Cole also plays on the Cowboys football team that Davis and Jett are on.

Here is Davis on 2nd. The coaches were penalizing him (or so I think anyway) because they put him in right field...which he never plays...because we didn't go to practice on Thursday. I guarantee he won't pitch all weekend due to this.

We did win...11-5. I don't like how our team set up this tournament though...it was invitational only and they invited either younger teams (8U) or inexperienced teams (like Tucker's who were just formed last week). So if we win the tournament it will be because it was rigged. I was telling Daniel about it last night because our team even brought in the coach's oldest son and friend who are 10 (and playing on our team illegally) so I told Daniel to bring in some older players on his team for today. I think fair is fair and if one team is allowed to do something then they all should be. Besides I don't want to win if you have to be shady about it!

So it was a late night...we were at the field until almost 10:30pm. We pretty much came home and took baths and went to bed. Kat went with us and stayed here all night because she is going back with us today. I did make some cookies last night when we got home and poor little Rylee tried to push the oven rack back in as I turned to set the pan of cookies down. OUCH!!! Now she has a burn blister on her little hand...it just about killed me when it happened!

On Thursday...Jett had a game...not sure if they won or not because Duffer never found out the score...remember they don't keep score. This was the night that Davis didn't go to his practice. He really didn't care if he went or not...but when Danny called me he didn't sound too happy about us not coming. The deal was though...Davis was supposed to be there by 5:30 and Jett had a game at 6...in 2 different places. I don't even get home from work until 5:15 so we barely made it to Jett's game on time. If I would have dropped off Davis first I would have been really late! If I would have taken Jett then Davis then I would have missed Jett's game.

Jett played well as usual. I wasn't in the best mood since Rylee was so fussy and I was worn out from working my 40 hours in 4 days. Cindy's daughter, Keagan, played after us and we stayed for that game because once Rylee saw Bella it would have been a huge meltdown getting her out of there. We have a lot of friends on their team so it was fun. Cole's (from Davis' team) little brother, Cade, plays as well as his sister Whitley. Also the Dean's daughter, Carlee, plays. Katheryn, Cindy, Amy (Cole's mom) and I spent the whole game chit chatting about the kids.

Near the end we did have a catastrophe...Rylee and Bella were playing in the stands and Bella wiped out from 3 rows up and fell onto the concrete! Then not even 10 minutes later Rylee did the same thing but on the 2nd row!! I had to give Cindy a hard time...even though this was Davis' fault...since he had spent the entire day at her house...he and Tucker swam for about 45 minutes and for some reason my son still has not learned to put on sunscreen even though he has had 2nd degree sunburns 3 times!!!! His back is pretty burnt but no blisters but it is bad enough that clothes are bothering him. Cindy felt so bad so then I felt bad for teasing her so I made sure she knew that I blamed Davis...he has went through this enough that he should know better.

It was another late night but we all slept in until 9am on Friday morning...love those mornings!!

Okay that was a recap of the past 3 days...now I have to get us all ready to go back to the field for Davis' 10:45 game. We will be there all day since he plays a 2nd game depending on whether they win or lose this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I love ya'll!

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!