Sunday, April 20, 2008

Winding up the Weekend

Today was a busy day to say the least. We attempted to get to church in time for early church but ran into an obstacle while giving the kids baths. Jett had a tick embedded in his head. Now how I have managed to make it 9 years without any of them having any ticks so far I have no idea! Thank GOD that Duffer was home because I could not have removed that tick. Jett was scared and crying and I was watching but almost passed out when Duffer had to pull the head out...GAG!!! I told my dad about it and he said if you just rub Icy Hot on the tick...then it will back its head out...maybe that is what I will do if ever get in this situation on my own!

So anyway, we made it to church a little late...as usual...and only stayed for Sunday School. After class was over we bolted to get something to eat and went straight to the ball fields. Today we played at Eastman ball fields which was nice to not have to drive to Bristol again. We had to change in the car...not comfortable...and made it there just in time for Davis to warm up about 20 minutes before the game started. We also saw the Aldersons and I got to see Kristen batting...they are big into baseball just like us! Susan even teased us about skipping church...she went to Sunday school also. :O)

Today we got slaughtered again...but it was pathetic this time since the team we played were terrible. Davis pitched really well, striking out a couple of players. We were talking to another mom and she said that she didn't think her husband would keep their son on this team the way they are now...her husband is like Duffer...very competitive. I know you all probably think I am the most negative person in the world but you haven't seen what goes on in practices or games. There is NO coaching or guiding or anything. I mean you have to tell the boys whether to steal or not...give me a break! Plus you have to keep in mind...if this was Kingsport Parks & Recreation (where Davis used to play) and we had only paid $12 to play them then I wouldn't complain but we have already paid over $300! We expect Davis to learn a lot like he did last year and it just isn't happening. Another thing I might add...Davis is a good player...not the best by no means but he can hold his own. We tell him every game that we are proud of him and that he played good...please keep in mind our frustrations are with the coaches and the kids they have put on here who should probably still be in t-ball! Our kids ~ all of them ~ know that they are number #1 in our eyes and that we are super proud of them everyday! We did however get word to the other 2 top teams that if they need an extra player that we are more than willing to fork out money for new uniforms and switch teams!!!

Here was Duffer as he was throwing ball with Jett before the game started. He is letting his hair grow but he trimmed his sideburns, messed them up and then had to cut them off. I teased him and told him that it now looked like he was going for a mullet...I mean you must have sideburns!!! He said he was growing it just to aggravate me...like I care...but now it is getting on his nerves because it is hot. The kids made fun of him on the way to church saying that it was 'crazy looking' and sticking up too much! LOL!

My little man cheesing for me....he is such a cutie...ears and all! ;-)


I thought this was hilarious...Rylee was running toward me - right through where they were tossing the ball and almost got clocked! I think this is one of the looks she inherited from Duffer! ;)

Rylee was in a mood today and Duffer was so frustrated that he said for the 1 millionth time that he wasn't coming back to anymore games if we didn't have a babysitter for Rylee. She is at the wonderful stage where she runs all over the place and doesn't want to sit still. I didn't get any pictures after the game started because I tried to watch Rylee so Duffer would chill out!

Davis with some of his teammates before the game started...I don't have a clue what their names are...I am so not into it this year.

Doing the coin toss before the game (to determine who is the home team) and shaking hands.

Warming up...playing short stop again...he pitched the last 2 innings.

After the game...the only one we played since we lost...we came home to rest for a very short time and then Duffer took Davis and Jett to choir. This will probably be the last program they are in because it is interfering with both of their sports and they absolutely hate it. Jett cries everytime they leave to go. I know we could make them continue to do it but if a child hates something that bad then they really aren't going to put 100% effort into it.

While the kids were at choir Rylee and I stayed behind so that I could clean up this nasty place! You would think when you are gone all weekend it would stay clean but it is the opposite in fact! I guess where we come and go so hurriedly that you tend to just toss stuff down because it was a mess!
We are going to look at another rental house on Tuesday so keep us in your prayers. I am not crazy about it but Duffer wants to look at it. If any of you readers out there in Kingsport know of any rental houses please let me know!!! We aren't that picky because almost anything would be bigger than this apartment!!!

Got to go update Duffer's website now. He is going to have an 8U competitive team next year for Jett to be on and he already has the name and website. For now he is going to use it for his t-ball team this year. He wants me to take pictures of the team and put on it so I will put the link for it on my favorites to the right of my blog so everyone can check it out! I haven't been able to attend any t-ball practices yet to get pictures but I will be able to Wednesday night. It will be another hectic week...both boys have baseball/t-ball practice on Monday, Davis has baseball on Tuesday, Jett has t-ball on Wednesday, Jett has soccer on Thursday, and then another baseball tournament begins again on Friday (this one will be at Domtar all weekend). Shew!!! I should lose another 8 pounds (yes I have lost 8 in 2 months-yipee!!) just from all this running, running, running!!! I am considering painting my vehicle yellow...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEP YELLOW would be PERFECT for your hectic lifestyles...but your kids will remember it...so it's worth it!!!

~cassie~ said...

It was good to see you guys in Sunday School this morning...Hope you have a good week...sounds like a busy one...

Tanja said...

We let Clay out of choir, too. He'll sing at home often, but does not like to be on stage, so what's the point? But we are making him stick baseball out, even though we all pretty much hate it, except Spencer. We paid for it, and we gave him the choice of whether or not to play. Now he has to perservere. But I'll bet he never asks to play it again, which is fine. They either love it or they don't.

Anonymous said...

BTW..That was very informative about the tick...I never knew Icy Hot would remove them...anyway here's ya a story...You of course know how long & thick my hair is..Couple years ago, I thought I had a big bump in my head so mom got to looking it was a TICK, the size of about a quarter! Talk about GAG!!! I just thought it was a bump that kept getting bigger...She didn't think nothing about it, she just pulled it out head and all, and I was like Jett @ 28 years old...hahaha, during summer she checks often!!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my! Poor Jett....ticks are so nasty and so easy to get! You better tell the Duff man if he doesn't get his hair cut he's going to get one in his head too...and no one will EVER find it!! ha..ha..ha.

I hate to hear that you are having a disappointing time with baseball. The fact that you guys have put so much time and money into it....you would expect much better than what it sounds like you are getting.

That picture of Rylee running towards the camera is hysterical! That look on her face cracked me up!!

It sounds like you guys are going to have very sporty week.
Have a great one!