Jaden, Jett and another player (sorry don't know his name) sitting patiently watching the game before theirs. I love these kind...I think I have a thing with pictures from behind...you will see what I mean in a second...
In the beginning of the game, Jett was put on 1st base. By his look here, I think he was happy with that.
These are the cleats that Susan (Jaden's mom) had on and they were SO cool! She had them specially made...I hope you can see that they have their last name on them and also her # which you can't see in this picture.
Up to bat...he is still consistently hitting well. This team uses a pitching machine and so far...knock on wood...he has gotten a hit every time up to bat. He and Jaden are both youngins on this team...Jaden is still 5 but will turn 6 in the fall and Jett just turned 5...this team is 6 and 7 year olds so they are certainly holding their own!
On 1st base...glancing over at his family to make sure we are watching him. He is all about some attention! Sound like anybody you know??? ;-)
This was actually a re-enactment but she did it so well. I had turned around and noticed Rylee yelling and waving at Jett and the excitement in her face cracked me up. I asked her to do it again and she did just so I could get my "Kodak Moment".
Of course I had to have Jett do the same. He was waving back at her so big brotherly (is that a word??). Davis tends to be more like me and not like the attention. When we yell at him on the field he just gives a half smile and goes on. I guess he is too cool now for all of this silliness.
Here is Jaden's mom and sister...Susan and Kristen...I had to sneak this one in since they weren't keen on the idea of me getting their picture. Susan...(I know she reads my blog even though she never comments) at least I didn't post the one of you guys eating! :oP
After a couple of innings, everyone was moved around and Jett went to centerfield. You can see that boredom quickly set in as he began to dance around and practice his sliding...which is what he was doing here. I don't think there is ever a moment that this boy isn't pitching, batting or sliding!
And here is the important man...the COACH...Steve...also known as Jaden's dad. He is a very good coach...very patient and fair. He has to miss our game on Tuesday and Duffer was going to fill in but Jett's tball team plays at the same time (our final conflict I believe...but would have to check one of my four calendars to confirm that one!).
Jaden batting...he is a lefty...which I happen to be partial to lefties (my Daddy is one and I had so hoped one of my kids would be).
Speak of the devil...making a goofy face as usual. I felt bad for Davis since we were playing in the field beside his "former" team, the Pirates. He says he still wants to play with them (not going to happen) but he really doesn't seem as upset as I thought he would. Oh and I talked to Cole's dad tonight (also from the Pirates) and he said they politely quit...meaning they said they were unavailable for this weekend's tournament and will be out of town for the following one so basically they are not playing on the team anymore either. Funny how what goes around, comes around...the Pirates won't have enough players without Davis and Cole (who also happen to be the best ones) so it looks like the season may be over for all of them.
I happened to like this shot since you can see Jett hitting the ball...Duffer on the other hand said it was awful....saying that Jett was looking out in the field and not watching the ball! Well, he hit the ball anyway so I say whatever works, keep doing it!
Of course Jett, being my most dramatic child, has to slide into 1st base...when we all know you don't slide at first ever.
So I got bored waiting on these pictures to upload and made this...
I still need to make one for Davis' 2 teams (Pirates and Eagles) and Jett's other team, Marlins. Davis played his first game with the Eagles (Eastman league) tonight...will post pictures and give details tomorrow...and Jett had a tball game after it. The Marlins got slaughtered once again but hey...it's tball and they are so cute to watch...except for the problem kids! I feel like I missed most of the game because I yakked so much...seems like everyone I know also played tonight...and then when I finally quit talking my cell phone rang 3 different times! It's okay...I saw the important parts...when Jett was up!
Now I seriously must go to bed...it is 11:45 and I have to get up in 4 1/2 hours for work...YUCK!!! I will get Davis' game details posted tomorrow...Jett plays again with the Braves tomorrow but I will have more time than tonight.










2 comments:
Don't know if I would call that a short post or not....=) Ha ha...
Ian has a BIG game tonight...We are undefeated....and the team we are playing is also undefeated...so it should be a great game...We are SO excited about this one....
Who say's you can't slide into 1st, 2nd, or 3rd....GO JETT!
Post a Comment