Our baseball tournament started last night and on the way home the kids drove me nuts in the car! They were so hyper and yelling and screaming...walking home started to be an option for me! ;-) The boys had been eating sunflower seeds at the ballpark...a MUST for baseball players you know...but Duffer took them from them when we all got in the car. Jett whined for about 4 miles wanting his back so I said, "No, Jett you all are not eating them in the car because you make too big of a mess with them. My car is trashed because you all don't clean up your messes and there is no sense in it!"
Jett got the point so he had no comment but little Rylee spouted off, "I don't have no sense!" It was so cute...she thought I was referring to cents as in money (another thing you can't have around her because she will steal it in a heartbeat) but it sounded funny when she said it! That is probably one of those mommy moments that only sounded funny to me but I still thought it would be good for a laugh!
We didn't actually have any games last night but we went to watch Select play...Daniel and Nicki's oldest son Lane plays on it and that is the team we are definitely getting Davis on next year (Duffer said they will keep practicing baseball all year long in order to do it!). The main reason we went was because I have to take Davis and Rylee to the 10:00 game by myself...Duffer will be taking Jett to his soccer game at 11am and then meeting us in Bristol in time for Davis' 2:00 game...and Duffer wanted to make sure I could get there! I had a few issues of getting lost last summer on those tournaments I had to go to by myself (Duffer would be working). The field was pretty easy to find...we set off without our directions by mistake...and the first road we took went behind the field and out of our way by about 8 miles!!! We finally got there an hour late!! Hopefully that won't happen today...although I wouldn't care if it did...I am sure we are going to get killed today. The others teams are awesome. These tournaments cost a ton of money to go to and not come home with a trophy...which we usually got one last year. :O(
Duffer is trying to get Davis on Bo and Tucker's team (if it isn't too late) out at CHAC just so Davis can get more practice and actually play on a team that teaches something. If he does get on it, we will still play on the Pirates...Davis is the main pitcher so I wouldn't do that to them...but CHAC is just games no tournaments. One of Davis' friends on the Pirates also plays on Bo's team so it is doable.
Ok enough rambling...got to wake the boys up, get all the right ball gear on them, pack the necessities for being away from the house all day (which I always forget something important), get us fed, and try to get to Bristol on time! I will update tonight with the results of today's game. I will have some pictures because I am going to take pictures of one game and video the other game. Pray we don't get soaked because I think there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms today!!!









2 comments:
Hello
I hope you guys have good weather today. We just got home from Jarrett's game (we won..yipee!) and Blake has a game at 2:00. We had a couple of showers during Jarrett's game..nothing major. So they played no problem. We are hoping Blake's game doesn't get rained out.
Jarrett always has to have sunflower seeds during his games too. Like you said...it's a MUST for those baseball boys!
Cute story about little Miss Rylee. She's so cute!!
See ya tommorrow!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Jennifer =-)
Anytime you want me to go with ya, and Duffer is working just call me, Ill go so you wont be lost by yourself! Hahahaha!
Post a Comment