Remember earlier I said we went last night to make sure I knew where I was going so I would be there on time??? Well, guess who forgot to communicate that we were supposed to be there by 10am??? Duffer swears he told me but I told him (when I was getting ready) that I didn't plan on leaving until 9:45...now would I wait that long if I knew we were supposed to be there by 10am??? I told the coach that from now on they must communicate to both of us in order to prevent this chaos...the coaches were freaking out thinking Davis wouldn't be there.
Here are a couple of pictures before we left...
Davis in action....he did awesome the 1st inning...he played short stop and caught 1 pop up and then got 2 grounders and threw to 1st...if you are counting that is all 3 outs courtesy of Davis!! Yipee!! My joy soon faded because he had many fumbles after that.
Davis at bat...he struggled last year with hitting. I guess it was to be expected since he went from pitching machine to kid pitch...to say there is a big difference is an understatement. So far this season he has gotten a hit every time he was up to bat...he did get walked once.
If I had not been zoomed in so far you could have seen him smacking the ball. :O( I am still trying to figure out how to get better pictures at games. You see they have these annoying tall black fences...I know these are for our protection even though I saw about 6 balls get hit over and into the crowds...but don't they understand how hard it is to take pictures and video through these thick fences??? One of these days I will get the nerve to walk slightly inside the fence and get some awesome shots.
I included this picture because I thought it was hilarious...what is he doing??? Taking a break???
Here is Sam...from our team last year...pitching for East Tn Select...he just got glasses a couple of days ago. He plans on getting contacts though...Sam will make the 3rd fourth grader I know with contacts.
And here is Mr. Lane Williams....he is such a cutie!! I swear he is the most polite boy I have ever met. Daniel and Nicki were very busy today since Lane and Cory play on different teams this year and they both had tournaments this weekend! After our game, they headed off to Greenville for 2 of Cory's games. Shew! Oh and pray for Laura Williams' daughter...she is 7 and they think she may have luekemia...she is being transferred to the Med Center (or somewhere like that) for further testing. She has been really sick for over a month. (Laura is Daniel's sister and I graduated with her also).
I love the green and navy uniforms that Select team has...much better looking than our plain ole navy and white.
The first game ended sadly...we lost 27-0...or should I say we got killed!! It was depressing...I went and talked to Nicki after the game and said to her, "I told you we sucked!" and she said, "I know I couldn't even cheer it was so sad." :O(
Duffer and Jett arrived about 30 minutes after our first game ended. Jett was more interested in playing his GameBoy instead of watching his brother play. He did bring his glove and threw a ball around. The funniest thing was when he tossed it up in the air (he throws it up on his own and practices catching it) but the ball came down and smacked him right in the forehead. It didn't even phase him!!
Duffer finally there to see Davis play. Duffer gets SO mad at Davis' coaches though...because they don't do any coaching! I mean it's pretty bad when the coach is telling the players to watch the runner because he is going to steal but the empire yells at the coach and says 'it's a dead ball' meaning they can't advance. I mean how embarrassing is that??!??!?
I didn't take any pictures of the 2nd game because my plan was to video. I did video Davis batting once but it was so windy and cold that I stayed wrapped up in a blanket and didn't move.
The 2nd game ended in our favor 17-10...Duffer and I were both shocked because we didn't think any team was worse than us. We would have actually beat them 17-3 but our team got too confident and they scored 7 runs in the last inning!! Davis didn't pitch any today so they must be saving him for tomorrow...the rules are that if he pitched today he wouldn't be able to pitch tomorrow...and tomorrow's game will determine what place we come in.
Now for the highlights of Jett's soccer game...Duffer and I called and texted a lot during the game so we could keep informed of how the other child was doing. First of all I must say, it never fails...if I am not present then my kids play the best they ever have! Jett's team won their first game of the season so far (out of 3 or 4 games) and Jett himself scored 3 goals!!! The score was 8-6. I can't believe I wasn't there to get a picture of him scoring but I am so proud that he played so well!
After both of Davis' games, Duffer headed to Blountville to pick up Rylee and the boys and I headed home. We stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to purchase them each an Under Armour...they have about 7 between the 2 of them but they are buried in storage. Then we went on to Wally World for some groceries (a light trip...not one of the overloaded almost need 2 buggie trips that we usually make). Rylee had asked for spaghetti this morning for breakfast so I got the hint that she was craving spaghetti and that is what we just had for supper.
Now we are resting and waiting to hear from Mark to see if our favorite band in the Tri-Cities (Smacker) will be playing tonight. They played at Domtar this morning and if they all get done with their games (Bo played at the Bristol tournament after our game at 4pm and Ethan is playing in Greenville with Cory) then they will play at Domtar again around 8pm. Mark loved the pictures I took (and Duffer took) last weekend when they played so I told him we would love to come see them again...and of course I would get some more pictures for them.
Oh yeah and one last thing...we are still waiting to find out what time we play tomorrow. Since the first game starts at noon, we are going to go to early church...not easy for us sleepy heads...so pray for us that we get there on time! :D Worst case scenario...we will just be there for Sunday School...but hey that is better than nothing right?










1 comment:
THOSE PICS ARE SO CUTE,...I LOVE THE COLOR IN YOUR HAIR!!!! I THINK IT'S CALLED PLANTINUM & COPPER...IT LOOKS GREAT! I LOVE IT, ESPECIALLY THE CHUNKS OF PLANTINUM!!!!
Post a Comment