Saturday, May 10, 2008

Move/Jett's Party & all the other chaos going on...

Let me begin with Friday...what a day! It started out roughly...you know get the kids to school, transfer the water only to find Duffer had removed the checks from my wallet, had to go back to apt. and get more, then got water taken care of. Then had to drive to Boones Creek to turn on power (through JC Power Board) and since I was a new customer we had to pay a deposit (also had to pay one through water!!). :O(

After those errands...that took all morning...I had one hour left to pack (yes this was me just starting to pack) before I had to leave to go to house (remember had to be there by 1pm for cable). I packed about 10 boxes, loaded a TV (so we could verify the cable worked), my computer (because you know I can't live without it you know...and I also needed to see that the Internet was working), 3 boxes of our bathroom stuff, and a few other little odd stuff.
I go to leave and realize I have no way of getting in the house. The lady only gave us one key (thought that was odd) and we have yet to find time to get copies made. So I had make a detour and run by Eastman to get the key from Duffer.

I got to the house and got my computer set up, TV hooked up, and all 3 bathrooms completely unpacked before the cable man showed up. While he was there...which took forever...I had many visitors! I was so excited!! First Jayme and her 2 daughters stopped by...she was on her way to her aunt's and noticed I was home. Then my long time high school friend, Kara and her son Kanon, stopped by. She used to live near me on the other side of town but had just recently moved back to Colonial Heights as well! Next came Cassie and James...James saved the day when he figured out why my downstairs cable wouldn't hook up. The cable man was just going to leave but James looked at it for 2 seconds and figured it out! Then lastly, Stephanie brought me some of her yummy homemade strawberry jam (I only eat strawberry by the way - never did care for grape).

The cable man finished at 4:40...when my daycare closes at 4:30...so that stressed me out being late even though Susan said it was okay...I hate doing that! After picking up the kids, Katheryn (my SIL) met us at our apt. and we began to pack. The good thing is that I got rid of a LOT of toys they never play with. I would have done this when we moved into the apt. but it was Christmastime and I was so sick from that mold that I didn't do anything! Shortly after we were there packing, the Bellamy's showed up. Bo took all the kids up to the school to play until Duffer got there. Cindy was awesome packing...she has OCD majorly and had to have it packed and gone!

When Duffer got there we loaded up my vehicle, his vehicle and the trailer and headed to the house. When we got there Tommy and his girls were waiting on us to help and then Don and Allison got there with another trailer. Cindy and I stayed there (with all the kids) while the guys and Allison went back to the apt. for the big stuff. By the time they returned we had everything that had been brought over put up and were sitting down resting. Around 11:00, Jennifer and Jayme came by...Jennifer was dropping Jayme off since her hubby Tommy was helping us.

They had one accident loading the big stuff at the apt. even though they were using a dolly...the dryer fell from the top stair all the way to the bottom! And keep in mind this was around 10:00-10:30 at night. I bet everyone woke up! It still works although not as well...so Duffer said he would save up and get us a new one to match the new washer we bought in the fall.

Then the other funny thing that happened was when Allison (I think) helped Rylee go to the bathroom...Rylee decided to wipe herself with her hand instead of toilet paper and then hold it up and notify her that she had pooped! Good Grief!! Duffer helped clean that up while I was still messing with the furniture. Everyone left and Duffer and Kat made one more trip to apt. to get the PlayStation because Jett was whining. I gave the kids baths and we were asleep before they got back. I had the key though and had locked the doors and Duffer couldn't get in when he got back. He called and knocked for 25 minutes and was getting ready to sleep in his car when he said I got up and let him in...I have no recollection of that at all!!! (I think I have mentioned before that I sleep very soundly!)

So the plans on Saturday morning were to move everything out of storage...that didn't happen because no one was available to help Duffer. He went to attempt to do it himself but didn't have the key to the lock, had to go back to apt. to get it, then just decided to wait until Wednesday...he will take off work and his brother will help him then. In the meantime I was getting the kids ready to go and get the party supplies (Jett had already left with Nene to go to his soccer game - which he scored a goal of course because I wasn't there!) when I realized that Rylee and I had nothing to wear and Davis and Jett only had shorts! We hadn't gotten all of the clothes hanging in our closets. So Duffer grabbed us some outfits while at the apt. getting his key.

By this point Duffer has decided not to move anything today so I meet him and give him the younger two while Davis and I go pick up the cupcakes and get presents and supplies. When I finished, we traded again (I took all the kids) so Duffer could go look for a present that Jett really wanted. I got us all ready, went to pick up my grandma, went to Little Caesar's to get the pizza (I pulled into where it used to be near Rex's...I guess it has been a while since I lived in Colonial Heights!!), then headed to Eastman Cabins. So about the party...here are the cupcakes filled with the most icing I have ever seen!

Rylee loves babies and had a blast holding little (well not really) Cooper. He is only 9 weeks old but a little chunk!

Miss Caitlin

Tracie
This was all I really saw of Mason and Sydnee...they loved the creek.

Tucker, Jett (with a haircut...yay! Davis will get one this week) and Bella posing for me...they had been catching crawdads.


When I gave Duffer the camera to get Jett blowing out the candles, he switched the mode so these aren't very good. I edited as much as I could but this was all I got...

I think Jett likes attention by the look of this....

Brooke, Vanessa and Ryan...


My Grandma


Rylee didn't eat the cake of the cupcake, she just scooped the icing off with her fingers.

Opening gifts...I think this was a Spiderman shirt.


Hands on hips like he always does...still haven't figured out where that came from.

Monster trucks...his favorite...




Cindy talking to Linda and Maynard.

Davis with his baseball gear heading to the baseball field in front of the cabin.

Jett giving Papaw a big hug!


Rylee
Michael, Jarrett and Blake got there after we'd opened the gifts and we forgot to open their gift. We opened it at home and Duffer was going to have Jett call and thank them but I need to make sure he did...if not, Jennifer he will call today!

Davis, Jarrett, Jett and Blake playing in the creek.


I wondered why Jett was so wet but I think this picture answers how that happened!


This was too funny not to put on here even though you may have to click on the picture and make it bigger to see. Blake had gotten hurt somehow and Duffer and Michael told Jett to go make sure he was alright. Here Jett is trying to help him get up.


Now Jett is looking at his knee making sure it is okay. haha

You can tell he is probably saying, c'mon Blake just get up, you are okay.

We had a great time and so happy that everyone came. Several of our friends and family didn't get to come because of conflicts but we all know how hard it is to do things when we are so busy.

We were supposed to go the the Bellamy's after the party to cook out. We came home and changed, and I decided to start the laundry...I get way behind if I don't do it everyday and I hadn't done any in 4 days! About 15 minutes after I started the washer and we were getting ready to go out the door...Davis asked why the floor was so wet...we looked and we had about an inch of water in the downstairs bathroom and it was seeping out into the den (luckily it was tiled) and into the garage. Duffer had not put that hose that drains the water into the little slot that he was supposed to so we had a HUGE mess. I called and said we weren't gonna make it to the cookout and we cleaned up. We had no towels to use because that was what I was washing so we had to use the dirty clothes in the floor!

Duffer went back to the apt. to get our clothes from the closets because we had nothing to wear to church. Since I am sitting here at almost 10am posting this, it is obvious we aren't going to church. All of the clothes are in the vehicle still and I can't wake Duffer up. He is so exhausted...he didn't get home until 2am the past 2 nights and we have gone non-stop both days. My back is hurting extremely bad so I am thinking I may have carried too much. I hate missing church but with our work, we can't miss work either so we have to finish getting this stuff moved in. I think I am going to lay back down until everyone wakes up and we have to work some more!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHat a fun weekend...On Rylee...No I just happened to be walking by the door, and she turned around towards the door and said Allison I pooped...Of Course I said NICOLE!!!!!!! and told her not to move, Mommy would be right here!!!! Hahahaha, but of course Duffer beat ya to it...he such a good daddy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Goofy,

I wasnt the only girl that went back with the guys...Kat went back with Duffer to the furniture too, as well as Allie & Ashley with Tommy! They were such great little helpers!!!!

~cassie~ said...

Looks like Jett had a great party...I hate we had to miss it...You know we would have been there if we were in town!! Love you guys!! Happy Birthday to Jett!! See you soon..

Nicole said...

Sorry Allison...that day was pretty much a blur and since I couldn't post until 2 days later...well I did good to remember what I did! ha ha Thanks for all your help!

AshNAlMom said...

Love The House, Sorry about the dryer. Tommy is sorry too!