Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can I have any more to do in one day???

I am very tired today. I envy those working moms who get to go home after work and relax and go to bed early. Come to think of it...I don't know any moms like that except the ones who have very young children who aren't involved in any activities yet...and all I can say to them is enjoy it while you can!! :o)

Yesterday after work I picked the kiddos up as usual and drove home to get them in their ball clothes. I usually only have about 30 minutes at home before we need to leave so I usually don't even get to get out of my work clothes! We had a conflict yesterday with Davis having practice at Sullivan field at 6 and Jett having a game at Domtar at 6 also.

I had the bright idea of getting to Davis' field 25 minutes early and was going to leave him with the coach until Jett's 1st game was over...yes he played TWO games back to back yesterday in different locations! Of course when I need to be somewhere no one shows up to Davis' practice until 5:58!!!

By this point Duffer was calling me fussing and not wanting me to be late and I was flying to get there. Jett was 15 minutes late but that was the best I could do. He played really well...no homers this game but he did get a double. The funniest thing...or to me and Katheryn (my SIL) anyway...was when Jett was trying to run a girl out at 3rd and he plowed into her knocking them both down (no he didn't get the out but it was really close)! She was really hurt though and got back in the game after 3 minutes or so. Then a ball fowled towards 3rd and the same girl was trying to run home and he was going for that ball and ran over her again! Of course...to me...this is why I think they should always split the girls and boys up even in tball. But that is just my opinion...Another funny moment was when he was running home and a little girl was running in front of him but he was closing in on her and he had that look of determination on his face and told her to "Move!" Ha ha...it was cute but you had to see the face for it to be funny.

So they won...since they don't keep score we don't know what the actual score was...they recorded it as 5-1 (us) but that is no where near what the actual score was because they scored 7 runs in one inning and the other team scored 9 in another so we know the score had to be pretty high. Oh well, we won anyway!

So then we went on to the 2nd game...I got fussed at by some of the parents because I was flying in there running late...I think they lost this game but again not sure since they didn't keep score on the scoreboard. Jett did well hitting from the pitching machine. I think he only got to bat once but he got a base hit. I will take my camera Thursday and get some pictures (forgot it in the rush I was in). They play every Tuesday and Thursday with this team, the Braves.

So we got home last night close to 9pm and ate, did baths and watched American Idol. We didn't get to bed until 10:30 so my kids were really tired this morning. Duffer is off today because he and his brother are moving our stuff out of storage. Duffer went to bed dizzy and woke up the same so hopefully that vertigo he had a couple years ago isn't coming back! My diagnosis is that where he was out all day on Sunday in the wind and rain moving, he probably has an ear infection and that is making him dizzy...but what do I know?

Tonight is Awards night at Awana so I will have some pictures to post later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have rode with you many many times..in the Jetta and you scare the crap out of me...I can imagine in an SUV!!!