Yesterday was the first day of Duffer working a shutdown at work. Now while I love all the overtime pay he gets, it is extremely hard on the kids and me. Duffer went into work yesterday at 6:30am just as I did but he didn't get home last night until midnight. This left me to cooking supper, running to baseball practice for 2 hours, coming home and doing baths. Duffer had told Davis and Jett they could wait up on him (thinking he'd be home around 10) so they were determined not to go to sleep! Rylee and I fell asleep on the couch while Davis and Jett laid there also watching TV...by this point Duffer had called again and said it would be 11pm before he got home. I woke up at midnight stressing thinking he had wrecked from driving and being so tired but he finally called (after I paged him) and said he was on his way.
After all that, I had been in a seminar (that was pretty boring) all day at work so I didn't look at my calendar all day and I totally missed the appointment on there titled...REGISTER JETT FOR KINDERGARTEN!!!! Like I have said many times before...if there was a Worst Mother of the Year award...I would have received it a long time ago!!! I have emailed the principal and I am praying that I can go register him on Friday when I get off work. :O(
Now I am just struggling to figure out how to do everything this week without Duffer's help...this shutdown will last until next Wednesday with him working at least 12 hours each day. Tonight we only have Jett's t-ball and we are still having it because James will be there to coach. Tomorrow the boys have baseball and soccer at the same time so I am going to get the coach to pick Davis up again at soccer and then I will go to baseball when soccer ends. Saturday will be the worst day...Davis has dress rehearsal for his play from 9-11 while Jett has a soccer game at 11 (typing this I just realized there is a slim chance that Duffer will even get to see the play now! Unless I can figure out how to take pictures AND video at the same time, he still may not get to see it). Also Davis has a tournament to play in on Saturday but I don't know the times yet.
So as you can imagine...when I finally get home (last night it was 9pm) I am way too tired to worry about laundry or cleaning. So my house looks like a cyclone hit it and the boys are running out of ball clothing to wear! Anyone know of a good free maid service???
Just so I can push myself over the edge and have the much needed nervous breakdown that I deserve...we are signing Jett up on another baseball team. While I was at practice last night, my friend Susan came to find me to let me know that I could sign Jett up where her son, Jaden, is playing (which is at Sullivan where Davis practices). It will be on a pitching machine team and Jett will have the opportunity to get some more experience (which he will need since he will be on a competitive team like Davis next year). Duffer and I both thought this would be good for him since we really wanted him on a (non t-ball) team this year. Susan is going to try to get Jett on Jaden's team since his dad is coaching and if we ever have any conflicts....like that would ever happen...we could carpool. Of course, Duffer's team (that Jett plays on) will trumph this other team. We have a system going on...games trumph practices, baseball trumphs soccer...hee hee ~ you see the pattern. Can you tell that we love baseball???









4 comments:
Completely understand that one....James starts the shut down on Thursday...Can't wait...
I feel your pain. My in-laws had plans last night and couldn't watch the kids for FPU, so Bruce went on ahead, and I took Clay to his baseball game. Two hours later we finally started the drive home. Clay cried and threw a fit over going because he just wanted to stay home. He actually told me that we have been dragging him everywhere lately and he's tired of it. Yeah, well, me too! But his team won, so he was all good afterwards. But I was irritable the rest of the night. Go figure!
Nicole, you are so funny!
I have had a week just like yours. This time of year is ALWAYS so busy for us! Hopefully all will calm a bit when school is out for summer break!
HAHAHAHAHA! YOU ARE SUCH A HOOT! Here's something I don't understand...Gas now is $3.50 gallon, How are people with Children & Hectic Schedules suppose to Afford gas? It must cost a small fortune to run so much? and the price of groceries, Gosh I can't even IMAGINE..What families more than 2 do?
The shutdown's WE defiantly know all about it! Don will work the next 8 starting friday night..and all those parts they change, come out of our storeroom so it makes it busy for us!!!! I HATE SHUTDOWNS!!!
Post a Comment