Thursday, May 29, 2008

Davis' 1st game ~ Eagles

I am getting behind on my blog posts...sorry...but there just isn't enough time in the day to do it all!!!

Davis had his first game with his Eastman league team, The Eagles, on Wednesday evening. They play Mondays and Thursdays at lunchtime and on Wednesday evenings. Aunt Katheryn and Alexis came to watch him also. Duffer left half way through in order to get to Domtar for his and Jett's game at 7:15.

Here is Alexis before the game.

Rotten Rylee
Duffer with his two youngins...

I put this one on here because on my last post I commented on Jaden and his tongue hanging out and here is Davis doing the same thing.

So the long hair is growing on me...I have a ton of people tell me they like it better long...surprisingly since most parents (moms especially) are against this long hair phase. I really like Davis' after he plays a game and it flips up...he said he liked it when it curls up (as he puts it) so before you know it we will be curling it to get "that look" since his hair is stick straight! That was a joke....

Just barely missing a ball...Davis plays shortstop on this team. I just learned yesterday that this league goes up to 17 year olds and EVERY age group is pitching machine! Here I was upset that I didn't push for Davis to play with the 10-12 age group...I was thinking they were pitching and he would get more experience at it. The games are fun because I see everyone I know from work.

This one almost looks like he is sticking his tongue out at me but I honestly think he was just licking his lips...hee hee

Davis and his coach...I forget his name but he used to be the football coach at Robinson...he is now retired...very nice guy.

Poor little Davis is the only one on the team who knows how to run to the next base and check where the ball is so that he knows to stop or keep going. Some of those poor boys don't even look like they have touched a baseball before.

Tongue again...I couldn't resist...oh and starting with the picture above and all of the rest...I took sitting on the first bleacher instead of right up at the fence. I have a book that explains how to take pictures through a fence and have the fence be almost invisible but I actually did this by accident. Then I noticed you couldn't see the fence too bad so I kept doing it...much more comfy than down on the ground hunched up to the fence!!

Only 5 team members showed up so each player on our team batted 2-3 times each inning! As soon as Davis would run home he would be up to bat again....great for batting practice!

Davis got one home run. Bless his heart he still tries to play like his competitive league but these poor boys can't catch the ball! This league is purely for fun and I think it is good for Davis since the competitive league is so hard core.


They WON and I took this picture because I figured no one would believe me when I told the score...yes it does say 22-7! Nice change from losing so much with the Pirates.

All the players....all 5 of them...and the coach at the end. Oh and that big boy...he can jack the ball!

Three players that didn't show up are all brothers. It is SO ironic because when Alexis got her yearbook she let me look through it...she goes to Jefferson and I know a lot of kids who also go there...well I was looking at it during one of Jett's Braves game and Susan pointed out to me that there is a little boy who goes there named Jett also (in 1st grade)! How odd! What is ironic is that he and his 2 brothers are on Davis' team!
Davis played again on Thursday (I took my lunch hour and went to watch it) and they won again (19-6), had only 5 players again, and Davis got another home run! Woohoo!
Thursday evening Jett had a game, with the Braves. Duffer worked over and missed it and also inconvenienced us since Jett's ball bag was in his car. I had Davis' in mine so I did find Jett a glove (I had 6 to choose from...who needs that many???) but he had no hat, bat, helmet or batting gloves.
I didn't take any pictures but here are 3 highlights from the game that I remember:
  • Jett got one runner out while playing pitching position...when he was in the outfield he often yells..."Two down, one to go!" They do that in Davis' league so he is big stuff knowing how to keep up with it...or so he thinks! ;-)
  • When he was on first, Jaden was warming up to bat and Jett said, "Hey Jaden! Are you going to smack that ball??"
  • Jaden was then on 1st and Jett on 2nd and the ball was hit to the outfield, they both started advancing bases, the ball was thrown back in to the 3rd baseman, both boys paused and turned as if they were going to run back to the previous base, then they saw the ball roll past 3rd base toward home and they continued running to the next base and both slid to 2nd and 3rd. What was the funniest about that is they were in unison the entire time as if they had rehearsed it!!! Too funny!!!

I have some more to post about daycare but I am saving it for tomorrow...I have got to figure out a way to shorten these posts I do...I am being told over and over that they are too long for my friends to read. :o( I am just beside myself thinking about my weekend...NO BASEBALL!!!! 8-O





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE NOT TO LONG! THEY GIVE ME SOMETHING TO READ! HOW IS DAVIS GETTING TO THIS LEAGUE DURING THE WEEK @ LUNCH? GRANDMA? HE'S SO CUTE!I LIKE IT FLIPED UP TOO! THE HAIR!

Nicole said...

Thanks Allison! It is mostly coming from the men (who say they are too long) because most men don't like to read much.

Yes my Grandma takes him to the day games and then I meet them over there during my lunch so I can still see...if nothing else is going on.