Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just My Luck

These events that took place yesterday were just too funny to not post about. Work went fairly smooth...surprisingly...seems like there are more down days then up anymore...but lunch was crazy with me running around trying to get my cable bill reversed...I have paid all my bills (that I can anyway) online for years and for the first time ever the cable was taken out twice! Needless to say I was not happy and I am very dissatisfied with Charter. You can't get a live person on the phone for at least 5 minutes...then they are foreign and I can't understand them nor can they me...then they tell you must go to the local office (after they push email and chat customer service so much-funny that I have tried both and they always tell me to call-then I call and they tell me I must go to the local office!) After going to the local office, I am told that I must have my bank reverse the charge, get to my bank to have them tell me that Charter should have just done it!! UGH!!!

Anyway...sorry that is a long story in itself...I get home and get the kids ready and we head off to baseball practice. I had to take all 3 because Duffer was going with his dad to look at a camper...turns out he didn't even look at it and finally relieved me around 7:30. So I take Rylee and Jett home...since it was getting chilly...and start making biscuits and gravy and sausage for supper (we are in bad need of a grocery trip but we never have time when it is something every night of the week!). We didn't have eggs since I cooked 18 eggs the night before...they were going to go bad so I cooked them all...we got our protein intake for the week I believe!! LOL!

I had started the dishwasher while the food was cooking and was dumping out some leftovers from the fridge...7 containers worth...all from one week! I guess I got carried away with the disposal and filled it too quickly because the next thing I knew food and water started coming back up! I start freaking out and almost burned my sausage trying to correct this problem that had arose. I called Duffer to find out what to do...I have no clue about stuff like this...his phone died right after I said, "We have a problem." So he had no clue what I had done until he got home...I called my dad and he said there was probably just food clogging it and if I stuck my hand in and got it all out that it would work again...if you know me at all, you know that wasn't going to happen. I told him I would just let Duffer take care of it.

So I finished the food, we ate and I cleaned up. I looked over and the sink was now completely full of water and food up to an inch from the top. YIKES! What would I do if it overflowed everywhere??? So I take a cup and start scooping the water into the other side which flows down with no problem...puzzling me since I thought there is only one pipe that it flows down but oh well...it worked. I go to put the kids in the tub...thought maybe I better check the sink again...and sure enough it is full up to the top again!!! Crud...so I start scooping away and finally this holds until Duffer came home. He wasn't happy...hee hee hee...just like me to leave him a mess.

He has to take all the pipes out and unclog and my disposal is history...I burned it up (those are Duffer's words!). Bummer...at least we are in an apartment and they will come and fix today. :O)

So I finally sit down to watch American Idol...having to watch it recorded since it is 9pm by now...and Duffer opens the door to take all the water out from the sink...he leaves the door open as I am fussing saying he will let bugs in...then this humongous moth flies in! I don't like any critters in my house unless human so this didn't sit well and the kids start freaking out because it is huge and fluttering everywhere.

I asked Duffer to get it but he was in no hurry and went on outside to tend to his trash. So I told Davis to give me his shirt...he was in the process of getting in the shower...and I start swatting like a maniac. I accidentally hit one of the dinner plates from when Duffer and Davis ate (I had cleaned up from Rylee, Jett and me but we all know it is too much for a guy to do this) and now gravy was all over me where the shirt drug through it! I was still on a mission though and after about 5 tries I nailed the moth and he landed on the table! I don't like to actually squish bugs so I grabbed a game box lid (LIFE was what the kids had been playing) and I trapped the moth until Duffer came to kill it. I had to stand there for at least 5 minutes...missing American Idol...and finally Duffer came and took over.

He just rolls his eyes and laughs at the mess I have made and says we are all crazy for getting all bent out of shape over a moth. He asked me how he was supposed to get the moth out (it was still alive, I had just injured it a bit) so he flipped the lid up...like in his bartending days...to the other side and slammed it down on the moth...finally. Then he throws it away in the trash can...I don't know if anyone else in the world is like me when it comes to this but when you kill something you don't put it in the trashcan for it to crawl back out...you either take it outside or flush. Duffer knows this drives me crazy and I think that is why he always still heads to the trash can.

After all that chaos, I finally finished watching American Idol...and starting voting again this week...look what not voting got me ~losing Michael Johns~I voted for Brooke, Kristy and Jason (for Rylee of course). I like David Cook but I hate liking who everyone likes so I am sure he will get enough votes without me. A little disappointed with the theme...what happened to when they used to pick awesome singers to coach them along?? Sorry to all you Mariah Carey fans but I have never liked her for some reason. Can't wait for tonight to see who leaves!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like a day at my house! I love reading about your bad days. They make me feel normal. :)
I don't like Mariah either. Yuck. No one wants to sing her songs.
I hope next week is better.

Amy said...

Funny moth story. I am the same way! A friend of mine just uses her vacuum hose..... I am not sure I could stand the fact it was flying around in there either though (for a short time anyway).

~cassie~ said...

Just call me a groupie...because I LOVE David Cook!!! I even teared up a little bit last night when he shed a tear...I am a sucker for a man with emotions.....LOVE HIM!!!

Stephanie said...

To load videos, you have to upload them to your computer- You have to have a fire wire that goes from your camera to the computer. Then you save it in YOUR VIDEOS and then you click on the little video icon beside where you download pictures on blogger. It is kind of confusing but simple after you do it once.

Anonymous said...

Your Crazy,..that's all I can say....Laughing the whole time I was reading!!!