Friday, March 14, 2008

A Very Rainy Pole Day

So I said I was gonna update my previous post but then when I started to upload these pictures, I put them in a new post before I remembered what my intentions were. Oh well...here they are in a new post...

It took us forever to finally get to the track today...had to clean out my car so there was room for everything, fill up with gas, run to Wally World for all our last minute necessities, drop Jett and Duffer's t-ball form in, stop by and pick up our parking passes for the campground, grab lunch...and THEN we finally headed to the track!! The rain began while we were in Wal*Mart so we knew we wouldn't see much racing today.

The campground we usually go to (and the one's we picked up the passes for) didn't have anyone at it today so we went to Earhart Campground where Duffer's family was camping out. We hung for a little bit, then headed to the trailers for some massive shopping!!! Duffer had hoarded back some spending money which pleased us all at this point.

Davis' dad, Kevin, was working for the Speedway so he came by and got Davis for a bit to visit. This pleased Davis since this is actually his weekend to spend with his dad but that was out since his dad and step mom go to the races too.

Here are some pictures from today...I wanted to take one of all four of us before we left and this is one of the several accidentally taken ones! I wore my contacts (I can see far away but not up close with them in!) so I couldn't see the settings on the computer to get the self timer set!!! After trial and error...I finally got it! (I think these pictures are always so funny though!) Don't they look excited...especially Duffer??

Here is the good one...it was a little out of focus but it was the self timer's fault I guess since I am obviously in the picture and not taking it!! ;-) )

In the car on the way...listening to his mp3 player...


Jett was totally excited about his first race...and thoroughly disappointed when no one qualified or practiced today!! This was shortly after I got flipped off in Food City's parking lot. I have such a bad temper I almost hopped out the car right there to tell the men just what I thought but Duffer calmed me down. Some people are just so rude!!!


This was at the campsite...here are Davis and Dakota. They played on the same football team when Davis was in kindergarten and Dakota was a third grader (I think??). Looking at the size of them it seems hard to believe they played on the same team. Dakota's dad works with Duffer's dad and he has the camper up there where Duffer's dad always stays. Unfortunately Dakota is a #24 fan...gag!


Duffer under the tarp....which shows up extremely blue in these pictures.


Katheryn (Duffer's sister) with Davis and Jett.


Davis and me...I had my contacts in but they aren't colored. I think the blue tarp just made mine and Davis' eyes really stand out!
Dakota's dad...can't remember his name...and Pop.

This is the only picture I got of Uncle Jay because he slept in the tent all day!

Jett played with these cars he brought ALL day...

Davis was checking out the creek we were beside and also the jets that were practicing flying over us. We love jets and airplanes!

Pop and Katheryn...this took several shots since Pop doesn't like to smile!

Davis took this one of Duffer and me and it would have been so good if it had been in focus. I posted it anyway. I didn't even realize that we had both worn grey hoodies...at least we weren't total dorks wearing the same sweatshirt because Duffer does have one just like the one I have on.

This was after we came back from shopping...Duffer in his #24 hat that I picked out. He didn't like it but I did so he bought it anyway and about an hour later he said he really did like it and he was glad I had picked it. :o)

Duffer bought Davis the Mark Martin hat he has on (Davis picked it) and when he had went with his dad, Kevin, he got the Carl Edwards jacket for him. I personally hate these jackets because they are too busy but I didn't have a say so in this one.

Since Jett isn't in to clothing yet, he got a little matchbox car in all his favorite drivers. Here he is playing with them all.

Another great purchase we got, was race scanners for the weekend. We keep saying we are going to get some but then the race always comes around and we are broke from getting the tickets alone. We rented these from Nextel and they even have a big LCD screen on them so you can see what is on the big screen in the infield. You can also see 8 of the driver's in car cameras and then of course all the stations. I can't wait to use them...I love hearing the drivers (or rather my driver) talk to their crew chief. They were all checking them out here...

Pop, Kat and Dakota were playing cards...their favorite pastime.

A man came around giving away stickers and these were some we got...Davis and Jett both got this one...

My three...the one with the little guy is the funniest...Farfrompukin! Oh yeah and you can see my Dale Jr. hat and my ticket holder (ours are in storage)...Duffer got a #24 one of course!!

I also got a Kevin Harvick shirt that I am wearing tomorrow...I got a Dale Jr. Amp shirt that I will wear on Sunday. It feels like Christmas!!! :op

Duffer decided to stay all night with his family at the campsite. The boys were going to stay but I thought it was just too cold and rainy and didn't really want to have to drive and get them in the middle of the night!!! So the boys and I came left, went by Vanessa's to get Rylee (who had been singing Hallelujah all night to them!) and we came home got baths and are getting ready to pile in one bed...lucky me...I will get no sleep tonight!

As soon as I got home, Duffer sent me a text message saying he was never staying anywhere without us again and that he wished he were home....ah....it actually shocked me since he is always wanting time to himself!!

So now I am off to bed because now I have to get us all four ready in the morning, pack the car back up, take Rylee to Vanessa's and pick up Ryan and attempt to get to the track by 10am like Duffer wants me to!?!?! I will update tomorrow with more pictures and adventures from the day....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See he is sweet, and loves and misses all of ya'll....Im suprised you didn't have to go back in the middle of the night, and pick him up! hehehe, Men are as bad as children!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you guys had some big fun at the races!

I hope you continue to have lots of fun this weekend.
Rain Rain...Go Away!!!