I had Duffer walk to the road (whatever the one is that runs by the track) and that way I turned off Exide Drive and pulled over to get him...you see I can never remember how to get to Red Barn Campground which is where we were parking at Don's campsite. We passed Don going in...he was coming out...so we were disappointed to be the only ones there...afraid of the rain they were. Here is the only shot I got of Ryan before he headed off to some friend's campsite.
Jett took this of Duffer and me...reason it is a little out of focus....
Duffer and Jett...I really liked this one because Jett had Duffer's sunglasses on his hat like he wears. :o)
Duffer and both boys...
Davis and me...
When we got to the track...the rain began so we sat inside for almost 2 hours. I know this sounds really lame and boring to most of you but honestly I enjoyed it. The four of us were together not watching TV or the boys playing video games but just hanging out. They did get a bit antsy at times but they are kids and it was a really long day. An hour after the race was supposed to start, they began the festivities.
This is the screen in the infield...the black bar on the left is a column I was trying to get around...but you could send a text message to get your message on there. Since today was my dad's birthday I had.....'Happy Birthday Bill Creasy. Love Duffer, Nicole, Davis and Jett.' (Didn't put Rylee just because she wasn't there with us.) We never saw it so they may put it on there tomorrow but I told him and he about DIED!! hee hee hee
This was during driver introductions...these were the top 10...Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards and some others standing around talking.
Our original seats were in Allison Terrace (section K)...underneath the sky boxes. It is convenient when it rains...you don't get wet but the downfall is that it is much colder up there. I guess the rain ran a lot of people off because the stands were half empty so we moved down to where Duffer's dad and brother were. There were in the Allison Grandstand (section C) which was about 30 rows from the track...much closer!! It was really nice not being packed in like sardines...like it will be tomorrow when there is no rain in the forecast!
Here is who I originally was pulling for...Martin Truex, Jr...
Then Truex wrecked...like after 5 laps of the race?!?!? Good grief!
He was out of the race...
So then I pulled for Kevin Harvick...I have always liked him ever since watching him and his wife on Drivers 360 (a show that doesn't come on anymore). But then he pitted on green flag and got behind so I had to move on to another one...
I picked Kasey Kahne because he was doing well...he finished 2nd after NASCAR called the race due to weather. He pit right in front of us...I can only hope Dale Earnhardt Jr. will pit in front of us tomorrow!!!! Please, please, please!
We had 15 laps until we were at the halfway point...at which the race is official if for any reason (like a ton of rain) they cannot finish...and this is what was over top of us...it didn't look good! They actually made it 171 laps (150 was halfway).
I took these last pictures before it began to pour...Jett loved watching the scanners.
Jason and Pop...Pop didn't know Duffer was taking this...he had just turned to say something to Jay.
Davis and me with our ponchos on ready to get wet. When it began to rain we went back inside for maybe 20-30 minutes and then we were over it. We knew they would more than likely call the race so we called Ryan and headed back to the vehicle.
We were stuck in traffic for a bit and then we were outta there! Duffer followed the flow of traffic and we ended up in Johnson City!!!! This was the second time he had done this to us...Jett and Davis were wild the entire ride home. I told Ryan that I didn't blame him if he never went anywhere with us again...I think he was mildly entertained by it all though.
I am looking forward to tomorrow...no kids :o) ) and pretty weather!! By the end of tomorrow I will definitely be over it for a few months (until the August race anyway). Today was just a teaser of a race. Oh yeah and can you believe that Duffer bought a Mountain Dew for $4!?!?!?!? That is highway robbery...but we didn't take our drinks to the track and then Duffer went back to the vehicle and got them. You really have to haul a lot of crap...especially if you are trying to prepare for cold or rain...and with 2 young kids with us we just couldn't carry it all. Time for me to get in bed...Duffer wants to be there by 10am in the morning (today we got there around noon) so I will have to get up much earlier in the morning!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment