Jason, my BIL, had to go to work around 1 or 2 so when Katheryn, my SIL, got off at 3...she went to help Duffer. While I was at work, our friend Tommy called and offered to help as well.
By the time I got home at 5, they were bringing their final load. YIPEE!!! We were trying to hurry so we could get to Awana Awards Night but it just didn't happen. Duffer was too tired (and me too from working all day) to unload the trailer so we moved some stuff around and managed to back it in the garage. By this time it had started to rain so we couldn't leave it out. After all, my kids have been in Awana for 4 years now and we have yet to make it to Awards Night...they would probably be shocked if we actually did go!!
Allie, Tommy's daughter, was starving so we all decided to go eat. (Jayme and Ashley were shopping with a friend and met us as we finished eating.) We went to Moto's to eat...I LOVE Japanese but don't get to eat it too often since Duffer doesn't like rice. I told Duffer since we are SO much closer to Moto's now, he may just have to get used to eating there! ;)
The funniest moment when eating...and I can't believe I am putting this on here but it was hysterical...I was talking to Rylee and I kept saying..."Look at that big ole belly you have!" Well, Rylee being the spitfire that she is replied, "Well, you have big boobies!" I could feel my face get about 10 shades of red!!! Everyone started cracking up...even the tables around us because she said it quite loudly. I simply replied, "Well, thank you Rylee but I think everyone already knew that!" And just for the record, they are not big at all...whatever would we do without pushup bras from Victoria's Secret??? Most of my friends will not be able to relate to this since they are more blessed than me but I have a few who will!! hee hee hee
I don't know what happened but as soon as I got my belly full, I couldn't hold my eyes open! I barely made it through American Idol...mostly because it was a no brainer that Syesah was leaving. Next week will be interesting though....according to Davis, David Archuleta will win because of all the teenagers that will vote for him. Where did that come from??? It's so funny because he and his friends talk about the show at school and these are the things he comes home with!
This morning I had to drive Duffer's Suburban to work only to get there and realize my pass was still in the console of my car!!! (I had to drive his because he takes the kids in the mornings and his car was packed full so no room for them.) I had to drive back up Moreland Drive to meet him and get it. Luckily I was 40 minutes early for work anyway...making up time where I sometimes take an hour lunch.
So anyway, it is a dreary rainy day. Davis has practice tonight and Jett has a game so I am hoping they get rained out so I can stay home and unpack some...not to mention I need to do some laundry. If Jett does play, he will have to wear a dirty uniform! :o( I am thinking he needs another pair of pants since he plays 3 games a week every week.
My entire point of this blog was just to celebrate that all of our belongings are now in one place and it is starting to feel more like home!!! My goal is to bust my butt ALL weekend (around Davis' tournament games anyway) and get it all put up and organized and all my pictures hung up!!!









2 comments:
You can do it! It will look awesome!!! Duffer will be glad to hang them pictures!!! hahaha!
Sounds like you guys are making a whole lotta progress!! Good for you!! You will be all settled in, in no time at all. Enjoying your new home and getting some rest.
We will have to get together soon...especially since we only live a hop, skip and a jump from you guys now!! Yeah! Just in time for some SUMMER FUN!!
Post a Comment